JKOwners Forum banner

Real World MPG - Sorry!

14K views 46 replies 35 participants last post by  AikiJuan 
#1 ·
I am in the market to pickup a Rubicon and am curious as to what's the real world gas mileage on these JK's. I will be purchasing a 6spd manual as well.

I found out after buying my Ranger that it's "rated" mileage, and what I could get out of it...were far off. If the 15/19 of the Rubicon holds true, then I should be about even with my Ranger, and not too bad. Though I can't get over 17 on the highway with mine with the 33s.

Thanks! Hoping to get more Rubicon numbers since the tire and gear ratio differences vs the Sahara and X.

#34 ·
hit 20mpg today for the first time cruising at 65 up and down through small hills, seemed decent. Average was probably about 18. Not bad, it only has 600 miles on it now..

#35 · (Edited)
my 07 ranger was lucky to get 15mpg highway up here in the mountains, that's about 300 miles per tank. twas a pig. it was an extra cab 4.0l 4x4 with 5 spd.
my stock rubi with the auto was pulling 20mpg, about 400 miles per tank. they both have virtually the same tank size. not sure what i am getting with the lift and tires yet. haven't been on any long trips.
i am looking at banks to pull a little more out of the 3.8 maybe. their intake and exhaust kits look promising.

#36 ·
Consistent at 18 (17.9-18.2) city/mixed driving and 20+ highway. Highway for me is climbing in the mountains from 6,000 - 12,000 feet. Pretty much what the ratings are.

#37 · (Edited)
Well it looks like Our wranglers need the Fiat 3.0 turbo diesel bad . If you thank it time to let them know, you can contact Chrysler/Fiat Corp Hq at www.chryslerllc.com/en/ and just tell them what you want on your future wrangler, something changed, or added,just tell them, your new wrangler better not have this same old problem ,or i want a insulated hard top , and so on . Remember, If they want your $ then they must give you what you want!:usa:

#39 ·
I have a bone stock 07 2wd unlimited and I get 15.2 if I've been driving really good(slow take offs no hard breaking etc)but if not 14.5 (seem to get better mpg with mobile then others esp hess) and 17.2 after 200 or so on I-75

This worries me b/c its probably going to get killed after I put my 4" TF lift and 35s

#45 ·
I'm getting 10-12 for both city/hwy....running 40x15.50 Nittos on a Unlimited Rubicon with 5.13 gears, Air Raid CAI, Power Aid TBS and Gibson aluminized cat-back dual split exhaust.

I haven't recalibrated yet for the tires/gears so I'm not sure how much the mpg displayed would change. All I know is whenever I disconnect the negative battery cable to install some accessory, the trip computer resets the mpg to 20 and it's a quick downward spiral from there.

#47 ·
Mileage

I've got a 2009 Rubicon Unlimited. I live in sunny South Florida and it doesn't get much flatter than this. 14.6 city driving and the best I've ever gotten on the highway and probably after 100+ miles or so non-stop was 19.3 after resetting the computer at 70 mph on cruise control.. I run regular gas either BP or Costco. It's completely stock and automatic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.