JKOwners Forum banner

Procomp LED Light Bar

14K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Loki646 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the Procomp LED light bars? I know that the most popular choice for LED is probably Rigid. Vision X and Baja Designs are also great options, but they're so expensive to get in 40" or 50" bars to mount above the windshield. Also, Trail Worthy Fab has a cheaper alternative but only has a 1 year warranty. The Procomp uses Cree LEDs which are apparently high quality and has a limited lifetime warranty. At $660 shipped for the 40" it's definitely much cheaper than the other options and it has a nice warranty. For comparison, the 40" rigid has 12,800 lumens and the Procomp 39" has 10,044 lumens. Any experience/opinions?

#4 ·
I am a Rigid fanboy. Also when I buy Rigid I am supporting a local to me company. correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Baja Designs and Vision X are more expensive than the Rigid too. Personally, if I wanted a 40-50" light bar, I'd probably just save for a Rigid one.

-Dan

#5 ·
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Baja Designs and Vision X are more expensive than the Rigid too.
-Dan
Baja Designs is more expensive in than the SR light from Rigid, and cheaper than the E series. At the same time the light output of the BD light is almost the same as the E series light with user changeable optics, and a high/low/strobe mode.

The independent reviews I have seen so far have put the Baja Designs above the Rigid E-Series, but we will see what happend when Rigid changes the LED they use on the E-Series in the next few months.

#12 ·
I have a 10" Pro Comp mounted on my fair lead. Dually's mounted on the A pillars. Color is equal and the 10" fills the gap between he Dually's perfectly. I am getting ready to order another 10" for a back up light.

#18 ·
There is more difference than just the warranty.

I was told what it was by VisionX but I cant remember exactly but I think it has to do with the heat management circuitry or something along those lines which allows the VisionX to be brighter. In essence, the ProComp is the "Sahara" model and the VisionX the "Rubicon"

#24 ·
Hit and Loki, I talked to both of you guys in Florida. I can answer the questions about the Pro comp bar, but obviously need to maintain some political correctness too.
Bottom line, the Pro comp bar does have different electronics and optics which does account for the different output and beam characteristics. The Pro Comp bar is a good bar, it fills a necessary niche in the pricing for LED light bars across the board.

There are many options for LED bars, but this is not the thread to go into that. I'd be happy to start a new one, or participate in a thread anybody else would like to start. Just let me know. Since I work for VisionX now, I have to take a different posture on the forums.

I'm much more interested in talking about LED lighting as a whole, and can really explain what it all means, I started this thread last year, http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53055
But technology is moving so fast, there are new things to talk about. Do you want to continue with this thread, since there is a good base there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.