JKOwners Forum banner

PSC Bumpers and tube fenders painting with bed liner

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  07unlimitedx 
#1 ·
I am going to be ordering front and rear PSC bumpers and PSC tube fenders on Saturday my question is for those of you that have sprayed these with bed liner did you use primer or just spray it on the bare metal after cleaning off residue. Also how is it holding up I live in a very cold and gravely area lots of snow and ice. I will post pics when they are all delivered also getting Taton rear driven shaft. The build is going slow but steady.

#2 ·
Being that you live in a harsh climate I'd scotchbrite the bare steel, spray it with a good sealer primer, then bedline. You'd get the best adhesion that way. Me, im in cali, I just spray it down with brakeclean in shoot dem bitches. At least that's what i've done with my bumpers and rack.

#7 ·
Depends on what finish you like. The rustoleum has a more rough finish, and the duplicolor is a bit more smooth, but still textured, and holds up better to uv rays IMHO. The duplicolor is easier to spray on more evenly as well.

#8 ·
Bedliner scraps off real easy it seems. I think next time I need a bumper or something painted ill pay the 70 bucks to get it powdercoated.

#9 ·
I always tear up powdercoating on bumpers. It eventually starts peeling off too after bashing it on a few rocks. Prepped properly I've never had bedliner in a can come off w/o dragging it over rocks. I even had a guy rear end me and the duplicolor just scuffed a lil bit on my LoD bumper. Never came off though.

#11 ·
Do you have any places that do industrial powder coating? A place by my work, he just throws it in with other batchs that he is painting black. I had my PSC rear w/ carrier done for 100 and BFH front for 50. If I was getting your quotes I would rattle too.

#15 ·
I had my PSC brawler powder coated when I got it. I wouldn't do that again. Like said. Get a rock chip, water gets in it... Freezes and then it chips. I have more Duplicolor on the bumper than powder coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.