JKOwners Forum banner

Poly 3" coil springs

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  SoK66 
#1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my coils and these are at the top of my list any feedback or photo's would be great, Thanks.

#5 ·
I have the 4.5's on my rig and love them so far.
I had a Dana 30 axle, front driveshaft, 4 old 4 inch lift coil springs, front and rear fab 4 bumpers, 5-17 trail ready beadlocks, speaker box and a few other goodies in the jeep the other day and she barely noticed at all.

#9 ·
hey there, so moving up i see, i am running poly 4.5's for a while now have had no problems. they are off chris's jeep.

lou

#13 ·
i have noticed from personel experience allot of body roll can come out of the suspension components themselves. you have to remember that the bushings on many of our control arms were not up to snuff.

you would be amazed at how much difference there is in new suspension bushings and joints and upgrading the bolts helped as well.

lou

#14 ·
This is true, mine feels like it has a dead spring is the only way to explain it, when you go over bumps it feels like the rise and fall is not right, I can't explain it. It almost feels like when it goes up then returns down the body is being forced to one side, think jumping up and someone pulling you to one side.

I know it sounds weird but it never pulls or jerks, it stays straight but it feels like the whole body goes up and down in a arc instead of linear up and down.

#15 ·
actually know exactly what you are talking about. feels like its leaning then jerks you back to the other side.

solved this by upgrading shocks and replacing worn control arms and man huge difference.

i also noticed a difference with the new bolts in the rear trac bar. did that first. cheaper then the control arms.

#16 ·
Damn now you have the wheels turning, surely the year old bilstein's couldn't be shot could they? I need to finish installing the f911 bolt kit from poly and looks like I'll be looking more into the Metalcloak arms. I still can't wrap my head around how the bushings would make it feel like I'm in a swing from side to side though.

Sorry kinda hijacked the thread...

Any pics of the front and rear springs with the jk just sitting normally? I've seen numerous jk's over the past few years that look like the springs are almost completely compressed just sitting flat on pavement. Like to the point that you couldn't get a finger between the coils and this concerns me on freeway driving and constantly bottoming out the spring would not be in the best interest of my kidneys.

#17 ·
i can get pics tomorrow but i can assure you none of my coils are compressed sitting on flat ground.

i have seen ft anf tf springs look like that.

poly and rk not

Lou

#20 ·
My Tera flex springs have 3 coils completely collapsed of the front two springs and the same with the rear, I actually had the rears replaced by teraflex about a month after being installed because the passenger rear just about completely collapsed. Not sure if it was one of the earlier kits but I was under the impression the sway bar links had grease fittings and they had them in all pics I saw but mine never had them.I am defiantly going for the bolt upgrade kit and eventually install poly control arms.

#21 ·
I've had Tera 4" coils on mine for nearly 3 years. No sag whatsoever in the rears, but the initial set of fronts sagged about 1" and were wound improperly, didn't center on the upper seating coils and rubbed the frame, track bar bracket, etc. TF replaced F.O.C. and all's been cool since.

#23 ·
Great. I tossed the TF 9550s for Billy 5100s a while back, a bit better street ride but the big gain was control on-trail. However, iof I was to do it again I'd just get the Fox ressys and be done with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.