JKOwners Forum banner

New ARB JK Tire Carrier

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NorCalRubicon 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought/mounted the new ARB bumper/tire carrier yet? I have been looking for pics to decide which way to go but there really aren't many out there. I really like the fact that they finally incorporated eylets onto the bumper, a definite plus, but I am having questions about the tire carrier. The mounting point on the bumper doesn't look that durable especially when compared to the AEV carrier. The other question is accessorizing… Gerry can mounts, basket mounting, hi-lift jack mounting.
If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. I am still contemplating having a go at mounting the AEV tire carrier but that would have to wait till Springtime since I am moving and since the wife is sick of my projects right now. I guess yanking out the carpet and lining the tub while the mother-in-law was in town was not the best idea. Or was it?

#3 ·
Yeah, I saw that thread, thanks. I have been hunting for pics and info on it and it just doesn't seem like anyone has gotten one yet. I am definitely getting the ARB front bull bar, I mean, come on... It is rated for kangaroo strikes. I might have to go visit the zoo when I get it on.
I know that they (ARB) does a great job of over-engineering their gear but I hate to say it, the tire carrier doesn't look as rugged as I would expect. I hope I am wrong.

#9 ·
Does the carrier mount to the frame like the AEV Carrier? Do you have any, or do you mind taking pics of how it mounts? I just ordered the AEV Tire carrier yesterday, and I'd be curious to know if I can use the ARB bumper with the AEV Carrier, or if I should try and cancel my order. That's a nice looking bumper & carrier! Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.