Welcome to JKOwners.com - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 268 Old 10-04-2007, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Welcome to JKOwners.com

Like the title says, welcome to JKOwners.com. The site is small, but I promise you it will someday soon be the largest JK resource on the Internet.

Who are we? Well my name is Lance Clifford, and I am the President of Pirate4x4.com. Pirate4x4 is the largest off road oriented website in the world with one million visitors and fifteen million page views per month. While Pirate4x4 is a little too rough around the edges for a JK Forum, we felt there was a need for a real JK community where people are able to say what they want and share ideas with others and vendors freely.

We have quite a bit of background in this industry, and we plan on letting you readers reap those benefits. We will be doing LOTS of product giveaways here, just for being a member of JKOwners. We will be providing great tech, trail meet and greets, and for those of you who are newbies, we will be conducting some wheelin 101 classes by yours truly (I'm the 2007 and 2008 WEROCK Unlimited National Rock Crawling Champion, and 2006 and 2007 Baja 1000 Jeepspeed class winner.)

So enjoy the ride, and if you have any feedback or ideas, please feel free to drop me a PM or email. Thanks again for being part of something new, and hopefully something fun!

Lance Clifford
President, JKOwners.com
President, Pirate4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 268 Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Granite Guru

Thank you for having us on your site Lance. It looks like a place to get the info.and entertainment we are looking for. Congrates on the Championship. I guess you can "Rock" with the best of them. LOL
post #3 of 268 Old 10-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Wheeler

Well done Lance !

kris.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"There's the troublemaker" - Craig Beck, BLM Ridgecrest Field Office

you need to go

post #4 of 268 Old 10-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Rock God

Lance, thanks for bringing this into Pirate, makes it easier then browsing a crap load of boards

we will make this board HUGE
post #5 of 268 Old 10-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Lance

Thanks for making a JK Board.

Post #1 for me...
post #6 of 268 Old 10-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Wheeler

Awesome board Lance, great looking changes you all have made here in the past few days!! This board is going to be huge in no time at all!

OBXJEEP
2007 JK-X 3.8L V6 6 Spd / Jeep Green

Modifications:
Husky Liner
Door Entry Guards
Uniden BCT15
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Magellan RM360 GPS
Arizona Rocky Road Dual Antenna Mount
Comtelco NMO Scanner Antenna
Firestik II “FS” CB Antenna w/Firestik QD

Waiting to be installed:
4” Superlift
Coming Soon:
Cragar 365 16x8
315/75r16 MT Baja ATZ Radials

USCG - Semper Paratus
GO HOKIES
post #7 of 268 Old 10-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Wheeler

Lance, just a question, are vendor stars or red stars going to be a possibility here as well as PBB?
Scott
post #8 of 268 Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po' Riggity View Post
Lance, just a question, are vendor stars or red stars going to be a possibility here as well as PBB?
Scott
Yes, they are already available. However they don't carry over from one site to the other.
post #9 of 268 Old 10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Wheeler

Ok, I must have missed it somewhere... I'd like to become a vendor here, but for some reason I don't see a link to become one...
Scott
Nevermind, I saw it. Did want to ask, whats the rules on links to my business website if I am not a vendor? Is that legal? If not, I will rip it out of my sig asap.
Scott

Need

Proud Sponsor of:

Rock Works Racing- KOH '09 #888 & WEROCK Unlimited #888

post #10 of 268 Old 10-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I asked this question of the admins because I figured it would come up.

If you are not actively marketing your products, then you are ok.

I offered up JR from Warrior as an example, I know he works for Warrior but he likes to help out with questions. He isn't actively marketing Warrior products here and is a welcomed member of the community.

If you cross the line, we will let you know.

If you would like to provide press releases we will post them up for you.

However we would certainly prefer those that will benefit from being here to sponsor our site and our community.
post #11 of 268 Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Wheeler

Good deal. As said, I do plan on eventually become a vendor here, and plan on being around here for a while. I have some general knowledge of jeep vehicles, and such, and would also love to learn more about JK's. Thanks for the answer Michael!
Scott

Need

Proud Sponsor of:

Rock Works Racing- KOH '09 #888 & WEROCK Unlimited #888

post #12 of 268 Old 10-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Thanks for this valuable thread!

post #13 of 268 Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

Association with Pirate4x4 should help this site take off. Thanks for the initiative Lance! This already feels like home.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #14 of 268 Old 10-09-2007, 01:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks for the new site Lance.
post #15 of 268 Old 10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Wheeler

Thanks for a great board !!!..

Good job at the Grand Nationals..........I was there both days !!!

Daniel !
post #16 of 268 Old 10-25-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
Association with Pirate4x4 should help this site take off. Thanks for the initiative Lance! This already feels like home.
"Superwinch EPi9.0 on stock stubbified bumper"

I love the end caps! I've been thinking about how to do a lost cost winch front end. Did you cut off the ends of the bumper and secure them to the shortened mid-section? What was required to mount you Superwinch? Any pictures you could share? Thanks!

-J
post #17 of 268 Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to michaelkern Send a message via Skype™ to michaelkern

I to extend my thanks for a JK Board only. Site looks great.

2008 Black 4-door Unlimited X All Stock but saving up!
post #18 of 268 Old 11-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Wheeler

Great Site Lance!

It's a great idea to have a specific site for "jk owners". This site is very helpful to me already, and I only joind what 4 days ago? I asked questions about the Hesco supercharger and with in an hour I had responce. This site also helps you make desicions on expensive equipment such as the supercharger .

5 out of 5 starts
post #19 of 268 Old 12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Wheeler

Thumbs up Sweet

Thanks Lance... I really like your site
post #20 of 268 Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Wheeler

Hi, Lance (and everyone). Great site!
I've been a Jeep owner for many years, as have my 3 sons (old Cherokee, 2 XKs, a Grand and TK. My new JK is due for delivery late this month (Feb.08)...Can't Wait! I've ordered it as trail-ready as possible (short of being a Rubicon), with elect rear locker and sway bar disconect. We're planning a trip in July to Colorado (Telluride area) for a week+ of Jeeping. That's a l-o-n-g treck form Florida but we love the sites out there. Till my Jeep comes in I'm browsing everything on the Net that I can find, so here I am and glad for the company. A question: I've read the 3.8 seems to get stronger after about 5K or so. Anyone having that experience?
post #21 of 268 Old 02-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Nash View Post
Hi, Lance (and everyone). Great site!
I've been a Jeep owner for many years, as have my 3 sons (old Cherokee, 2 XKs, a Grand and TK. My new JK is due for delivery late this month (Feb.08)...Can't Wait! I've ordered it as trail-ready as possible (short of being a Rubicon), with elect rear locker and sway bar disconect. We're planning a trip in July to Colorado (Telluride area) for a week+ of Jeeping. That's a l-o-n-g treck form Florida but we love the sites out there. Till my Jeep comes in I'm browsing everything on the Net that I can find, so here I am and glad for the company. A question: I've read the 3.8 seems to get stronger after about 5K or so. Anyone having that experience?
The fly-by-wire system "learns" your driving style in the first few thousand miles. It seems completely gutless at first (and if you have an auto, you're really not going to like it) but things DO improve. Congrats on the new ride.
post #22 of 268 Old 02-18-2008, 11:08 PM
JKO Addict!

I have lurked for several months now on most of the Jeep sites...besides the Rubi owners forum (which I have never posted on), this forum appears to have everything I want and need...thanks for having me.

Dedicating the next four years to throwing the bum(s) out!

The One Constant in an Ever Declining Civilization...Me!

Putting the SWAT Back in Conservative Values
post #23 of 268 Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Wheeler

Looks like a quality board
post #24 of 268 Old 04-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Granite Guru

Hi all i am new to the board from Texas, it looks great. Here is a pic of our new addition to the family with the fam.
Attached Images

post #25 of 268 Old 06-03-2008, 04:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Homesick...welcome...now, dig deep in you sea bag and come up with the scratch for that coveted Red Star...you'll feel like you did the day you graduated from Parris Island.

www.jkowners.com/forum/payments.php

(Marine Corp Bark here).

Dedicating the next four years to throwing the bum(s) out!

The One Constant in an Ever Declining Civilization...Me!

Putting the SWAT Back in Conservative Values
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode