Im Hur!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Im Hur!!!!

Well, most of you know me.

Glad to see i'll still talk to this cool bunch

JK-Forums banned me after sending the link to this site do 2 members, but its all cool.

this is where the good people are at

To those of you who DON't know me

My name is Brian, im soon to be 19

Leaving for USAF BMT on DEC 4th
Might get my Jeep right after techschool, but Right now I'm thinking of volunteering for deployment just to see the world first.

JK ETA 6 mo - 1 year

Last edited by Caboose; 10-03-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Welcome to the forums and WELCOME to the FREE WORLD!

Congrats on your future service.... see the world.
post #3 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Granite Guru

Holy smokes!!! they banned you!!! That suck...I guess.

Anywho, welcome aboard. Good to have you here.

First, there's Jeep....
...Then there are the rest.
Oh and....
Rupedog For President

'87 XJ :: Revolver Lift Shackles :: 4.10's :: 4.5-5" lift :: 31" KM2's :: Flowmaster Super 44 :: Stock Stubby Bumper :: Fox 2.0 Remote Res.

'94 Ram 2500 :: 6" lift :: 4.10's :: 35" Duratrac's
post #4 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Rock God

Welcome Caboose,...ya I know you, that site over there might be made up of just "his" chosen few when it's all said & done. What sad little group that'll be

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #5 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

is it His site primarely?

what about all the other Admins?
post #6 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Rock God

Pretty sure it's his,...he makes a point in telling you that(all the time)....he just has some "Hardecore" followers....

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #7 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Granite Guru

Hi Caboose!

I know that screen name well!! Hi Caboose! You have a sh*tload of posts at the other forum! Sorry to hear about your 'banning'...it really sucks that people are being banned at such a fast rate these days...I hope I don't get banned just for starting to post on this forum...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
post #8 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FzyPChz View Post
I know that screen name well!! Hi Caboose! You have a sh*tload of posts at the other forum! Sorry to hear about your 'banning'...it really sucks that people are being banned at such a fast rate these days...I hope I don't get banned just for starting to post on this forum...
Funny timing that you wrote that, Peaches... I actually just PM'd a Moderator over there today, asking if my membership here would be considered "treason" against their site. Basically, I was asking for the opinion of the Mod team and the Admins.

I don't have anything against the other forum, and in fact, have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Having said that, I'm an honest person and I'm not going to "sneak around" - I'm letting them know what I'm doing, and hoping that they don't have a problem with it.

Haven't gotten any response yet, but I'm curious to read what they respond with... hopefully it's not a banning!

Mike - MJS_Jeep_888

Yes, I wheel it.

To those who don't take their Jeeps off-road: Keep chasing that
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, if you know what I mean.
; )
post #9 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Granite Guru

Definitely keep me posted MJS! I'm also a member of Jeepforum.com and JK-Boards.com, so I'm just an all around Jeep forum whore...I go where there is Jeep information available. I certainly hope WOL and the mods there don't have a problem w/ our other affiliations...

'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
post #10 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888 View Post
Funny timing that you wrote that, Peaches... I actually just PM'd a Moderator over there today, asking if my membership here would be considered "treason" against their site. Basically, I was asking for the opinion of the Mod team and the Admins.

I don't have anything against the other forum, and in fact, have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Having said that, I'm an honest person and I'm not going to "sneak around" - I'm letting them know what I'm doing, and hoping that they don't have a problem with it.

Haven't gotten any response yet, but I'm curious to read what they respond with... hopefully it's not a banning!
Buddy... They Don't Own you.
post #11 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Rock God

Welcome to the site Caboose. I recognize your name from JK Forum. Seems to be more of us coming over here every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Funny...that was my first thought too.

Last edited by BigO; 10-03-2007 at 03:50 PM.
post #12 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Of course they don't own me. However, I've been a very active member of their forum for almost a year, and have given and received a lot of knowledge on that site... so it's kind of a mutual respect kind of situation, you know?

Mike - MJS_Jeep_888

Yes, I wheel it.

; )
post #13 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So have I, Rupedog, .. well... All of these members and look what happened.

Anyway.. Just putting that up there... Free country ya know

Last edited by Caboose; 10-03-2007 at 06:34 PM.
post #14 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome to the freeworld there Caboose. Yep, this site has grown alot in the last couple of days. I think it's a great site. So you got nailed by speaking out in a private mesg. too. Yep, me to, not to private are they. lol
post #15 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupedog View Post
Welcome to the freeworld there Caboose. Yep, this site has grown alot in the last couple of days. I think it's a great site. So you got nailed by speaking out in a private mesg. too. Yep, me to, not to private are they. lol
Didn't you guys know? The P in PM stands for "ProofThatINeedToBanYou".
post #16 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 PM
gcg

Quote:

It's just ridiculous that they've set up a site where someone feels they might be banned just because they post at another site. I mean, just read that sentence and it says it all. I've never heard anything like it before. Those guys are way out of touch with reality. The huge influx of new members to this site over the past week are the inevitable results of such heavy handed, adolescent, paranoid and controlling site managment.
post #17 of 38 Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 PM
gcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupedog View Post
It seems way beyond unethical to me that a moderator would read someone's private messages. If anyone did that to you in any other situation, you would be angry beyond belief. Why anyone would not just resign from the site once they found out that that's what the moderators are doing is simply beyond me.
post #18 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

The admin in that site has a corn up his butt for some reason, he flagged the site name to come up everywhere it was mentioned
post #19 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Wheeler

Lightbulb

Quote:
The admin in that site has a corn up his butt for some reason, he flagged the site name to come up everywhere it was mentioned
Not taking sides here, but I'll fill in that reason for you: You have a bunch of people that used to belong to his site coming over here and insulting him - so I think it became personal with him. Again, not taking sides, just trying to fill in the picture for you.

Mike - MJS_Jeep_888

Yes, I wheel it.

; )
post #20 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 AM
gcg

Quote:
Not taking sides here, but I'll fill in that reason for you: You have a bunch of people that used to belong to his site coming over here and insulting him - so I think it became personal with him. Again, not taking sides, just trying to fill in the picture for you.
It was personal with him long before everyone started leaving. In fact, that's exactly the reason they all started leaving. Treat people like children, abuse them, try to control their every move and, hey, surprise, they find something better. No one has to put up with the crap if they don't want to.
post #21 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'll miss HappyC tho

And All I said in those PM's was:

AZCAJEEPER sends this:

http:// www. jkowners. com/
post #22 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'll miss HappyC tho

And All I said in those PM's was:

AZCAJEEPER sends this:

http:// www. jkowners. com/
HappyC is my favorite moderator...he seems like a really nice guy and has been very helpful.

post #23 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 10:06 AM
gcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FzyPChz View Post
HappyC is my favorite moderator...he seems like a really nice guy and has been very helpful.
Well, invite him over here!
post #24 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg View Post

I think this has already proven to be detrimental to your status over there.
post #25 of 38 Old 10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg View Post
I wouldn't recommend that any JK-Forum members that want to STAY JK-Forum members invite someone over here. Granted, this is a great forum and all, but they don't take too kindly to trying to lure people away to their competition.

Happy C is great, and I'll say this: He and I spoke via PM a little while ago, and at the risk of putting words in his mouth: he doesn't seem to hate this site or everyone in it... he is, however, a bit upset that some people are really talking smack about JK-Forum and giving a modified account of the reason that they're not members anymore, without fessing up that they had a prominent hand in getting themselves banned. He didn't mention any names, of course. <- What the hell does this symbol mean? I have no clue, but I like it!

On the other hand, the one moderator over there that I truly hate is... I'm just kidding.

Also, from responses I got from WOL and the crew, no one's upset that I'm in both forums. They know me well enough to know that I'm not going to stab them in the back or partake in any Eddie & Co bash-sessions.

Mike - MJS_Jeep_888

Yes, I wheel it.

; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode