New guy from NC - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

New guy from NC

Hey everybody...I signed up here in August and thought I'd finally get around to posting up a "hello". My real name is Craig. My wife and I are Pittsburgh transplants and are enjoying the longer summer here in NC so far. I think I've had the top down on my Jeep for all but about 10 days since moving here in May. Gotta love that.

I'll try to get over here and post more. Seems like a laid back place compared to some of the other sites I've been to.

Here are a couple pics of my Jeep. Specs are in my sig. All I have are driveway shots. Haven't had much time to get out yet.

Later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Hey everybody...I signed up here in August and thought I'd finally get around to posting up a "hello". My real name is Craig. My wife and I are Pittsburgh transplants and are enjoying the longer summer here in NC so far. I think I've had the top down on my Jeep for all but about 10 days since moving here in May. Gotta love that.

I'll try to get over here and post more. Seems like a laid back place compared to some of the other sites I've been to.

Here are a couple pics of my Jeep. Specs are in my sig. All I have are driveway shots. Haven't had much time to get out yet.

Later.

Welcoime BIGO

D#mm those are big beautiful homes,,,,oh! sorry your trying to show us that awesome looking Rubi, (looks great))> I have your twin parked 2 blocks from but not lifted/stock. I was born & raised 25 miles South of Pitts, Charleroi, in the Monvalley. No more Coal Mines or Steel Mills(I did both)), I got push out to Central Pa, Camp Hill.

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #3 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Nice JK!

And welcome to the forum.
post #4 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 06:30 PM
gcg

Great looking Jeep! I like the homes, too.
post #5 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam6869usmc View Post
Welcoime BIGO

D#mm those are big beautiful homes,,,,oh! sorry your trying to show us that awesome looking Rubi, (looks great))> I have your twin parked 2 blocks from but not lifted/stock. I was born & raised 25 miles South of Pitts, Charleroi, in the Monvalley. No more Coal Mines or Steel Mills(I did both)), I got push out to Central Pa, Camp Hill.
Hey Nam...I've never been to Charleroi, but I used to work with a guy from Belle Vernon. I guess that makes you and me distant something-or-others...twice removed...or something.

My friends and I used to go camping a lot up in the Allegheny National Forest along Salmon Creek. We also used to camp along the Allegheny river near a town called Kennerdell. Beautiful areas in the north-central part of PA. Ever been up that way?
post #6 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
Nice JK!

And welcome to the forum.
Thanks Michael. I've seen your JK video before I joined here. That thing is sick. You spare no expense.
post #7 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice Rubi. I like those decals on the sides too.

Welcome!

MikeP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Granite Guru

Here's a Big 'Ol welcome BigO.
That's a great lookin JK you have there. I like the American flags on the sides.

The homes are cool too.

First, there's Jeep....
...Then there are the rest.
Oh and....
Rupedog For President

'87 XJ :: Revolver Lift Shackles :: 4.10's :: 4.5-5" lift :: 31" KM2's :: Flowmaster Super 44 :: Stock Stubby Bumper :: Fox 2.0 Remote Res.

'94 Ram 2500 :: 6" lift :: 4.10's :: 35" Duratrac's
post #9 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg View Post
Great looking Jeep! I like the homes, too.
gc freaking g. I saw your "farewell" post (to put it lightly) over at the other forum. Now THAT is what I call entertainment.

Thanks for the compliment.
post #10 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper View Post
Here's a Big 'Ol welcome BigO.
That's a great lookin JK you have there. I like the American flags on the sides.

The homes are cool too.
Thanks AZCA. I've seen your posts over at the other forum too. Kinda hard not to see them. Didn't you have thousands of posts over there? I see you're strong out of the gate over here
post #11 of 18 Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
Nice Rubi. I like those decals on the sides too.

Welcome!
Thanks priell3. I missed the Jeep decal that they used to put on the TJs, so I ordered a couple and stuck'em on. That area in front of the door was just asking for more stuff to be stuck to it.
post #12 of 18 Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Hey Nam...I've never been to Charleroi, but I used to work with a guy from Belle Vernon. I guess that makes you and me distant something-or-others...twice removed...or something.

My friends and I used to go camping a lot up in the Allegheny National Forest along Salmon Creek. We also used to camp along the Allegheny river near a town called Kennerdell. Beautiful areas in the north-central part of PA. Ever been up that way?
Well now Belle Vernon,,,my brother used to live there and now his Son lives in that same house. My neighbor used to go hunting up his cabin in Clarion, up your way. We had a cabin in Sinnemahoning Elk County, & did all our Samon fishing up Elk & Walnut Creek Erie. Very good friend that I met & spent my
first tour in the "Nam" was born & raised in New Kensington/Tarenum area and he hunted the Allegheny Nationl Forest. Small world.

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #13 of 18 Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 AM
Granite Guru

Welcome, nice JK. Great color!
post #14 of 18 Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupedog View Post
Welcome, nice JK. Great color!
Hey Rupedog...thanks!

I seem to recall a little battle on the other site over which color was better...red or silver...but can't remember exactly who was involved. Could your post be the first volley in a battle on this site?
post #15 of 18 Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Thanks AZCA. I've seen your posts over at the other forum too. Kinda hard not to see them. Didn't you have thousands of posts over there? I see you're strong out of the gate over here
Heh, yeah, the bold "AZCA" kinda stands out. I actually have 2200 posts over there. Had 2300, but a thread was deleted so I lost 100. Strong out of the gate? Of course!! This is a new place, so I have to make myself known.

First, there's Jeep....
...Then there are the rest.
Oh and....
Rupedog For President

'87 XJ :: Revolver Lift Shackles :: 4.10's :: 4.5-5" lift :: 31" KM2's :: Flowmaster Super 44 :: Stock Stubby Bumper :: Fox 2.0 Remote Res.

'94 Ram 2500 :: 6" lift :: 4.10's :: 35" Duratrac's
post #16 of 18 Old 10-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Wheeler

Welcome ashore.. And for you RUPE...!!!! (about the color)
This is your 1st Broadside..!!!HERE..!!

RED 2007 4 door JK

SILLY RUPE, SILVER'S FOR KIDS..!!

Last edited by captsam54; 10-02-2007 at 07:23 PM.
post #17 of 18 Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Oh no...here comes another 20 page thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captsam54 View Post
Welcome ashore.. And for you RUPE...!!!! (about the color)
This is your 1st Broadside..!!!HERE..!!
post #18 of 18 Old 10-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Granite Guru

If I knew how to post pictures you would see an Aircraft Carrier and the words. " So you brought a sail boat to a 21st Century gunfight" Take that you scurvy dog! Nothing like a full strike on a wooden ship with a few 1000 pounders to seen someone to Davy Jones locker. ha ha ha Capt. you ol' pirate, so hows the suntan, you about ready to sail up to the Northwest for a little rain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode