New to the list.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New to the list..

Hello List. I'm new here, but been on other lists before. I am from Southern California. Been Off roading about 15 years, mostly Toyota trucks. I'm tired of not having a back seat and the new Toy trucks are just too long for off roading. So I'm planing on buying a JK Rubicon Unlimited soon so I'm here trying to educate myself on what kind of mods will be needed for dependable off roading.

I need a back seat so I can scare more passengers. My girlfriend has gotten too hard to scare. Shes used to offroading darn-it!!

SKeene
Anaheim, Ca

Owner 2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon. 3" Poly performance stage 3, 35" BFG KM2s Rock Hard full width bumpers front and rear, My Gig Lock pick, Rear view cam. Been off roading other types of vehicles for about 15 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to xxxxBert338

Welcome, and the JK Rubicon Unlimited is an awsome off roads vehicle.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to 1TallJKer Send a message via Yahoo to 1TallJKer

Welcome, from another (soon to be again) SoCaler.

O.B.A.M.A. - One Big A__ Mistake America

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKeene View Post
So I'm planing on buying a JK Rubicon Unlimited soon so I'm here trying to educate myself on what kind of mods will be needed for dependable off roading.
You'll need all of them. Education over. Welcome to the forum BTW.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post
You'll need all of them. Education over. Welcome to the forum BTW.
Well Darn! I was hoping the rubicon wouldn't need so much work... lol

Owner 2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon. 3" Poly performance stage 3, 35" BFG KM2s Rock Hard full width bumpers front and rear, My Gig Lock pick, Rear view cam. Been off roading other types of vehicles for about 15 years.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Rock God

Need might have been too strong a word. But you will want all of them.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome! Jeep mods are an addiction, the more you do the more you want.

WHEN in DOUBT, GAS-IT !

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!
post #8 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 09:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Welcome from Bay Area, Just wanted to say that Skibum and Luigi0523 speak the truth. I joined the forum five weeks ago with a bone stock JK Rubicon Unlimited. Asked a few questions and received alot of valuable input. Then all of a sudden this happened. RE 4.5 extreme long arm kit, RE 1310 front and rear drive shafts, Superior 5:13 gears, Dynatrac diff covers, Skid Row engine/trans skid plate, Procomp 7028 17X8.5 wheels, Procomp xtreme 37/12.5R17 M/T tires, All Warn front and rear rock crawler bumpers with tire carrier, rock sliders, blocker beam skid, 9.5ti winch, AFE cai, Magnaflow catback exhaust, PIAA 540 lamp kit, Hella air horn, Optima d34 yellow top battery, etc... After the initial shock and when the feeling came back to my legs, I was able to stand again. Then, full on addiction set in. BP and heart rate normal. I think I'll be ok as long as I keep spending.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 AM
Rock God

You may need an intervention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
Welcome from Bay Area, Just wanted to say that Skibum and Luigi0523 speak the truth. I joined the forum five weeks ago with a bone stock JK Rubicon Unlimited. Asked a few questions and received alot of valuable input. Then all of a sudden this happened. RE 4.5 extreme long arm kit, RE 1310 front and rear drive shafts, Superior 5:13 gears, Dynatrac diff covers, Skid Row engine/trans skid plate, Procomp 7028 17X8.5 wheels, Procomp xtreme 37/12.5R17 M/T tires, All Warn front and rear rock crawler bumpers with tire carrier, rock sliders, blocker beam skid, 9.5ti winch, AFE cai, Magnaflow catback exhaust, PIAA 540 lamp kit, Hella air horn, Optima d34 yellow top battery, etc... After the initial shock and when the feeling came back to my legs, I was able to stand again. Then, full on addiction set in. BP and heart rate normal. I think I'll be ok as long as I keep spending.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Rock God

Welcome SKeene! The Rubicon is pretty damn capable out of the box. A lift with some bigger tires for more clearance may be all you need. But all that mod usually does is start that little snowball rolling down that very long hill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode