Hello from W MI - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-09-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hello from W MI

I don't want my first post to be a load of questions...so it will be my second!

Well I'm "looking" at the wrangler unlimited's I'm not sure why exactly but the 4 door jeeps have grabbed my attention and I've tried NOT to fuel that flame but its a losing battle Never owned a Jeep before, and while I've enjoyed offroad/back woods touring I haven't really ever done hard core off road stuff.

A little info about me: I have been doing technology support for different public schools for a little around 11yrs or so. I do some webhosting on the side and actually started a car forum for my current car back in 2002 (won't give details as not to step on toes). I am a reptile freak and have been keeping/raising reptiles for years, mostly snakes.

...I like long walks on the beach...oh scratch that I'd rather take a trip on the motorcycle!

Anyway, questions to follow...and many answered before I even registered.

Great forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Rock God

Welcome from a fellow Michigan native. Born in Flint........raised in Frankenmuth. My JK Unlimited is my first Jeep. Had it about a year now and I can honestly say that I've never had more fun with any four wheeled vehicle. Normally I need to be on two wheels to be smiling this much. Go ahead, take the plunge. You won't regret it.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
LSM
Granite Guru

Welcome to the forum.

I just picked up my '08 Rubicon 4 door Unlimited last week and have been able to wipe the smile off my face. You will love it.

BTW, I think you picked the best fourm here. I have been watching and reading the fourm since I ordered mine (3 months) and everyone here is supportive and willing to help.

ME
08 Rubicon Unlimited / জীপ্ Green / 6 Speed..
Mopar offroad bumper
Winch
Raider Evap Skid plate
Some mods to the bumper
It has started....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 13 Old 02-10-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the welcome guys! Just from my searching and browsing before I registered I could tell this was a great community.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-13-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well I've been to the dealer near work the last two days in a row. Today I drove home an unlimited x to present to the wife. She hopped right in and away we went. She seemed to to just "fit" and had no complaints...I have the green light! I was considering a more basic 6spd but to be fair the wife the auto is what we will go with if I get treated right with the financials. The X I drove home has the larger wheels and sits alot higher than I thought it would. I would be getting standard wheels/tires and probably no power group. The key factors for me are full metal doors, tow package (pop-up camper), and the 3.73 gears which seems to be the standard around here. With these basic features and the automatic I'm sitting around the 24k-25k range...hopefully they will offer a decent trade in for the car I will be giving up. If not I will probably have to wait and sell it myself.

It was funny how many people where checking out the jeep as i drove home and I even had one guy give us the "Jeep wave".
post #6 of 13 Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Wheeler

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your jeep.

Patrick Strobel
US Army, 88 - Present
2008 JK, Rubicon
post #7 of 13 Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Welcome to the forum.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-15-2008, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks Michael!

Well The possibility of signing is in the air today or tomorrow. I was a noob buying my first brand new car and didn't fight the price at all So I'm playing hard ### this time and have a couple dealers working against each other price wise. One dealer near home that I have bought two dodges from and dealer near work where I just stopped in to look at the unlimited's.

I'm down to $21,500 with the things I listed above that I want equipped. I'm trying for 20, out the door...OR...between 20-21.5 with some upgrades. Waiting for calls, I guess time will tell if this happens or not!
post #9 of 13 Old 02-16-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It's official!!

I sealed the deal today after a few rounds between dealers. I walked away pretty good I think I will say since it seems there is very little room for price swaying that I got alot more out of my trade in than they wanted to give me. But my local dealer wanted to maintain my business so they did what they had to. I guess they just recently added the Jeeps the military discount so that was another automatic 500 off the price. I will be getting a black Unlimited X "c" package so it is pretty basic but I couldn't justify paying the extra 3k, I'll just have to get over not having keyless entry and I can upgrade the other things as needed. Anyway we nailed 19,900 out the door including an installed tow package so I'm pretty happy. By no later than Wednesday I will no longer be a "wanna be JK owner"
post #10 of 13 Old 02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Rock God

Congrats!!! You're gonna love it!
post #11 of 13 Old 02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Wheeler

Thumbs up muddy jeep,glock,time to practice with the bow lifes good

When my boys came along my 98 tj and 78 cj5 both hit the road(with someone else driving them). The day I saw the JK 4 door the decision was made. I just took a couple of months to get it done. I'm easy to spot.black 07 with 3 doors removed. I can't pull all 4 because my 2 year old can reach his seat belt now.
post #12 of 13 Old 02-18-2008, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

No kids here...yet...but we have dogs and friends I like to have room for plus I haul computers and stuff around for work so the extra room is appealing to me.

So I changed my mind today with the dealer and went for the S package on the X...i figured i don't want to be wishing I had the power accessories which apparently you cannot add to the C package...plus you get a bunch of other goodies I won't have to be wishing for later. I should have the new rig by the weekend! I can't wait, we are getting snow again and just after freezing rain this weekend...good stuff!
post #13 of 13 Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I went on a short wooded drive on my parents farm Sunday to give my niece and nephew a ride in the Jeep. Nothing extreme only one incline that felt like nothing going up. I had my mom take a couple pictures of the Jeep posing on a small bridge over the creek:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode