The Rim:August JKO Campout - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
The Rim:August JKO Campout

The Rim:August JKO Campout

Hey guys just posting our August Adventure! I have not selected a trail, I will research and find one. I just wanted to make sure everyone has a place to camp, so I posted this up a few months early. Any questions or suggestions post up!

Directions for campout

When:August 14,15,16 (Leave town 6pm Friday-Arrive 9pm-Camp through Sunday)

Where:Meet at 260/Rim rd 300

Time:9am August 15th

Trails:Aripine Power Line

Rating:2.5-3.0

Quote:
Source:AZBC.ORG

Description:7 to 8 miles of fun with some 3 rated obstructions. The trail follows the power line from near Overgaard to Aripine road with lots of up and down hills. This trail is a 4+ with snow on the ground. There are a few play areas such as Push's Bowl, a dry tank most of the year. Most of the difficult hills have by-passes for stock vehicles. Trail can be driven by stock vehicle with care. At Aripine road you can turn left and drive through Aripine and back to SR 260.

Directions:In Overgaard, coming from Heber, turn left on Mogollon Dr., go a mile or so and turn right on Chevelon Dr. At end where road turns right, go left on dirt road. Go over hill and take next right to power line trail. When you hit power line go back to the right.

Where:The Rim

Camp spot:106 reserved for me!

Camping:Aspen Camp ground near woods Canyon Lake

Reserve now 20 spaces left!

Aspen Camp Ground:Make Reservations Here

Requirements:32" tires rear traction device

Any questions? Post up!

Suggested items to bring

WATER! WATER! WATER!
Hats
Tools
Tow strap
Bug spray
Fire extingisher
First aid kit
Camping gear tents

PM if Attending

Attending:

Jdemonto
bmweight
Jdrogers

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Your on the list bmweight

BTT

21 spots left!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 42 Old 05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Rock God

Great, I look forward to this trip.

"Freedom through Strength"
post #4 of 42 Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Wheeler

What about camping on our own away from community campsites. The area has plenty of places to camp away from the crowds.
post #5 of 42 Old 05-20-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5Driverrecon View Post
What about camping on our own away from community campsites. The area has plenty of places to camp away from the crowds.
You can camp where you like, I like camping in the campground and thought it would be cool to have all the jeep guys together in one group. Otherwise I would have planned the trip for July.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #6 of 42 Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Granite Guru

Count me in!!! I've reserved site 104.

2007 Stone White Rubicon
post #7 of 42 Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrogers View Post
Count me in!!! I've reserved site 104.
WOW! I can't believe you are gracing us with your almighty presence.....LOL

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #8 of 42 Old 05-21-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

BTT

20 spots left!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #9 of 42 Old 05-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Wheeler

The Rim

Jason,

I'm new to the forum but would be interested in attending. I live in Phoenix and get to the rim often to ride quads but haven't had my JK out wheeling. Let me know if you still have room in the group!

Thanks,

Brian
post #10 of 42 Old 05-23-2009, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2jeep View Post
Jason,

I'm new to the forum but would be interested in attending. I live in Phoenix and get to the rim often to ride quads but haven't had my JK out wheeling. Let me know if you still have room in the group!

Thanks,

Brian
Yes there is room, if camping you need to reserve a spot

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #11 of 42 Old 05-24-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Hey guys I added a trail to our campout, I have always wanted to do this one stock jeeps with 32's should be fine.

Where:Meet at 260/Rim rd 300

Time:9am August 15th

Trails:Aripine Power Line

Rating:2.5-3.0

Quote:
Source:AZBC.ORG

Description:7 to 8 miles of fun with some 3 rated obstructions. The trail follows the power line from near Overgaard to Aripine road with lots of up and down hills. This trail is a 4+ with snow on the ground. There are a few play areas such as Push's Bowl, a dry tank most of the year. Most of the difficult hills have by-passes for stock vehicles. Trail can be driven by stock vehicle with care. At Aripine road you can turn left and drive through Aripine and back to SR 260.

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #12 of 42 Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds good. I have always wanted to do that trail too!

2007 Stone White Rubicon
post #13 of 42 Old 05-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Yes there is room, if camping you need to reserve a spot

Jason
Yo J! What do we have to do to reserve a spot? Phone call? Website?

07 Rescue Green Unlimited
Upcoming projects - Much needed TLC
post #14 of 42 Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Jong Il View Post
Yo J! What do we have to do to reserve a spot? Phone call? Website?
Yeah, just reserve your spot check post 1

Looks like 21 spaces left!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #15 of 42 Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Yeah, just reserve your spot check post 1

Looks like 21 spaces left!

Jason
I didn't pay attention to the hyperlink to the park Reserved #103. I love me some camping a wheelin! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some around the campfire

post #16 of 42 Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
I didn't pay attention to the hyperlink to the park Reserved #103. I love me some camping a wheelin! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some around the campfire
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Jd

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #17 of 42 Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Jd
I'm making the trip out there that Friday, late afternoonish. It's a 4 hr drive for me from Tucson so I'll be more than ready to get my on

post #18 of 42 Old 05-27-2009, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
I'm making the trip out there that Friday, late afternoonish. It's a 4 hr drive for me from Tucson so I'll be more than ready to get my on
Yeah this trip is about hanging out drinking and of coarse a little jeeping.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #19 of 42 Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Rock God

The excitement has died off in here....BACK TO THE TOP

post #20 of 42 Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Rock God

Looks like i'm in 101 for friday and sat night. The run seems cool as well.

post #21 of 42 Old 07-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Wheeler

Hey guys did this trail this weekend and it was fun. There are actually a ton of trails branching off of powerline trail.

Wanted to note that the entrance you have in the OP is now gated off, with a no trespassing sign. We ended up going back out to the 260 and in through Dead Horse Dr. which is half way down the trail. There is however another way in according to some locals. Once we got on the trail we backtracked to the beginning and I marked it on my GPS. Tonight Iíll see if my GPS will give me the directions from in town.

By the way, towards the end of the trail there is a large deforested area with a big creek bed. Very fun and technical as an option, traction device will be required.
post #22 of 42 Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Rock God

Lets get a few more guys and or Gals, or Families out for this campout. The area is awesome, I was up there a couple weeks ago, but more towards the back (lake Chevelon) this is gonna be an awesome time and a very fun run.

post #23 of 42 Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

BTT

There are plenty of spots left

www.meetup.com/jp-trails To sign up for this trip!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #24 of 42 Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm totally in for this trip! School for me starts that monday though, so my only question is when will we back in town?
post #25 of 42 Old 07-22-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Inferno View Post
I'm totally in for this trip! School for me starts that monday though, so my only question is when will we back in town?
Likely I will be leaving Sunday afternoon

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode