Torque wrench needed in socal - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Torque wrench needed in socal

hey guys do any of you high dez guys have a torque wrench i can rent for a day i need the needle type that measures in inch pds

or like this

www.jeepasylum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Rock God

Dr.D.
I have one of these you are welcome to borrow:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...orque+Wrenches

it runs from 20 to 150 ft lbs, so I don't know if it will go low enough for the inch pounds torque you need, but it's yours to use if you need it.

Current Mods:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #3 of 7 Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Rock God

If you can get a 3/8" drive torque wrench you should be OK. 1 foot pound equals 12 inch pounds and 3/8" wrenchs usually only go up to 50 or so foot pounds so they are pretty accurate in the low inch pound range.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Rock God

I have one you can use.i got it just for doing that rear end work,you got to come down the hill to get it.

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!

Last edited by so_calif_rubi; 04-09-2009 at 07:20 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Rock God

I've got several torque wrenches, one of which is the type pictured below; you are more than welcome to use it -- only problem is that I ain't near the "high dez" area. If you are in North San Diego, I'm your man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
hey guys do any of you high dez guys have a torque wrench i can rent for a day i need the needle type that measures in inch pds

Your Southern California wheelin' Attorney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I know this won't help you now, but keep your eye's open on ebay. The high end Proto's go cheap.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-10-2009, 06:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Sorry quick hijack. Do you use that type so you can continue adding torque without readjusting the knob (as opposed to the click type). That looks like a nice one there. I never liked the ones with the long needle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
If you can get a 3/8" drive torque wrench you should be OK. 1 foot pound equals 12 inch pounds and 3/8" wrenchs usually only go up to 50 or so foot pounds so they are pretty accurate in the low inch pound range.
Yeah but most only go down to 10 ft lbs or so. Depends on how low you want to go. It's nice to be able to torque valve covers and oil pans without crushing the gasket.

Hijack over, good luck with your search. If you don't find one, it seems some tool rental places offer them. And here in GA, Autozone you can buy loaner tools (if they carry that type) and get a refund when you bring them back.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode