So Cal Wine Tasting Part Deux: Valentine's Day - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

So Cal Wine Tasting Part Deux: Valentine's Day

We had a lot of fun the first time we took our dirty jeeps out to Temecula to do some wine tasting, so Puddlz and I thought we'd take the wives out there for Valentine's Day.

There are a few hotels around, but I'm booked in at the Embassy Suites on Rancho California Road (same street all the wineries are on). For now, let's plan on meeting in the Embassy Suites parking lot at 1030 hours.

We'd like to get a feeler for how many couples might be showing up so we can explore the possibility of a limo or party bus to cart us around for the day...so post up and let's get a head count.

Tasting usually ends around 4 or 5pm at the wineries. The restaurant at Callaway Winery stays open until 5 (but they're usually pretty mellow about staying open) and has really good food, so I figure we can end up back there for an early dinner. Then, we can take our bottles back to the hotel and do some more "tasting" and find some late night grub.

If we only get a few folks or decide the limo thing just isn't for us, I'm more than happy to line the winery parking lots with dirty jeeps!

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 04:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here is what I found,
http://affordalimousine.com/vehicles.htm

Got a 26 passenger PARTY BUS lined up for the event, we need 10 couple's to make this happen, its going to be a fun time, meeting up in Temecula, we got the bus blocked out from 11-4, @ the head count of 10 couple's included, the cost will be $75.00-$90.00 per couple, keep in mind if we hit max capacity (13 couple's) the rate would be split amongst everyone, let me know if interested, the sooner the better.

After the day trip we also have a couple rooms that we are going to continue the event to those who would like to stay and hang out.

P.S. we know how to party, no one left behind.

Last edited by PUDDLZ; 01-28-2009 at 05:08 PM.
post #3 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Rock God

Mommy says we are in!
post #4 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 06:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Any who plan on a room mention the JK OWNERS group upon booking for a group rate's and early check-in, if you plan on staying.
post #5 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Rock God

Team Dirty Girls (minus the Children) are in!

We're confirmed at Embassy Suites, too.

Dirty Minion #6

Last edited by dayton1999; 01-25-2009 at 07:13 PM.
post #6 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Granite Guru

Try "Public House" for Dinner.

My wife and I went last night and they have amazing food, Beer (no Coors, bud, or miller), and a great wine list (they support local breweries (Stone, Black Market, etc...) and wineries). Good live music and out door patio.

I don't have any connection to the establishment (they don't even have my favorite beer) but had a great time.

I live in Temecula, if you need any help or suggestions feel free to let me know
post #7 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I like the party bus idea way better than a limo (with my knee and Greg's feet!). If we can get enough people, let's make that happen!

If not, like I said...let's clog the fancy schmancy parking lots with dirty jeeps.

We'll figure out dinner plans as the day approaches.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 69 Old 01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bailey's is my pick
post #9 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Wheeler

I'll hit up the boss and see if she's in. We have done the party bus a couple of times down there and it's pretty sweet.

Last edited by Tycoon; 01-27-2009 at 09:17 AM.
post #10 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

UPDATE: The Embassy Suites is now sold out (online).

If you call the hotel itself and speak to Jason the manager, let him know that you are part of the JK Owners group and they will do their best to get you in (sold out, in hotel terms, means they are at their publicly sold limit, but have a stash of space still available).

If you are a Hilton Honors member like me, you can call the Honors desk and get hooked up.

However, there are other hotels around the area, such as the Hampton Inn and Suites, which is starting at $189 per night.

Last edited by Chris Hansen; 01-27-2009 at 11:00 AM.
post #11 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Openly Hostile

You bunch of pansy-ass wine drinkers.

Jason
post #12 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Don't hate....you know you want to be there.

PINKIES UP, *****ES!!!!!

post #13 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Rock God

Garage
$189 per night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
UPDATE: The Embassy Suites is now sold out (online).

If you call the hotel itself and speak to Jason the manager, let him know that you are part of the JK Owners group and they will do their best to get you in (sold out, in hotel terms, means they are at their publicly sold limit, but have a stash of space still available).

If you are a Hilton Honors member like me, you can call the Honors desk and get hooked up.

However, there are other hotels around the area, such as the Hampton Inn and Suites, which is starting at $189 per night.
OUCH! and how much is the other?

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #14 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Rock God

I think I'll control my wifes drinking so she can drive us back. Lol.
post #15 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktuttle View Post
OUCH! and how much is the other?
Base rate for ES is $199.

There are plenty of lower level hotels in the area, too....or you can go upscale at some of the wineries.

post #16 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Rock God

Garage
Wink $199

Quote:
Base rate for ES is $199.

There are plenty of lower level hotels in the area, too....or you can go upscale at some of the wineries.
Wow. You do understand that this would come out of my Jeep Upgrade Budget! What can I get for under $5.00. How about tent camping and a bottle of beer? Maybe set up the tent near some flowers.......

Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #17 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktuttle View Post
Wow. You do understand that this would come out of my Jeep Upgrade Budget! What can I get for under $5.00. How about tent camping and a bottle of beer? Maybe set up the tent near some flowers.......
There is always the Los Pinos County "Outdoor Hotel For Young Men" off the Ortega.

post #18 of 69 Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Rock God

Garage
Thumbs down Outdoor Hotel For Young Men"

Quote:
There is always the Los Pinos County "Outdoor Hotel For Young Men" off the Ortega.
Somehow I'm sure that would end up being over my $5.00 budget!

post #19 of 69 Old 01-28-2009, 05:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
SPOTS NEED TO BE CONFIRMED BY SATURDAY NIGHT

Anyone who is planning on being a part of this needs to confirm their spot no later than Saturday night, for we are filling all other opening's in the party bus.

1) Chris Hansen
2)Puddlz
3)Dayton
4)Riverkid
5)Tycoon

Last edited by PUDDLZ; 01-28-2009 at 06:05 PM.
post #20 of 69 Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Wheeler

We're in.

-Tycoon

post #21 of 69 Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
Anyone who is planning on being a part of this needs to confirm their spot no later than Saturday night, for we are filling all other opening's in the party bus.

1) Chris Hansen
2)Puddlz
3)Dayton
4)Riverkid
5)Tycoon
Good job.

post #22 of 69 Old 01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Rock God

WAIT! Chris Hansen put this together...? Is there a camera welcoming us when we get on the bus and PD welcoming us when we get off???

Dirty Minion #6
post #23 of 69 Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Rock God

Alright, I think we have confirmed babysitting for the evening . . . we're not planning on getting our own room, just partying and maybe crashing with others (or, depending on the drinking amount, we're pretty close; and/or we have numerous friends in the area).

1) Chris Hansen
2) Puddlz
3) Dayton
4) Riverkid
5) Tycoon
6) 4x4loyr

Thanks for the reminder call, Greg.

Ty...

Your Southern California wheelin' Attorney

post #24 of 69 Old 01-30-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
WAIT! Chris Hansen put this together...? Is there a camera welcoming us when we get on the bus and PD welcoming us when we get off???
Greg will be filming when you get on the bus and I will be there to "welcome" you.

"Have a seat. Why are you taking this young girl on a wine tasting expedition? Where are your pants? And what's with the Jello?"

post #25 of 69 Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Rock God

LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode