CMF RUN!!! SledgeHammer 1-31-09 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 Old 01-20-2009, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

CMF RUN!!! SledgeHammer 1-31-09

The Hundy crew and PoonDicker are going to camp out at the Hammers fri/sat/sun 1-30/1-31/2-01-09.

We ARE going to run SledgeHammer on Saturday!!!

We'll camp out for the weekend and do some exploring/ pre-running for the JKO get together in April.

Anyone who wants to check out the area before the JKO run is welcome to come out and camp, or come out for the day. You dont have to run Sledgehammer if you dont want to--- we can use some support along the trail. Spotters, rock stacker/unstackers, parts runners, mechanics for breakdowns, etc.

Also - we will run some of the easier trails too. There is lots do do and see out there. And its a great place to camp. I will bring the 40' Weekend Warrior and may have room for a few people to crash in-- bring the women- we have a bathroom!

Bring the RC crawlers too (I'm gonna bring mine!)

I have been part way up Sledge a couple of times--- but the goal is to run the complete trail on this weekend!

Everybody is welcome to come out, from stock to built. And as usual-

No One Is Left Behind!

There may be some winching/strapping/crunching/breakage/dentage/scrapage involved!

Sounds like FUN to me!!!

Post up if you can make it out! Remember- even if you are scared of Sledgehammer, you should still come out if you can- I promise you its a great place to wheel!!!

Take Boone rd north off of hwy 247 in Johnson Valley- go about 4 miles down to the drylake- we'll camp on the west edge of the drylake. Look for the White Dodge Ram Dually pulling the 40" WW, the JKs, and PoonDickers Evolution pop up tent trailer with the deck in front. Might try to put up my 100dollarman flag!

Attached Images

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

I won't run sledge, but I'm goin.

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:

post #3 of 50 Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
I won't run sledge, but I'm goin.
Hundy= CMF
Boondocker= CMF
Woods= CMF

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #4 of 50 Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Granite Guru

I heard that Sledgehammer has spots more difficult than Gatekeeper. Is this the case? Got any pics from your last trip showing obstacles? Is the link below representative?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1JW5O8ANQ

post #5 of 50 Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Wheeler

I come for the support!
post #6 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXRCON View Post
I heard that Sledgehammer has spots more difficult than Gatekeeper. Is this the case? Got any pics from your last trip showing obstacles? Is the link below representative?

Gatekeeper is on my list I keep going over to look at it Havent attempted (yet!)

I am not gonna lie- this wont be easy. But I am doin it!!!

Here are a couple of pics, but the forum wont let me post em if I already have posted them before- I think I have posted most of them before in the 100dollarman thread or hardcore thread or elsewhere.

I think 37s and lockers are in order. Maybe 35s if you are feeling adventurous!!!
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #7 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I wore that T-shirt for ChromeDome!!! LOL

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #8 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 06:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm going to try. If I do, I'll bring my tools, straps, gloves, and whatever else that might come handy. I'll be there for support only. My DD has seen enough abuse over the last two weeks.
post #9 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXRCON View Post

I don't know, this run looks pretty cool also. Any of you guys run this before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkH8m...eature=related

post #10 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Rock God

LOL. He just needed a quick strappy was all. Haha.
post #11 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Rock God

Will be in San Diego most of the day on Saturday. Don't know what time I will get back home. Put me down for a definite maybe on Sat night, and a very probable for Sun morning.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #12 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Rock God

As of now it looks like I'm in for this run.
Saturday only.

Last edited by CLACKEY(_!_); 01-21-2009 at 10:40 PM.
post #13 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Rock God

got to work sat,what is the plan sunday?

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
post #14 of 50 Old 01-21-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Looks like we have a good group shaping up! We can use all the support--- this is a tough trail for a 4 dr. So I appreciate the support offers!

And anyone who runs it with me is a Badda$$!

Saturday I am really going to concentrate on getting through Sledgehammer. We may have some extra time to play on Sat if everything goes well. Sunday will be a good day of wheelin' too. So if you can only make it on Sat, or only on Sun- come on out!

Should have my new HD Chromo axles installed by morning! I'll give a report on those later-

Here is a just for good measure.

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #15 of 50 Old 01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
AK
Granite Guru

Can't do the whole weekend, but put me down for a day trip for now on Sat. Hopefully the whole family also, maybee Brad in his XJ that is "way better than your JK"

AK
Let's go wheelin!

07 Unlimited Sahara
Black Auto 5.13's
post #16 of 50 Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 PM
JKowners Vendor

Like I said. I'm goin, but not as support. I'm going wheelin. Maybe Claw Hammer?

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:

post #17 of 50 Old 01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Like I said. I'm goin, but not as support. I'm going wheelin. Maybe Claw Hammer?
I may be able to come out on Saturday, I'll know for sure next week. I don't know if I am up for Sledge tho. I really want to give it a try, but I think I am gonna have to wait till I get gears and 37's.

Jason
post #18 of 50 Old 01-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Granite Guru

Im going to try to come out on Sat. I would like to run Bullfrog again. Need more lift and bigger tires for Sledge. It would be fun to watch Hundy try and break his new axles though.........

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.
post #19 of 50 Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Wheeler

I would love to run bullfrog again. I am bringing a client with me so I have to find something.
post #20 of 50 Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Wheeler

"Save Johnson Valley OHV - Specific Plan"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/S...SpecificPlan?e

post #21 of 50 Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycoon View Post
"Save Johnson Valley OHV - Specific Plan"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/S...SpecificPlan?e
Tycoon

You coming out for this run?

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.
post #22 of 50 Old 01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
JKowners Vendor

Anyplace to shoot out there?

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #23 of 50 Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Wheeler

I plan on coming out on Sat...wanna try my rig on something other than its first trip to Trabucco Canyon. NOT Sledgehammer though!
Wouldn't mind providing some support also.

The mods are ALWAYS changing!
post #24 of 50 Old 01-28-2009, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

This is gonna be F U N !!!

East from Lucerne on hwy 247 turn left (north) on Boone rd, go about 3 miles down to the bottom of the valley--- that is Means drylake. We'll be camped on the left of the main road. Look for this truck and trailer- white dodge/ weekend warrior 40'. I think my son is going to drive a Mil camo Chev pu out too.

I have been trying to decide which tire to run-- my 37" TruXus that I dont care about cutting and will turn better and not rub, or my 38" tires that are bigger and heavier-- more clearance, probably better traction, but dont turn in hard places and more prone to break stuff.
Any thoughts???

There may be a few guys from MJR there, too.

Should be a great weekend weather wise- I prob will pull my doors and top. Maybe I can get Michelle to wear a bikini top!

Getting excited- need to get my work caught up so I can get ready to go!!!

I would like to be on the trail by 10am Sat, so come out before that if you can!

Channel 10
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #25 of 50 Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Granite Guru

Bad news I got to bail. Band rehearsal was changed to Sat due to the Super bowl. Put me on the he man girly list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode