Bronco Peak Aug. 1st and 2nd - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor
 
Woods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa, Ca.
Posts: 1,294
Feedback: 9 reviews
Bronco Peak Aug. 1st and 2nd

Camp Friday night
Wheel and Camp Sat.
Head home Sunday (I'm sure some folks can be talked into more wheelin on Sunday)

Who's in? (copy the list, add yourself and post)
- Team Woods

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Woods is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Granite Guru
 
MrBash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Age: 34
Posts: 217
Feedback: 0 reviews

location? How do I get there?

Lifted and Fitted w/ 33's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MrBash is offline  
post #3 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Rock God
 
so_calif_rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: lousiville,KY
Age: 48
Posts: 947
Feedback: 0 reviews

I would love to come! Got to find a camper with a/c and bath room like the size of Mark's little rig.

~Richard & The Goddess~
_______________________________________________
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
so_calif_rubi is offline  
post #4 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Granite Guru
 
MrBash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Age: 34
Posts: 217
Feedback: 0 reviews

OK I found it! Too far but very interesting trail. Definitely on my to-do list.

Lifted and Fitted w/ 33's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MrBash is offline  
post #5 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Rock God
 
dayton1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,623
Feedback: 2 reviews

Brett,

Strange how the universe works. Jessica looked at me last night and said: "let's go camping Aug 1 - 3." So, what's the details on the camping out there? Tents? Potties? Fires? Tequila?


Dirty Minion #6
dayton1999 is offline  
post #6 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Rock God
 
so_calif_rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: lousiville,KY
Age: 48
Posts: 947
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Camp Friday night
Wheel and Camp Sat.
Head home Sunday (I'm sure some folks can be talked into more wheelin on Sunday)

Who's in? (copy the list, add yourself and post)
- Team Woods
Ohhhhhhh it sounds soooo fun! Only if we had a camper.....maybe we'll find someone to trade Richard's old truck for a camper......hummmm

~Richard & The Goddess~
_______________________________________________
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
so_calif_rubi is offline  
post #7 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Rock God
 
RiggerMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Corona, Ca, USA
Posts: 1,238
Feedback: 0 reviews

We're heading up to my sister's in the central valley that weekend. Looks like your gloves are gonna stay here for awhile...

Current Mods:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
RiggerMike is offline  
post #8 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor
 
Woods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa, Ca.
Posts: 1,294
Feedback: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
Brett,

Strange how the universe works. Jessica looked at me last night and said: "let's go camping Aug 1 - 3." So, what's the details on the camping out there? Tents? Potties? Fires? Tequila?

Will have to check on the fires.

Here's a link with details CORRAL CANYON CAMPGROUND

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Woods is offline  
post #9 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor
 
Woods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa, Ca.
Posts: 1,294
Feedback: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_calif_rubi View Post
I would love to come! Got to find a camper with a/c and bath room like the size of Mark's little rig.
That is not camping.

BTW, average high temp this time of year is only 85.

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Woods is offline  
post #10 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
JKO Addict!
 
100dollarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lucerne Valley, Ca.
Posts: 3,985
Feedback: 2 reviews

the HUNDYs are IN!

Attached Images
 

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
100dollarman is offline  
post #11 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
JKO Addict!
 
100dollarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lucerne Valley, Ca.
Posts: 3,985
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
That is not camping.

BTW, average high temp this time of year is only 85.

Is that a "dry" heat? LOL

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
100dollarman is offline  
post #12 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Rock God
 
dayton1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,623
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Will have to check on the fires.

Here's a link with details CORRAL CANYON CAMPGROUND
Yeah, we're in!

Camp here Friday and Saturday nights? Wheel Bronco Sat? Soooooooooooooo, how nasty is Bronco?

Dirty Minion #6
dayton1999 is offline  
post #13 of 101 Old 07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Rock God
 
dayton1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,623
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
the HUNDYs are IN!

Casa De Hundy. Nice. Looks like it holds a lot of Coors Light!

Dirty Minion #6
dayton1999 is offline  
post #14 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Openly Hostile
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 6,984
Feedback: 4 reviews

It is supposed to be gnarly.

Jason
SDMF is offline  
post #15 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Rock God
 
dayton1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,623
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
It is supposed to be gnarly.
Gnarly? As in you would run it or not? Yeah, I watched some of the YouTube videos... uh, damn... if Michele doesn't go, maybe I'll ride with Hundy.

Dirty Minion #6

Last edited by dayton1999; 07-17-2008 at 08:48 AM.
dayton1999 is offline  
post #16 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor
 
Woods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa, Ca.
Posts: 1,294
Feedback: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
Is that a "dry" heat? LOL
Inside the trailer or outside the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
It is supposed to be gnarly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
Gnarly? As in you would run it or not? Yeah, I watched some of the YouTube videos... uh, damn... if Michele doesn't go, maybe I'll ride with Hundy.
Ummm, I think Michelle will be driving.

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Woods is offline  
post #17 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Openly Hostile
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 6,984
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
Gnarly? As in you would run it or not? Yeah, I watched some of the YouTube videos... uh, damn... if Michele doesn't go, maybe I'll ride with Hundy.
I have been wanting to do this trail for a while...but my wife's birthday is the 1st and I plan on spending the weekend with her like a good husband. I was hoping to get this one in before my son is born but thats not gonna happen. SOOOO you guys learn all the good lines and I'll follow you through it next year. Oh, and take plenty of non-poser pics.

Jason
SDMF is offline  
post #18 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Rock God
 
dayton1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,623
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Oh, and take plenty of non-poser pics.
Fcuk that. All you're getting are parking lot shots.

Dirty Minion #6
dayton1999 is offline  
post #19 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Wheeler
 
AdamORW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 92
Feedback: 0 reviews

Hey guys,
I just contacted Richard Tull, the head ranger at Corral canyon. I had to leave him a message but I will get all the current details for camping, fires, ect. As far as the trail goes, its a good one. Body damage is probable, bumper, slider, diff cover, tie rod, gas tank damage WILL happen. I live about a half an hour from buckman springs exit and 45mins from the trail head, so I use bronco peak as a test ground for all my mods. I have run this trail many times, day and night, and it changes every time. Not to scare anybody but Bronco Peak is not for your pretty mall crawler.

My suggested requirements:
A minium of 35 in tires.

A the very least a rear locker. open front and rear will result in all your buddies being very pissed off at you and quite possibly broken axle shafts.
(note) broken axle shafts result in very pissed off wife. The trail is "do-able" with one locker but we will refer you to by passes when avaible.

PROTECTION, rock sliders are Required, you will use them a number of times to pass certin sections that DO NOT have bypasses.
Front and rear steel bumpers, your stock plastic ones will work if your goal is an excuse to get new ones.
Gas Tank Skid Plate, Oil Pan Skid if you dont have them you may need to buy new ones.

Be sure to bring lots of water and to leave the beer at camp. Snacks and lunch is always a good idea.

Sun Screen and bug repelant

All your trail tools...a jack that can lift your Jeep (not your stock one) and a tool that can take your rims off.

and a good attitude

after saying all that. I cant freakin wait!
I will post up what Richard tells me as soon as he returns my call. Any questions feel free to ask.

Adam Dufresne
Director of Marketing
Off Road Warehouse
AdamORW is offline  
post #20 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor
 
Woods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa, Ca.
Posts: 1,294
Feedback: 9 reviews

R U Skeered?


Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Woods is offline  
post #21 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
R U Skeered?

YES!!!!!
-T- is offline  
post #22 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Wheeler
 
AdamORW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 92
Feedback: 0 reviews

Its not so bad



Adam Dufresne
Director of Marketing
Off Road Warehouse
AdamORW is offline  
post #23 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Rock God
 
dayton1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,623
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
R U Skeered?

Uhm, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamORW View Post
Its not so bad
So, Adam... are you bringing parts and a credit card reader?

Dirty Minion #6

Last edited by dayton1999; 07-17-2008 at 03:33 PM.
dayton1999 is offline  
post #24 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Wheeler
 
AdamORW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 92
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
Uhm, yes.



So, Adam... are you bringing parts and a credit card reader?
sure thing, what would you like me to bring? I will bring T-shirts and Koozies for everyone if you let me know what size you need.

Adam Dufresne
Director of Marketing
Off Road Warehouse
AdamORW is offline  
post #25 of 101 Old 07-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Rock God
 
so_calif_rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: lousiville,KY
Age: 48
Posts: 947
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamORW View Post
Hey guys,
I just contacted Richard Tull, the head ranger at Corral canyon. I had to leave him a message but I will get all the current details for camping, fires, ect. As far as the trail goes, its a good one. Body damage is probable, bumper, slider, diff cover, tie rod, gas tank damage WILL happen. I live about a half an hour from buckman springs exit and 45mins from the trail head, so I use bronco peak as a test ground for all my mods. I have run this trail many times, day and night, and it changes every time. Not to scare anybody but Bronco Peak is not for your pretty mall crawler.

My suggested requirements:
A minium of 35 in tires.

A the very least a rear locker. open front and rear will result in all your buddies being very pissed off at you and quite possibly broken axle shafts.
(note) broken axle shafts result in very pissed off wife. The trail is "do-able" with one locker but we will refer you to by passes when avaible.

PROTECTION, rock sliders are Required, you will use them a number of times to pass certin sections that DO NOT have bypasses.
Front and rear steel bumpers, your stock plastic ones will work if your goal is an excuse to get new ones.
Gas Tank Skid Plate, Oil Pan Skid if you dont have them you may need to buy new ones.

Be sure to bring lots of water and to leave the beer at camp. Snacks and lunch is always a good idea.

Sun Screen and bug repelant

All your trail tools...a jack that can lift your Jeep (not your stock one) and a tool that can take your rims off.

and a good attitude

after saying all that. I cant freakin wait!
I will post up what Richard tells me as soon as he returns my call. Any questions feel free to ask.
Come on, is this trail harder then John Bull in Big Bear?

~Richard & The Goddess~
_______________________________________________
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
so_calif_rubi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome