Reno Run Feb 9th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-31-2008, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to 1TallJKer Send a message via Yahoo to 1TallJKer
Reno Run Feb 9th

We're trying to put together a run in Reno through Cold Springs Valley Feb 9th.

Who's interested?

It'll probably be a fairly mild run, stock with decent tires should be fine. But with the snow it could get interesting.

We're planning to meet at Bordertown, run through the valley, up over the hills and drop down onto Red Rock.

O.B.A.M.A. - One Big A__ Mistake America

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
gcg

I would be interested. My work schedule is quite variable right now but if I'm not tied up at that time, it sounds like fun.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-04-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Still planning to go.
Trying to determine when and where and who. Have a couple of people from the OTHER forum who are interested in going.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I'm a definate maybe at the moment. I'm still cleaning up from my fire and rebuilding/restoring data.

Sometimes I really miss the days of DOS.

I would like to go but my plate is overflowing. As usual.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
gcg

I'm a definite maybe, too. I have a friend flying in on Thursday and he isn't sure yet whether he's leaving Friday or Saturday.

What is the trail like and do you know how much snow there may be?
post #6 of 8 Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Due to several people with prior commitments, we've moved the run to Sunday. Probably meet at 9am or 10 am. We'll meet at the Bordertown Gas Station on the East side of 395.

The last time out, the trail wasn't too bad, muddy in spots, and plenty of snow, we actually ended up turning back because we just couldn't get through. This time though, there's probably going to be plenty of mud and probably less snow. National Weather Service is saying possible rain Sat. night and Sun. highs near 50 through the weekend. Should be fun.

There are several guys from Reno4x4.com who say they're interested in going as well.

DOS was fun, like Linux and MacOS X much better though

post #7 of 8 Old 02-07-2008, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

We'll be meeting Sunday the 10th at 10am in the Bordertown parking lot. Some of the people plan on being there around 9am for breakfast.

Hope to see you guys there, it looks to be a large group. If everyone who expressed interest shows up, we're looking at 21+ rigs

PM me if you're going to go so we don't take off without you.

Last edited by 1TallJKer; 02-07-2008 at 07:46 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Just found this hiding spot for posting runs! Can't make it this Sunday, but will keep an eye out for the next one now that I know where to look. Hopefully I'll have tires and lift installed by then! Have fun and post some pics after!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode