Rough starting 07 JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rough starting 07 JK

I tried to post this thread, but it did not work,

anyways, I have an 07 unlimited with 37k. At times when starting it has a rough feeling and sound similiar to the starter grinding or a GRRRRRRRR when starting.

Any suggestions??

(Please no dumb jokes on the sound. )

"Freedom through Strength"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-04-2009, 07:44 AM
JKowners Vendor

Engine light?

I just went through a vacuum leak problem with an 07 where the two thin plastic tubes just in front of the battery had rubbed through, causing it to start and run rough.

Battery issues can do weird things, too, like let it start, but not idle properly.

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #3 of 9 Old 06-04-2009, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

No light, and nothing that indicates that there is an issue other than the hard start. Kind of like the starter is on steroids

post #4 of 9 Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 AM
JKowners Vendor

Oh, the STARTER has a rough feel. Check the bolts and the connection on the starter. We lost one starter to sand at the Rio Verde. Have you been a bad boy playing in the river or on the beach?

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #5 of 9 Old 06-04-2009, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Of course, that is why I own a jeep, and I live in a Damn Desert (AZ). I'll check that one out tonight, Thanks.

post #6 of 9 Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Granite Guru

Does it only happen when you start the Jeep with the AC on? I have had a similar situation, and I believe it is the AC compressor, not the starter.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-05-2009, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I truned off the AC when starting and can't be for sure just yet as it does not happen all the time. I'll keep ya posted.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Rock God

My ac makes noise too when turning on sometimes. I try so turn it off when i start the Jeep and then once im movin turn it back on, makes it not as rough

Last edited by axsys; 05-08-2011 at 11:49 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I"m made an effort to not start it with the ac on and it seems to be just fine. I'll see how it goes this week.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode