NC Uwharrie trip plan, sign up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 Old 02-27-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
NC Uwharrie trip plan, sign up

OK guys lets make plans I am impatiently waiting for it to open. I think I will stay away opening weekend which is the 2/3/4th of april.

So the plan is April 10/11th lets get it going, I cant wait to play dammit.

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
Add yourself to the list

oh and anyone want to come out to see me run the Mudbog series at Uwharrie stables across the street? I gotta look up and see when the first one is happening.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 02-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
OK guys lets make plans I am impatiently waiting for it to open. I think I will stay away opening weekend which is the 2/3/4th of april.

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)Johnmcd (john) - I'll be a little late
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
Add yourself to the list

oh and anyone want to come out to see me run the Mudbog series at Uwharrie stables across the street? I gotta look up and see when the first one is happening.
Its been a long off season from Uwharrie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #3 of 59 Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Wheeler

Quote:

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)Johnmcd (john) - I'll be a little late
3)joshua180422 (josh) maybe i might be playing army
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
Add yourself to the list

i hope to make it but you can never tell with uncle sam i will keep my fingers crossed
post #4 of 59 Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

Looks like I'm running opposite of you guys... Tim, I will be there the 2-4th, then in NJ the following weekend.

If you want to join us for a pre-jko run, your more then welcome.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #5 of 59 Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Not sure, thats the weekend of my roommates birthday, so if I do make it chances are ill be severely hung over

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #6 of 59 Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)
3)
4)Brad
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
Add yourself to the list

Unless I am on call.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #7 of 59 Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
Not sure, thats the weekend of my roommates birthday, so if I do make it chances are ill be severely hung over
Sonic,
will you be driving by then or riding shot gun?

Quote:
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
post #8 of 59 Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Wheeler

GOing to Orlando the weekend of the 10th. Maybe the following weekend I could make it. we'll see
post #9 of 59 Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Tim - Keep in mind that since Tellico is closed, Uwharrie has become twice as crowded.. I plan on going in May.. Not sure of the weekend.. Will find out more when Matt gets back to me..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #10 of 59 Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Granite Guru

Our club is planning to go to Uwharrie on the 11th. Saturdays in April are a zoo out there, so we're going to wait until Sunday.

We did trail maintenance with the Forest Service 2 weeks ago and the big canyon at the top of Dutch John is completely full of deep silt. There is no solid bottom to get traction there anymore. The snow melt must have really raised the creeks too. Two of the water crossings were completely busted up with cables broken and several logs smashed to pieces. Several of the logs actually flipped end-over-end in the current when the upstream cable snapped! We brought in 11 new logs and about replaced about half of the cable on the crossings. Several other clubs are also doing work weekends around this time.

I can't wait for the season to start! Seeya out there

Bryan.

2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited Rescue Green 6 Speed
Mods Shrockworks Rails & Bumpers, Currie Lift, Tom Woods 1310/1350, 36-13.50 Bias Iroks on HMMWV 12 Bolts (play tires), 35" Toyo M/Ts on ProComp 7028s
In Progress
To Do Co4Lo suggested Grade Eleventy bolts for my new bumper flag mounting bracket
post #11 of 59 Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3073b View Post
Our club is planning to go to Uwharrie on the 11th. Saturdays in April are a zoo out there, so we're going to wait until Sunday.

We did trail maintenance with the Forest Service 2 weeks ago and the big canyon at the top of Dutch John is completely full of deep silt. There is no solid bottom to get traction there anymore. The snow melt must have really raised the creeks too. Two of the water crossings were completely busted up with cables broken and several logs smashed to pieces. Several of the logs actually flipped end-over-end in the current when the upstream cable snapped! We brought in 11 new logs and about replaced about half of the cable on the crossings. Several other clubs are also doing work weekends around this time.

I can't wait for the season to start! Seeya out there

Bryan.
I wanted to do that and help... But I have been swamped at work and even working most weekends But the OT is going to be SWEET!!!

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #12 of 59 Old 03-14-2010, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

hey guys chech this out, found it on nc4x4. There is another store/gas station just under 3miles south of Eldorado outpost. They are opening a new Restaurant in it. The Boondocks Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. There will be just about anything you can think of, the way they are talking. Anything from hamburgers, steaks, ribs, bbq, chicken, pizza, seafood, etc. They will also be able to serve draft/bottled beer & wine.

It's the only place from thomasville to troy that has beer/wine.
http://www.uwharriemtmarket.com/

Anyone want to help me replace my ball joints next weekend?

Quote:

post #13 of 59 Old 03-14-2010, 02:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
hey guys chech this out, found it on nc4x4. There is another store/gas station just under 3miles south of Eldorado outpost. They are opening a new Restaurant in it. The Boondocks Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. There will be just about anything you can think of, the way they are talking. Anything from hamburgers, steaks, ribs, bbq, chicken, pizza, seafood, etc. They will also be able to serve draft/bottled beer & wine.

It's the only place from thomasville to troy that has beer/wine.
http://www.uwharriemtmarket.com/

Anyone want to help me replace my ball joints next weekend?
COOL!!!

I do like Eldorodo's chili dogs though..

I wish I could help ya.. I would rather help do ball joints then do what I am going to do this coming weekend.. I have to rewire a building.. UGH!!! I running wire..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #14 of 59 Old 03-14-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmar2000 View Post
I wish I could help ya.. I would rather help do ball joints then do what I am going to do this coming weekend.. I have to rewire a building.. UGH!!! I running wire..
I'll rewire the building you do the ball joints

Quote:

post #15 of 59 Old 03-14-2010, 02:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I'll rewire the building you do the ball joints
I wish.. But I don't think my boss would like that.

I am interested in that new place.. If they have a full diner.. That would ROCK.. A place to meet after wheeling and get some grub and suds..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #16 of 59 Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

Tim,
if you're up for a trip to Raleigh, i'll be in the shop all weekend trying to finish one of my YJ's. Ball Joints cant take too long.

Quote:
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
post #17 of 59 Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

bump

Quote:

post #18 of 59 Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I wish I could go..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #19 of 59 Old 03-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Wheeler

Just picked up an AX5 tranny for a friends YJ, so we could get there after finals. Unfortunately that's not until the end of April, so I'll have to catch you guys next time. I'm still stock anyway, but the closet is filling quick with large metal pieces.

Rock Krawler 3.5" Mid Arm Flex
Poly Performance JK Synergy Shocks
Black Rock 17x8 w/ Goodyear MTR w/Kevlars
Poly Performance SS
post #20 of 59 Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCJK View Post
Just picked up an AX5 tranny for a friends YJ, so we could get there after finals. Unfortunately that's not until the end of April, so I'll have to catch you guys next time. I'm still stock anyway, but the closet is filling quick with large metal pieces.
You can handle at least 95% of the trails in stock rubicon What is your friend going to be running in his yj?

there is a BIG meet set up for Uwharrie the last weekend of april/begin of may.
Southeast Custom 4x4 Uwharrie Spring Run only a few from here so far but about 30 from nc4x4 are going. Should be a great time.

Quote:

post #21 of 59 Old 03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
You can handle at least 95% of the trails in stock rubicon What is your friend going to be running in his yj?

there is a BIG meet set up for Uwharrie the last weekend of april/begin of may.
Southeast Custom 4x4 Uwharrie Spring Run only a few from here so far but about 30 from nc4x4 are going. Should be a great time.
I still had a blast, but gave my wife a hernia and an aneurysm at the same time. We stayed on the moderate trails, but there were several belly scrapes that didn't do damage, just sounded bad. She's still a jeep girl though and we had fun in my buddy's YJ and his brother's XJ.
The YJ is a 95 with 35s, tmax 9000 winch, and roughly 7 inches of total lift.
The XJ is tractor painted yellow of all colors with 35s and 4 in of lift. Homemade stinger and a plethora of dents. I hope we can run into some of those guys from NC4x4. I've been following their forum for a while.

Rock Krawler 3.5" Mid Arm Flex
Poly Performance JK Synergy Shocks
Black Rock 17x8 w/ Goodyear MTR w/Kevlars
Poly Performance SS
post #22 of 59 Old 04-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Wheeler

i am not gonna be able to make it got to work. i thought i would be able to. hopefully u guys will do another one soon.
post #23 of 59 Old 04-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Rock God

I am out too. I am on call this weekend unfortunately.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #24 of 59 Old 04-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm out as well. I'm going to myrtle beach to pick up a new jeep project. I bought a J10 complete and runs ok for $300. Not sure if I want to run as a truck or strip out and tranmsplant into a tube frame and yj body.
post #25 of 59 Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
Add yourself to the list

Hey man, do you still want to go tomorrow? It would be a last minute trip and about a 4 hour drive for me but I can probably meet you up there if you want to hit some trails. I am at the Firehouse until 8am tomorrow morning so I couldn't get on the road till about 9am, get to URE about 1 - 2pm, wheel Sat afternoon, camp Saturday night and wheel Sunday morning then come back Sun afternoon.
Let me know.

Semper Fi
9th Annual Low Country Mud Rats Jeep Show / Poker Run / Pub Crawl
Sept 17-19 Savannah, Ga
Click link below for info and registration!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode