open invite at the flats - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 01-24-2010, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

open invite at the Flats in Marion North Carolina

Open invite at the Flats in Marion NC. Its right off exit 85 on interstate 40. May 28th through the 30th. $10 per vehicle and driver plus $5 for each rider. That is per day.This is put on by a relatively new club called Rock Corps 4x4. Our fall invite was a huge success. We had over a hundred rigs show up and maybe another hundred spectators throughout the day. This time it will be a 2 day event with camping available. I did not see 1 single jko member there last time other than myself. I hope we can get together and have at least a few jk's show up. TKOB, I am sorry but there is not a ton of mud here, it is most definitely rock crawling and dirt hill climbs. We are working to expand the trail system even more. The trails range from "easy" to "not in this life time". We have one trail called " NO WAY" and we are thinking about dynamite so we can change the name to something else. No one even attempted it last year. Hell, only one person even made it that far. Food will be available on site. The main thread for this is at nc4x4.comupcoming events. Check out past events to see last years event.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.

Last edited by levellinebrad; 01-25-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-24-2010, 08:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
We have one trail called " NO WAY" and we are thinking about dynamite so we can change the name to something else. No one even attempted it last year. Hell, only one person even made it that far. .
I say we get Josh up there with his stretched beast to try NO WAY trail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #3 of 31 Old 01-24-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I hope Josh reads this cause I will tell him right now, he will not make it up no way. There is some kind of bounty on that trail. Cant remember how much but nobody will collect it. not with the trail as is. There are several other trails he will not make it up either. Stumpy and rock ledge are almost impassable unless you are built and have balls the size of coconuts. So bring it on boys. Thats a bad rig by the way, just not bad enough for that trail.

post #4 of 31 Old 01-25-2010, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Oh yeah, dont let the name fool you either. The parking lot is flat and thats about it. It was named for the parking lot,

post #5 of 31 Old 01-26-2010, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

i cant believe trash talk drew no comment on this forum.

post #6 of 31 Old 01-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
i cant believe trash talk drew no comment on this forum.
It would catch fire on Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #7 of 31 Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

John, you should come, bring Tim with ya and Hector too

post #8 of 31 Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Im down if im off that weekend....

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #9 of 31 Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Rock God

challenge accepted, looks like fun, I should be there...you can't get more "built" and the balls don't get larger I'll attempt anything

Like us on

Last edited by blownJK; 01-29-2010 at 10:27 PM.
post #10 of 31 Old 01-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

how far is this place from NOVA?

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

post #11 of 31 Old 01-30-2010, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I assume NOVA stands for north VA. I would say about 6 hrs

post #12 of 31 Old 01-30-2010, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownJK View Post
challenge accepted, looks like fun, I should be there...you can't get more "built" and the balls don't get larger I'll attempt anything
Bring an ice pack for the sack swelling. Make sure you bring it on a tow rig too. we will get it back on the trailer for ya. No charge for pulling you outta the woods either.

post #13 of 31 Old 01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Bring an ice pack for the sack swelling. Make sure you bring it on a tow rig too. we will get it back on the trailer for ya. No charge for pulling you outta the woods either.
your just about full of yourself arent ya

Like us on

post #14 of 31 Old 01-31-2010, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Naw, just hoping to get some people to show up. Last year there was not one single jk at the event other than my own and I was working. Hoping this year a few will show up. There really are some impossible trails but there should be plenty that are doable as well.

post #15 of 31 Old 01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Naw, just hoping to get some people to show up. Last year there was not one single jk at the event other than my own and I was working. Hoping this year a few will show up. There really are some impossible trails but there should be plenty that are doable as well.
i hear ya bud, I saw BDB has been out there, looked like they were having a time on a few trails...I'll definitely see who I can rally up to get out there

Like us on

post #16 of 31 Old 01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Im 90% at this point. Not *Quite* as hardcore as Josh here, but ill try my best

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
post #17 of 31 Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
Im 90% at this point. Not *Quite* as hardcore as Josh here, but ill try my best
Theres plenty of trails even for stockers or slightly modified. I only have 3.5 inches and run 35's and can spend hours up there having a blast so definitely come on up.

post #18 of 31 Old 01-31-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownJK View Post
i hear ya bud, I saw BDB has been out there, looked like they were having a time on a few trails...I'll definitely see who I can rally up to get out there
Bring em brudda, Yeah BDB came up and put on a hellofa show in the woods. we're hopeing to have a few new trails open for the spring and hopefully allow more access for spectators

post #19 of 31 Old 01-31-2010, 05:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Theres plenty of trails even for stockers or slightly modified. I only have 3.5 inches and run 35's and can spend hours up there having a blast so definitely come on up.
Ait nice, im rocking 34's and 4" so ill be good to go. Plus who knows by then

-Doc Holiday
post #20 of 31 Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

bumpin back to the top. I hope some of you JKers will be showing up. I know it is a ways off but still, I would like to generate as much interest as possible. Food will also be available. We have the local ruritan club doing the cooking this year.

post #21 of 31 Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

Brad,
is this a camping friendly event? I recall the last one food vendors onsite? Was that typical or because of the parade?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #22 of 31 Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

yes it is camper friendly. The last one we had the hotdog guy from uwharrie. This one will have different vendors sponsored by the local ruritan club. The hot dog guy was great but this time we are trying to get a little more community involvement as well

post #23 of 31 Old 02-09-2012, 06:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Will an invite event happen to the Flats again? I have not heard of anything since this event.
post #24 of 31 Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTrail741 View Post
Will an invite event happen to the Flats again? I have not heard of anything since this event.
Yes. Check nc4x4 for details.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #25 of 31 Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Yes. Check nc4x4 for details.
I couldn't find anything but races at the private land. Maybe I am missing something? Is there another open invite to The Flats coming up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode