N. GA Forestry Road Ride SUNDAY DEC 27TH - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 12-24-2009, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

N. GA Forestry Road Ride SUNDAY DEC 27TH

We have 5 meeting up near Clayton GA to ride some cool forestry roads with awesome creek crossings. Stock jeeps can do it all, as seen in the photos.

Great way to spend a day with the family in the mountains.

Post up if you'd like to join us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-24-2009, 09:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I might be in. Where and what time are you meeting?

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Goodyear MTR Kevlar 35's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland, HEMI

- SOLD
post #3 of 19 Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
I might be in. Where and what time are you meeting?
9AM west of Clayton. Let me know if you're coming.

post #4 of 19 Old 12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll try to make it.
post #5 of 19 Old 12-25-2009, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
9AM west of Clayton. Let me know if you're coming.
Planning on being there. Don't expect anything to come up.

Thanks for the invite.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Goodyear MTR Kevlar 35's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

- SOLD
post #6 of 19 Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Wheeler

That river will be a little deeper now, Woohooo!!!

Jim
post #7 of 19 Old 12-25-2009, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimT View Post
That river will be a little deeper now, Woohooo!!!
Jim
I bet it will! Should be beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Planning on being there. Don't expect anything to come up. Thanks for the invite.
Great. We are meeting at the parking lot on Hwy 76 just west of Lake Burton at 9AM. Here's a map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4,2.430725&z=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
I'll try to make it.
Awesome Mike!

post #8 of 19 Old 12-26-2009, 02:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looking forward to it. Leaving Roswell at 6AM. Should be in the area by 8:30.

This is my first time wheeling the JK.

, Granite,

- SOLD
post #9 of 19 Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

TTT

Anyone else care to join us, just show up. We have 10+. See you there.

post #10 of 19 Old 12-27-2009, 02:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great time everyone!!!!

, Granite,

- SOLD
post #11 of 19 Old 12-27-2009, 02:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

, Granite,

- SOLD
post #12 of 19 Old 12-27-2009, 02:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

, Granite,

- SOLD
post #13 of 19 Old 12-27-2009, 02:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

, Granite,

- SOLD
post #14 of 19 Old 12-27-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Great ride today! We had 17 vehicles and a lot of fun. Great photos. Thanks for posting them.

post #15 of 19 Old 12-27-2009, 05:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It was cool meeting you Mike. Thanks for posting your pics. As I already stated over at GATR, my stupid butt forgot the camera.
post #16 of 19 Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Long day, but well worth it. Glad to meet some new guys.

Headed to River Rock New Years Day. www.riverrockorv.com

Last edited by Slippery; 12-27-2009 at 05:58 PM.
post #17 of 19 Old 12-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Wheeler

where did yall go? I live in Florida but have a cabin in Hiawassee. This looks like the tate branch and that area. Especially the hill. Did everyone make it up the hill? I havnt tried it yet. Where else did yall ride? I normally try to go to the place in Blairsville (cant think of the name of it) but its tough when its wet and sometimes impossible. I love to ride when were up that way. Would love to touch base with someone that lives there and go wheeling.
post #18 of 19 Old 12-28-2009, 04:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson Tide View Post
where did yall go? I live in Florida but have a cabin in Hiawassee. This looks like the tate branch and that area. Especially the hill. Did everyone make it up the hill? I havnt tried it yet. Where else did yall ride? I normally try to go to the place in Blairsville (cant think of the name of it) but its tough when its wet and sometimes impossible. I love to ride when were up that way. Would love to touch base with someone that lives there and go wheeling.
I think that might be what it's called, but I was just following today. We started off right outside Clayton and wheeled towards Hiawassee. You should join us when you can. Here's a link the the thread for the ride on GA Trail Riders.

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForu...?topic=5006.60

Pictures start on page 5 and there are some videos also. Go ahead and join the site and it will be easier to follow where the next ride is. We don't have any dues or mandatory meetings. Just good clean fun.

Beasley Knob is the place you are thinking of in Blairsville, and yes it does suck in the rain.
post #19 of 19 Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson Tide View Post
Yep. Tate, Persimmon, Tallulah. Same area.

Beasley Knob is the other area you're thinking of. Can be fun when it's dry. 93B is our fav.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode