Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Things To Do? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-05-2009, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Things To Do?

My family and I are renting a cabin for Christmas in Smokey Mountain Ridge- Wears Valley. We will be there Christmas Eve through the weekend... my girlfriend has never seen snow and that is a high priority to find...

I was just reading about Newfound Gap in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Any other ideas?

Would it be worth it to haul my rig up there or any wheeling??

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-05-2009, 03:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Meh, I understand Tellico's closed, and that's a little bit of a haul from Seveir County. Lots, and I mean LOTS of logging trails in that area, plus the TVA lakes are down, which is fun for mudding. I spent my latter teenage years working at Dollywood, and if I remember right, Seymour had a fun spot or two. Sorry that I can't be more specific, but your rig in the SMNP will be fun. Get with a ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #3 of 11 Old 12-07-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Meh, I understand Tellico's closed, and that's a little bit of a haul from Seveir County. Lots, and I mean LOTS of logging trails in that area, plus the TVA lakes are down, which is fun for mudding. I spent my latter teenage years working at Dollywood, and if I remember right, Seymour had a fun spot or two. Sorry that I can't be more specific, but your rig in the SMNP will be fun. Get with a ranger.

Thanks for the info...

Anyone else local to there??

It would be quite a hassle to bring my rig with me, but if its worth it I will. Not looking for hardcore wheeling but scenic trails instead.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #4 of 11 Old 12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Rock God

windrock, then Dollywood. represent the 305 baby!

post #5 of 11 Old 12-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to redneckjk

windrock (coal creek) 72,000 acres. not been yet ,but have heard good things.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Rock God

I wish I wasnt on call starting today and through next week, I would roll over that way and show you a few places. I dont think you are having any problems finding snow. good luck

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Granite Guru

floyd paterson or petersons muscle car museum has a shit load of super nice 70s muscle its worth it christmas is the worst time to go the whole place is packed. there is a ripleys aquarium but its a rip off imo. theres a big smoky mountain knife works store and a reptile museum that is across the four lane from the walmart that does a show every hour but pretty much everything else is overpriced or closed for winter. oh yeah there is a nascar speedpark where you can ride go karts for 50 dollars all day but id say it closes for winter too. if your leaving anytime soon be careful we are in the middle of a bad ice storm. up to an inch on the roads.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 12:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Thats where Im from. Check it out

East Tennessee and a good chance to see snow

The Great Smokey Mountains National Park http://www.nps.gov/grsm/index.htm
This is a great place to be in the mountains especially if you are taking your kids. If I were going here and you are driving I would take I-95 all the way up the coast until you reach I-26 in Georgia. Follow that to Ashville, NC. From Ashville North Carolina go to Maggie Valley NC http://www.maggievalley.org/ Take the road straight through town and you will end up in Cherokee, NC. This is home of the Cherokee Indians and a great place to learn about the Indian culture. From Cherokee, NC http://www.cherokeesmokies.com/ follow the road through town and go up into the Smokey Mountains National Park. (Both Maggie Valley and Cherokee are 1 day trips. Meaning you can see or do both of them in 1 day unless you are really interested).

Once you have reach the top of the mountain you are about 30 minutes from Gatlinburg, TN and a must see! I would almost even skip the above just to go to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, TN. http://www.eventsgatlinburg.com/ and http://www.gatlinburg.com/things-to-do/ You will not regret going here. I love this place. This is where I grew up as a kid and where I got married. Its beautiful. You can ride a tram to the top of the mountain and snow ski, ice skate or shop at the mall. They make fake snow so your kids will love it. You have to include Pigeon Forge as well. http://www.mypigeonforge.com/ Pigeon Forge is at the bottom of the mountain from Gatlinburg. It is 15 minutes drive at most. It is a HUGE shopping and kids town. http://www.mypigeonforge.com/what_to_do.aspx There are go cart tracks, tons of shopping, rides, Dollywood http://www.dollywood.com/ (kind of like Disney or Universal only country). You better plan on several days at these two places. You wont want to leave.

To reach Ashville, NC it takes me about 6.5 hrs and to Gatlinburg about 7.5-8 depending on how much we stop and how fast we drive. You can also not drive up the mountain to get there quicker.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Granite Guru

I need to check the regional posts more often. I wish I would have seen it in time for your visit. There are a lot of good places to wheel around here if you ever come back up let me know. There is a local Wrangler club and we would love to have you ride with us. Hope you liked the mountains!!
post #10 of 11 Old 02-21-2010, 05:20 PM
JKO Addict!

crap, just started a thread for some help on this...should of done a search first
post #11 of 11 Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Wheeler

this will save you from going to the aquarium at GSM...
this has my videos from there and a hike.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tylerparris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode