North Georgia Talk - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 113 Old 09-25-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
North Georgia Talk

Hey, do we have enough North Georgia members to talk yet?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Rock God

You should.
There is only a handful of us on the "Coastal" thread.

Feel free to chime in anytime.
post #3 of 113 Old 09-25-2009, 03:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Hey, do we have enough North Georgia members to talk yet?
NOPE!
post #4 of 113 Old 09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

A guy from Georgia passed away and left his entire estate to his beloved widow, but she can't touch it 'til she's 14.
post #5 of 113 Old 09-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
A guy from Georgia passed away and left his entire estate to his beloved widow, but she can't touch it 'til she's 14.
Wow

BTW,nice avatar.

'08 Rubicon UL Red Rock(SOLD)
'83 CJ-7
post #6 of 113 Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Rock God

Garage

Wow. And here I was thinking that when I move to GA I'll never hear from all the FL jeepers. nice to see Karn is universal.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
post #7 of 113 Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to NorthGAX Send a message via Yahoo to NorthGAX

There are several North GA people on the board. There are several other boards for that Georgia people frequent which is why there is not a whole lot of chatter.

Love you brother and you will always be my hero!

post #8 of 113 Old 11-11-2009, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAX View Post
There are several North GA people on the board. There are several other boards for that Georgia people frequent which is why there is not a whole lot of chatter.
I try but I guess I'm a one or two board guy. It takes up too much of my time as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin View Post
Wow. And here I was thinking that when I move to GA I'll never hear from all the FL jeepers. nice to see Karn is universal.
Ha you made it. I was gonna ask if you ever moved. Where did you decide on?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #9 of 113 Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Wheeler

Canton/Hickory Flat area checking in.
post #10 of 113 Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You guys forgot to invite me to the party.
post #11 of 113 Old 01-07-2010, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
You guys forgot to invite me to the party.
There was a party?

Quote:
post #12 of 113 Old 01-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Rock God

There are tons of JK's in North GA, but North GA makes me think of "Up in the Mountains".

Most of us are in the Metro Atlanta area, so maybe an "Atlanta and North GA" title will draw'm in.

Maybe GA NON COASTAL.

So why are JK folks so segregated from other Jeepers, as YJ and TJ folks have always just been JEEP PEOPLE?

post #13 of 113 Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
There are tons of JK's in North GA, but North GA makes me think of "Up in the Mountains".

Most of us are in the Metro Atlanta area, so maybe an "Atlanta and North GA" title will draw'm in.

Maybe GA NON COASTAL.

So why are JK folks so segregated from other Jeepers, as YJ and TJ folks have always just been JEEP PEOPLE?
Yeah Atlanta is definitely in North Ga I don't really think it's the title, we just need more chatty members up here. Look at the Southeast traffic.

Are we segregated? I hadn't noticed, guess it's because we're the new kid on the block. Do you mean in the world or on PBB's website? If you mean the latter, it's because JKO was acquired by Lance after it was already started. And it's a nice semi-flame-free place for us n00bs to get broken in

Quote:
post #14 of 113 Old 01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Yeah Atlanta is definitely in North Ga I don't really think it's the title, we just need more chatty members up here. Look at the Southeast traffic.

Are we segregated? I hadn't noticed, guess it's because we're the new kid on the block. Do you mean in the world or on PBB's website? If you mean the latter, it's because JKO was acquired by Lance after it was already started. And it's a nice semi-flame-free place for us n00bs to get broken in
I def think N GA will keep the ATL folks away, cause ATL folks and the metro area don't consider themselves to be in N GA, and you need to hook them if you want a ATL and North GA forum.

There are a TON of off road and Jeep sites around like GA Trail Riders, and Southern Jeeps, etc. Even Jeep Forum. Just an observation, and not a finite one at that.

Anyway, I hope you can get a "N GA" buzz going here.

post #15 of 113 Old 01-07-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
I def think N GA will keep the ATL folks away, cause ATL folks and the metro area don't consider themselves to be in N GA, and you need to hook them if you want a ATL and North GA forum.

There are a TON of off road and Jeep sites around like GA Trail Riders, and Southern Jeeps, etc. Even Jeep Forum. Just an observation, and not a finite one at that.

Anyway, I hope you can get a "N GA" buzz going here.
I just wanted somebody to talk to and now I got a couple. Not trying to change the world or start a new sub forum, lol.

Quote:
post #16 of 113 Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to AnkurGT Send a message via Yahoo to AnkurGT

I'm in Marietta which is def. N GA. I want to talk to more of my brethren here!! Let's get a group wheelin' trip going!

The Ramblin' Rubinator:
2009 Stone White Rubicon Unlimited
Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ MileMarker 9500SEC Winch - Rancho Rear Bumper/Carrier - Rancho 4" Sport Lift - 37x12.50x17 BFG KM2s on 17" M/T Sidebiters - AirRaid Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body Spacer - Rugged Ridge Side Armor and Euroguards - IPF XSD900 Lights - Rancho Crawler Cat-back Exhaust - Poly Performance Gussets and Sleeves - ARB Competition Diff Covers

post #17 of 113 Old 01-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Granite Guru

Just moved back to Ga. I'm originally from Athens(GO Dawgs). Been chasing a dollar from Ft. Worth to St. Louis for the past 4 years. Now I'm back home in Dixie with a JK. I joined this forum a few days ago. Put a ride together and I'm game.
post #18 of 113 Old 01-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Rock God

We need a massive meet and greet on a Saturday for lunch, and fill a parking lot with JK's.

I like Wild Wings off 85 in Gwinnett as they have great food. great location, and a huge parking lot that adjoins a Wal-Mart.

post #19 of 113 Old 01-22-2010, 05:55 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Yummm, wings. I would be up for a lunch meet and greet.

I always enjoy looking at the other rigs, it gives me hope and thoughts on how to upgrade (improve) my Jeep. I also like to live vicariously through Slippery since his rig is so nice.

post #20 of 113 Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAX View Post
Yummm, wings. I would be up for a lunch meet and greet.

I always enjoy looking at the other rigs, it gives me hope and thoughts on how to upgrade (improve) my Jeep. I also like to live vicariously through Slippery since his rig is so nice.
Hmmm, this is only about 15mi from my MIL's house in Lawrenceville. Could be doable.

Quote:
post #21 of 113 Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hello North Georgia
(otp, above the ATL)

Quote:
post #22 of 113 Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hey, I'm here.

I'm up for a big meet on Saturday. It will get me out of cleaning the basement

N. GA is where we wheel even if we live in metro ghetto.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Goodyear MTR Kevlar 35's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Stock 4.10 gears
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland, HEMI

- SOLD
post #23 of 113 Old 07-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

i'm in. too much work, not enough play. time for some R&R.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
post #24 of 113 Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Hey, I'm here.

I'm up for a big meet on Saturday. It will get me out of cleaning the basement

N. GA is where we wheel even if we live in metro ghetto.
Did I miss something? This Saturday or did a old post get drug up? I am game for a meet and greet sometime. I'm in Covington (east of Atlanta)
Who is going to Savannah in Sept?

2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4D Silver, 4" Superlift
35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, Summit Racing 15" wheels
Smittybilt XRC front bumper with XRC8 Syn

96 XJ, 8"lift, 36" Swampers, 8.8 detroit rear, lots of other mods
post #25 of 113 Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

You did not miss anything...that was a post from January.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode