Gulches Nov 6 - 8th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 09-10-2009, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Gulches Nov 6 - 8th

I'm planning a run to Gulches Nov. 6th - 8th

Who up for it? Benmar2000 and I were bouncing it around, I would love to get a few more going.

Need to get this in before I'm grounded... wife is due Jan. 25th with our first child, so we go into a no travel mode from mid November on.

Joe -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Last edited by enigmaverse; 09-22-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
I'm planning a run to Gulches Nov. 6th - 8th or the 7th - 9th.

Who up for it? Benmar2000 and I were bouncing it around, I would love to get a few more going.

Need to get this in before I'm grounded... wife is due Jan. 25th with our first child, so we go into a no travel mode from mid November on.
DUDE!!! I am so there!!!!

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #3 of 45 Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 AM
JKO Addict!

I may be ina depends. Well see when its closer. Id love to do gulches

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #4 of 45 Old 09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

I think it is Zwarrie weekend at URE, likely a goodweekend to be in South Carolina.
post #5 of 45 Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcd View Post
I think it is Zwarrie weekend at URE, likely a goodweekend to be in South Carolina.
What is that?

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
post #6 of 45 Old 09-11-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

That is zuwharrie... thats one reason I picked it Uwharrie is going to be a mess that weekend. there is ZuWharrie, plus another big event going on there that weekend... looking like 200+ vehicles.

zuwharrie is the gather of all the zuks (suzuki's and geos) in uwharrie, they do it a couple times a year.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #7 of 45 Old 09-12-2009, 04:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
That is zuwharrie... thats one reason I picked it Uwharrie is going to be a mess that weekend. there is ZuWharrie, plus another big event going on there that weekend... looking like 200+ vehicles.

zuwharrie is the gather of all the zuks (suzuki's and geos) in uwharrie, they do it a couple times a year.
Forget that.. I was at Uwharrie this past spring with it must have been Land Rover invasion or something.. It was really crowded.. I can't imagine it full of Zuks... Yeah.. Gulches for me.. It should be quiet and enjoyable day of wheeling..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #8 of 45 Old 09-12-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Day?.... weekend

Joe -
-
-
-
post #9 of 45 Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I am not sure yet.. I might drive up on Saturday and camp out saturday night then drive home sunday..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #10 of 45 Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

So we have a group now... My local club has, as of today, 3 -5 rigs coming. I expect we'll probably have a few more by the time November rolls around.

Official dates are Nov. 6th - Nov. 8th. I plan on either leaving out late Thursday, or early Friday (havent decided yet). We are also looking into both Hotel and camping info.

Starting a list now... I would love to see a bunch of JK's out there (so would Skip)

1. enigmaverse
2. benmar2000
3. OHV_KJ (lowrange4x4.com)

Joe -
-
-
-
post #11 of 45 Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

Is there any chance that Gulches is on the way to Charleston SC from Raleigh NC? I have to be in Charleston from Thursday through Saturday PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #12 of 45 Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

That depends on how you drive... its in Laurens, SC. You'd have to drive south west of Charlotte, NC

Joe -
-
-
-
post #13 of 45 Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It is about 3hrs west of Charleston.. I drive up in the morning.. Do a bunch of trails that day.. Have some fun and then drive home that evening..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #14 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 04:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bump for good measure..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #15 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

is there mud at gulches or all rock? I MIGHT be able to make it, will depend on how the job thing pans out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #16 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
is there mud at gulches or all rock? I MIGHT be able to make it, will depend on how the job thing pans out
Depends on if it rains or not.. They have some mud pits there that are pretty deep.. And it is that sticky red clay goop.. The kind that once you are in.. You are STUCK!!!!!

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #17 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

there is mud... but YOU'RE not allowed in it.

1st time there, Skip (the owner) told me that he had one rule for my vehicle:

STAY OUT OF MY MUD

He said there are no holes that my vehicle has a chance of making it through... some of the holes may look small, but can go as far as 30' deep.

Its tight gulches, rock climbs and off camber points, I had a blast there, hopefully he's got some of the new stuff he was talking about doing open by then.

If you want mud, we got plenty of that down here... check out carolinabackwoods.com

Joe -
-
-
-
post #18 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

STAY OUT OF MY MUD

He said there are no holes that my vehicle has a chance of making it through... some of the holes may look small, but can go as far as 30' deep.

Its tight gulches, rock climbs and off camber points, I had a blast there, hopefully he's got some of the new stuff he was talking about doing open by then.

If you want mud, we got plenty of that down here... check out carolinabackwoods.com
That is true.. That is what he said to me last time also..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #19 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

did u really mean 30 feet? or 30 inches?

Quote:

post #20 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

STAY OUT OF MY MUD

LOL that sounds like Tkob challenge

I may make it down, its my friends birthday though so its doubtful

-Doc Holiday
post #21 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
LOL that sounds like Tkob challenge
its like telling a kid we are going to drive around this swing set and slide all day but you cant go on it

If its 30inches deep, I'll throw him and extra 20 to go play in the mud

Quote:

post #22 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
its like telling a kid we are going to drive around this swing set and slide all day but you cant go on it

If its 30inches deep, I'll throw him and extra 20 to go play in the mud
And if its 30 feet?
What youll buy a boat? LOL

-Doc Holiday
post #23 of 45 Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

30 FEET.

most of the mudholes are the drainage runoffs they have in place, as well as a couple areas for mud bogs, but this place gets a lot of buggies.

He told me if you really cant resist, your more than welcome to try, but he nor the park will be responsible for you walking home. He only guarantees that your vehicle will enter the park... whether it leaves or not is entirely up to you.

... and I'm being serious... there are certainly some minor mud holes you can hit along the trails, but its mostly about the climbs.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #24 of 45 Old 09-30-2009, 04:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I thought he said 30ft.. But it has been a while since I was there last..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!

Quote:
post #25 of 45 Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

damn I better get the scuba gear out

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode