JKOwners Forum banner

Gulches Nov 6 - 8th

4K views 44 replies 6 participants last post by  benmar2000 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm planning a run to Gulches Nov. 6th - 8th

Who up for it? Benmar2000 and I were bouncing it around, I would love to get a few more going.

Need to get this in before I'm grounded... wife is due Jan. 25th with our first child, so we go into a no travel mode from mid November on.

#2 ·
I'm planning a run to Gulches Nov. 6th - 8th or the 7th - 9th.

Who up for it? Benmar2000 and I were bouncing it around, I would love to get a few more going.

Need to get this in before I'm grounded... wife is due Jan. 25th with our first child, so we go into a no travel mode from mid November on.
DUDE!!! I am so there!!!! :beer:

#3 ·
I may be ina depends. Well see when its closer. Id love to do gulches

#6 ·
That is zuwharrie... thats one reason I picked it :) Uwharrie is going to be a mess that weekend. there is ZuWharrie, plus another big event going on there that weekend... looking like 200+ vehicles.

zuwharrie is the gather of all the zuks (suzuki's and geos) in uwharrie, they do it a couple times a year.

#7 ·
Forget that.. I was at Uwharrie this past spring with it must have been Land Rover invasion or something.. It was really crowded.. I can't imagine it full of Zuks... Yeah.. Gulches for me.. It should be quiet and enjoyable day of wheeling..

#10 ·
So we have a group now... My local club has, as of today, 3 -5 rigs coming. I expect we'll probably have a few more by the time November rolls around.

Official dates are Nov. 6th - Nov. 8th. I plan on either leaving out late Thursday, or early Friday (havent decided yet). We are also looking into both Hotel and camping info.

Starting a list now... I would love to see a bunch of JK's out there (so would Skip)

1. enigmaverse
2. benmar2000
3. OHV_KJ (lowrange4x4.com)

#16 ·
Depends on if it rains or not.. They have some mud pits there that are pretty deep.. And it is that sticky red clay goop.. The kind that once you are in.. You are STUCK!!!!! :grinpimp:

#17 ·
there is mud... but YOU'RE not allowed in it.

1st time there, Skip (the owner) told me that he had one rule for my vehicle:

STAY OUT OF MY MUD

He said there are no holes that my vehicle has a chance of making it through... some of the holes may look small, but can go as far as 30' deep.

Its tight gulches, rock climbs and off camber points, I had a blast there, hopefully he's got some of the new stuff he was talking about doing open by then.

If you want mud, we got plenty of that down here... check out carolinabackwoods.com

#23 ·
30 FEET.

most of the mudholes are the drainage runoffs they have in place, as well as a couple areas for mud bogs, but this place gets a lot of buggies.

He told me if you really cant resist, your more than welcome to try, but he nor the park will be responsible for you walking home. He only guarantees that your vehicle will enter the park... whether it leaves or not is entirely up to you. :)

... and I'm being serious... there are certainly some minor mud holes you can hit along the trails, but its mostly about the climbs.

#31 ·
Hotel Info: For anybody interested, we are staying at the Howard Johnsons under the reservation for Coastal Carolina Offroad. Rate is $52/night.

1240 Hwy 56 N
Clinton, SC 29325
(864) 833-4900hojo.com‎

Theres also a Hampton Inn (and several other hotels) in Greenwood that run from $70 - $125/night...

#32 ·
Guys, I so wanna check Gluches out!

My wife grew up on the north side of Sumter National Forrest, Union.
I could drop the girls off for the weekend and RIDE! :)beer::smokin::beer:)

I wont be able to make the Nov trip, due to work.
But after the 1st of the year is a whole 'nother story. ;)
If trip #2 is an option let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.