TEXAS JKOWNER MEMBERS... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 09-10-2008, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
TEXAS JKOWNER MEMBERS...

PhilD, BeachRunner, bodyguy, kerry, jocrazy, terrahawk, cowboy49, jeffmarion, jkdrone, Rescue1, Paul08Wrangler, ToyFamily, Swinge86, tank, Duke, etc...

*Hope you all stay safe this weekend. Please let me know if anybody needs any help after this storm passes. If my vehicles, house, and garage make it through this thing and I don't have to help out family or have my own stuff to repair or deal with...then I would be happy to help in any way that I can. Clean-up, a ride (around the central Tx/ Austin area, tools, supplies, winching or cutting downed trees, whatever...Just shoot me a PM or email and let me know how I can help. Good luck you guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Hang on over there. Shoot some video. Go swimming if you can - it's intense. And stock up on party supplies:

Good luck.
post #3 of 16 Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

10-4 on that...you redneck hippie hybrid (that's a funny profile). Man, we moved from Galveston a few years ago after going thru Rita. Thought we wouldnt have to deal w/ this sh!t anymore, but it looks like still a cat 2 by the time it gets to central Tx. so we'll see. They say cat 3 to 4 at landfall. Yikes! Time to chill the
post #4 of 16 Old 09-10-2008, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Few pics from hurricane Rita 2005

These were taken in Galveston Texas a couple days after the storm. Not too bad in most places, but almost complete devastation in other areas.
Attached Images

post #5 of 16 Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm in downtown Houston, less than a mile from the Toyota center. Anyone in the area feel free to drop me a PM for my phone # and address, I'll be in the area all weekend, and will be glad to help with anything if needed. Have a reasonable amount of supplies, lots of water, etc. If you need a hand with anything, just let me know.

!c
post #6 of 16 Old 09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the offer StubEXrube. I am a couple miles north of the Evac zones, so I will be staying put.... May Head down to the coast afterward to see if there is anything I can do to help... Depends on what kind of damage we get here. I will have both laptops charged and the aircard ready

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #7 of 16 Old 09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to Big A

HERE is the best program to track the hurricanes...

Stay safe Brothers

Phase 1 Complete. Sold JK
Phase 2 Complete. Bought a Tow Rig
Phase 3 on-hold. Buying a trail rig. Thinking a TJ or XJ
post #8 of 16 Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

ehhh, we should be ok up here...unless one of my 100 year old pines falls and crushes my house (might wanna check to make sure I'm not sqooshed ). You guys in the coastal plains be careful. As always if you do need anythin, let us know,,,,,don't know if i'll be able to get there though since they shut down 290 and its all going one direction now....away from Houston...
post #9 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Wheeler

made it through without too much damage, and finally got power last night.

everybody else ok?
post #10 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
TrailDuty.com

Last Tuesday/Wednesday when it was heading straight for us, i was a little concerned to say the least. We are 10.5' above sea level and 800 yds from the Gulf. As it turned out we dodged the bullet, but Gilchrist and the barrier island cities up that way are pretty much gone.

Hope everyone further up the coast is safe.

We had some minor damage/flooding down here, and quite a lot of beach erosion, but nothing compared to the folks further up.
Attached Images

post #11 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
TrailDuty.com

Here's some pics from around the web that begin to show some of the damage.
Attached Images

post #12 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Granite Guru

it was pretty windy all the way up here in Texarkana, TX. My electricity was back on within 48 hours. I even have cable back now too. My heart is with you guys that suffered loss. I hope everyone is ok and no one had too much property loss.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Granite Guru

We took some damage, but nothing like they did in Galveston, Bolivar, and Crystal Beach area. We took a tree to the house, took out an eave. Lots of debri.

The subdivision is heavily wooded. Lots of trees down, trees wrapped in power lines, power lines down, power poles in houses etc.....

Still without power. Running on a generator.

Rescued a mama squirrel and 3 newborn squirrles. Also rescued 2 more infant squirrels that were maybe 2 weeks old but couldn't find the mama. We bottled fed them for 2 days until we could get ahold of TWC.

Here are some pics of my neighborhood and house
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...IKE/?start=all

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #14 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Glad to hear all is well...I'm sure you've seen by now that Gilchrest is completely gone...and so is much of Crystal Beach. The news from the island actually seems to get worse every day. You can tell that Lyda Ann and Steve LeBlanc are holding back on some of the speculation of what it will take to rebuild (and how long). You are truly fortunate to have the generator as they are completely sold out of them as far west as Austin. Nice to see that your humanity for the stranded wildlife hasn't taken a back seat with all that's happened. We (my girlfriend and I) have rescued and rehabed quite a few birds, dogs, squirrels, and even a large speckled kingsnake in the past.
post #15 of 16 Old 09-17-2008, 06:29 AM
TrailDuty.com

Sorry to hear about the tree damage Jeff, but glad you are okay.
post #16 of 16 Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I've been living near the Galleria for about a month and a half. Decided to leave last monday (the fact that I had nothing to do all week played in that factor as well). Talked my roommate into getting his family, who live in League City, and get the heck out. I talked to him a few days ago and he said that somehow his mother's house had minor damage to the actual house and the worst thing that happened was that the fence was gone! The apartment in the Galleria has a puddle of water near the balcony door, but thats all. I hope everyone in the area made it through okay. I'm heading back to houston this weekend, so if anyone needs any helping fixing up anything, give me a shout over PM and we can exchange info.

'08 Silver JKU - Grace

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work”
― Thomas A. Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode