North Dakota. Anyone there? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

North Dakota. Anyone there?

When I join these forums I always ask if there is anyone else out there from North Dakota. I've never received a response, but there got to be more of us out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 07:31 AM
JKO Addict!

I live in Beulah, about an hour west of Bismarck

I also know jeepgrl (go on my profile, on my friends list) lives in ND

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 Old 10-30-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Good to hear from you. Do you ever get a chance to ride some trails in ND or SD?
post #4 of 33 Old 10-30-2009, 08:45 PM
JKO Addict!

If you mean trails like the city streets when they're covered in a foot of snow or gravel roads, then yes.... but, no, I haven't found any trails to ride on.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 33 Old 11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Granite Guru

Sorry I missed this post....yeh for North Dakota!! Count me in (Bismarck)

ND Jeep Girl~'07 Salvaged Silver Wrangler X 4X4 Hardtop~in the process of a slow renovation

Neoprene seat covers, Jeep cargo net, Rampage 2pc Safari top, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper w/ tire carrier
post #6 of 33 Old 11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Granite Guru

Hey you guys should drive by CK Auto and check out Chris's big black Jeep sitting out front, I think he put a Hemi in it and the tires are freakin HUGE!! It's been sitting out in front of his building and he also has a pretty sweet red Rubicon sitting there too for sale. Too bad I don't have a rich uncle somewhere I might start a collection...ha ha

ND Jeep Girl~'07 Salvaged Silver Wrangler X 4X4 Hardtop~in the process of a slow renovation

Neoprene seat covers, Jeep cargo net, Rampage 2pc Safari top, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper w/ tire carrier
post #7 of 33 Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
JKO Addict!

You should take some photos for us less fortunate who probably won't get to see it..... Going deer hunting near Killdeer, so Bismarck is out of the question.

Quote:
post #8 of 33 Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Granite Guru

We're heading to Killdeer next weekend for Bambi, save us some. My sister lives up there. Check out CKauto.com maybe the jeeps are listed.

post #9 of 33 Old 11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Okay, all this nice weather is screwing me up. Usually you're not supposed to be able to wash your Jeep in the driveway in late November while wearing a T-shirt. Anyone remember around how much snow we had at this time last year?

Quote:
post #10 of 33 Old 12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Just would like to wish my fellow North Dakota Jeepers a Merry Christmas.

Maybe I'll spot a few of you Bismarck Jeepers while we're down on Saturday visiting family

Quote:
post #11 of 33 Old 03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Wheeler

Another 2010 JK In Bismarck

Mine should arrive in another couple weeks. It will be a Red Rock 4D Sahara. Those of you that have serviced your Jeeps in Bismarck....how are they towards modifications (lifts, tires, etc)?

There is so few JK's around, you can almost remember all of them.

jjw
ND
post #12 of 33 Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Sorry, can't help ya. Our Grand Cherokee has only been to Corwin Churchill twice in the three years we've owned it. Once for some warranty work, second for 60,000 mile fluid change.

Quote:
post #13 of 33 Old 04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweigel View Post
Mine should arrive in another couple weeks. It will be a Red Rock 4D Sahara. Those of you that have serviced your Jeeps in Bismarck....how are they towards modifications (lifts, tires, etc)?

jjw
ND
So far no major issues with mine, but I would definately take it back to Chris at Ck auto if it needed work, he knows Jeeps. I love Raceday for oil changes and they do synthetic reasonable and you get free car washes with every oil change. They are super friendly and don't try to screw you. Corwin is highway robbery on parts I can't imagine repairs. They wanted like $28 for a door grommet on my old YJ, I found them on line in packs of 3 for less than that. I suppose you will have warranty for awhile, but you better check if it voids warranty work if you mod it, some of those butt heads won't touch it if you changed things. See ya around town, it's gettin warmer and about time to loose the top!! wooo hooo

post #14 of 33 Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweigel View Post

jjw
ND

Do you have the Jeep now? Saw a red rock Sahara 4dr w/ dealer tags at Kirkwood today, wanted to follow and put my JKO card on it.

Quote:
post #15 of 33 Old 05-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Wheeler

Yes I Do....

For now I think it is the only Red Rock with Khaki Top/Interior.

Took the top off last night. Lots of fun.

jjw

2010 Red Rock Khaki Hard Top 4Dr Sahara
post #16 of 33 Old 08-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Granite Guru

count one more in for North Dakota
post #17 of 33 Old 09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Wheeler

Bismarck

Bismarck here. 07 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon, hard top and bone stock (for now, I'm agaonizing over what rock rails/steps I want to get).

If you see me... WAVE! Pull me over and we can talk. Stick a JKO card on it if I'm in a parking lot, whatever!

So far I've had a sum total of 2 ppl Jeep Wave at me here (one wasn't even IN a Jeep) sionce I bought this thing 2 weeks ago, I'm starting to get an inferiority complex! It's nothing like when I owned a CJ5 back in the 80s.

Anyhow, we need a Jeep club here, even if it's to go burn hotdogs at Sertoma or the desert.

Send me a friend request on here if you're interested.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Bone stock, but not for long!

/(O|||||||O)\
| |-------| |
|_|.......|_|
post #18 of 33 Old 09-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Granite Guru

ND laws?

I might be in the Tioga area for work and I was wondering of I'll get hassled for no mud flaps and my fender flares being cut. Where I live now we don't get much rain and no snow so it isn't an issue, cops don't take a second look at you here. You can see in my profile picture that the flares are cut back quite a bit. I am running 37 X 12.5's Let me know if you know if this will be an issue for me, Thanks.
post #19 of 33 Old 03-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Granite Guru

Another Bismarck'ian here! I have my '09 unlimited Rubicon (black), and my fiancee drives an '02 TJ on 35's.My ride is an '09 unlimited rubicon, 17k miles. Mods include
-3.5" Clayton hard arm suspension
-clayton high steer kit
-35" cooper STT's on stock wheels/spidertrax spacers
-Warn front bumper with powerplant
-5.38's are on order
-Tatton front shaft is on order, and if I like it, a rear will soon follow!
-And a few other small doo-dads!

I go mess around at kimbal bottoms whenever i get the itch, or just go drive gravel roads/section lines. We do trips to the black hills here and there, and have bigger trips in the works (moab/rubicon trail!)!
post #20 of 33 Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Wheeler

Yall ought to swing down here to SD for Jeep Camp and Dakota Territory Challenge. If you need more info check out bh4wheelers..com or blackhillsjeeps..com

Buildit Breakit Fixit Repeatit
USAF AMMO
2007 Rubicon
Flame Red
Automatic
3" Tera-Flex lift
BFG Mud terrain KM 35x12.50-17 on PRO-Comp wheels
High Rock Roller winch bumper
JE Reel Driveshafts
Warn 9500ti
5.13 Gears
KC Daylighters
Bushwacker Flares. Hard and Soft tops.
_______
/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
post #21 of 33 Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Woody View Post
Yall ought to swing down here to SD for Jeep Camp and Dakota Territory Challenge. If you need more info check out bh4wheelers..com or blackhillsjeeps..com
Ill be there JKW! We have 3 jeeps coming down so far! I will be riding along with my future brother-in-law in his TJ.
post #22 of 33 Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Granite Guru

I was hoping to make it but cannot, gonna have to get there the next go round!

2007 JK Unlimited Sahara, Blacked Out
3.5 inch lift sitting on 35's
Poly Performance/Synergy Suspension Ball Joints
Smittybilt Oversized Tire Carrier
post #23 of 33 Old 04-09-2011, 05:23 PM
JKO Addict!

My sister just moved to Minot.
Not a Jeep owner, but I plan to visit her eventually.
post #24 of 33 Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Granite Guru

Bismarck jeep here too!! 2010 green rubi, pitbull decAls were the rubicon use to be. Are there any good trails around Bismarck? I'd love to find something!!

2010 rubicon. 3.5 rk lift. 37,s. 6.2 Ls3.
post #25 of 33 Old 06-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Wheeler

still pretty new around here, I have been in Minot for about 4 months now. Been to Kimbal Bottoms ORV Park (just south of Bismark) 5 times now and explored the crap out of the minimum maintence roads around here. I have seen tons of JK's rolling around MAFB and yet to meet anyone who wants to go wheeling...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode