LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte
Exclamation River Rock Carnage report!

Well, lets see.. Where to begin...
In the "minor category"
--Huge scratches from getting into some narrow rock places, down all 4 of the wheel fenders.
--Pushed the driver side step up into the door
--Smashed the exhaust pipe flat
--Rear bumper now has huge dent to match the front I got at Hard Rock a while back.
In the MAJOR category...
-- Shredded both front tires ON MY OWN sway bar disconnects.. Making myself the only person to have the most amount of carnage by running into.. MYSELF.

While it was up on the Rack I found this:

So add
--Damaged Rear differential case

Luckily both tires, and the differential repair were covered under warranty, so the money I lost was from buying a tire on a Sunday in GA outside of someone who covers me under there warranty.

This event is NOT for me, but don't let the carnage report discourage you. If you like places like Hard Rock, then you will go "little kid crazy" at River Rock. It's like Hard Rock x1000. It's just not my thing.

But the wife and I had a great time camping, which says something for a wife who never liked camping before!

Matthew D
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Silver Sahara

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
JKO Addict!

thanks for the HONEST report!
post #3 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Rock God

Not for you? Meaning Jeepin isn't for you or breaking stuff? (those kinda go hand in hand) I'm surprised they'd cover tires under warranty!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #4 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 12:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any damage on the diff. Sorry you didn't like the rocks, but I'll take rocks any day over mud. Glad you got it worked out though. I'm still not sure how you were able to warranty any of that, especially the tires.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Granite Guru

No damage apparent on the diff... a little leak but no dent.

I think I could have stitched that tire back together with some bailin' wire and chewing gum... under warranty though?? amazing

post #6 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Openly Hostile

Probably has one of those tire warranties.

Jason
post #7 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

Sounds fun!
post #8 of 12 Old 05-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93country View Post
No damage apparent on the diff... a little leak but no dent.
Yep, that would be the normal JK diff leak.

2008 2dr X
with some chit on it
post #9 of 12 Old 05-28-2009, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
Not for you? Meaning Jeepin isn't for you or breaking stuff? (those kinda go hand in hand) I'm surprised they'd cover tires under warranty!
well, breaking things on my daily driver is definately not for me.. but mainly trying to climb over rocks and large wet clay hills may not be for me either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any damage on the diff. Sorry you didn't like the rocks, but I'll take rocks any day over mud. Glad you got it worked out though. I'm still not sure how you were able to warranty any of that, especially the tires.
the tires were covered under a repair and replace warrenty through the dealership and the differential was repaired under the powertrain warrenty which is good for about another 10,000 miles.

Matthew D

2008 Silver Sahara

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
post #10 of 12 Old 05-28-2009, 06:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Ah River Rock! I miss that place!
post #11 of 12 Old 05-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataByte View Post
well, breaking things on my daily driver is definately not for me.. but mainly trying to climb over rocks and large wet clay hills may not be for me either!
LOL... you say that now... but then you'll get the bug to go back out & do an easy trail & be bored to death... then try a tougher trail... and so the story goes until you are breaking stuff again!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #12 of 12 Old 05-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Rock God

the stock rear diff cover is a punk! Mine had a lip about 1/16" that hung down lower than the diff housing. REAL easy to drag it and pull it off the housing just enough to cause a leak. Highly reccomend better diff covers if you're going to go out and drag yourself over stuff again.

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode