POST JEEP BEACH! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

POST JEEP BEACH!

Hey guys, you rock! Id like to name you all but you know who you are. You guys supporting me at Jeep Beach was great! I hope you guys had as much fun as I did!

THANK YOU to all the Jeep Beach JK OWNERS SPONSORS AND VENDORS! Your generosity rocked this event! We really appreciated your support and look forward to seeing you there next year!!

I didnt do this alone, a BIG thank you to the Mid Florida Jeep Club members a couple who are on this forum especially

The JK Owners banner was flying proudly and there was no doubt that the JKO kicked ass! Thanks so much to my great friends here at the JKO! Thanks Lance!!

A SPECIAL thanks to my new best friends Hatch and Maral (Safari Straps). They flew coast to coast to attend Jeep Beach. I know there are alot of great people on here but you couldnt meet a nicer couple. They are good people and I honestly call them true friends. Just wait until Hatch unveils the new design!

Thank you to all the JKO that attended. it was a great event! Some of you had some very long drives and a thank you cant express enough how we feel for the support you gave us. I cant wait to see all your pictures and get mine posted up as well. Dont forget to go to the Mid Florida Jeep Club website to get to the link for the photographer so you can see all 700 professional pics he took.

So you want a number?

Saturday - 303 paid registered participants and DOES NOT include sponsor/vendor Jeeps, VIP's or the Mid Florida Jeep Club. Total Jeeps was around 375-400

Sunday - on the Beach! The parade on the beach was 4.5 miles long! YES 4.5 miles long Jeep to Jeep! There was a total of 218 paid Jeeps and DOES NOT include sponsor/vendor Jeeps, VIP's or the Mid Florida Jeep Club. Total Jeeps was 273!

PUDDLZ/CHRIS HANSON and CREW - we pass the torch so rock out JK SUMMERFEST!

Last edited by rooster; 05-18-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 PM
JKO Addict!

had a hell of a good time and i didn't even have a jeep.

Thanks for the great event and I'll be there again next year with or with a jeep
post #3 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Granite Guru

I agree. Great job! You owe to yourself and the club for putting on a heck of a show... I'll be back for sure.
post #4 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Awesome job!

Figured I'd share some JK themed photos

For the hall of shame....

The JK Unlimiteds had some troubles on the little bumps. But, by contrast...

For the hall of fame...

I didn't get Rotorhead's exit, but it looked a lot like this...

post #5 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Rock God

My wife and I had a blast. I finally got her behind the wheel. The easy to hard "trails" helped ease her into it. She was ready for anything after that. I think she wants her own Jeep after this event. It was good to finally meet a bunch of JKO's finest. As usual I didn't get many pictures, too busy having fun.

Moments before Rooster proved that chickens can fly!

Overbuilt Customs showing off some heavy arty.

HitMoney doing some filming. Something tells me he's done this before

This mine, Rotorhead, and unknown showing off the Red Rubi's (right to left)

BIG RED JEEP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by H8T2W8T; 05-17-2009 at 04:29 PM.
post #6 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Rock God

Some video...
It took me about 5 tries to get over this bunny hill. Thanks for the MFJC (Sparky) for giving me a push.

Hitting the T-walls.

And finally the wife drivingNothing broke, and she didn't even stall, so she did damn good for her first time.

BIG RED JEEP

post #7 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Red Sunrise=Not Pretty

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

What an awesome turnout, and a truely awesome event!!!

Props to Mid Florida Jeep Club for putting this together in such an excellent way!

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
post #8 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 05:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Awesome vids! Track 4 was our favorite.

There were bigger rigs than Rotor's and H8's that struggled because they let testerone drive the Jeep. These two took their time and listened to the spotters. Awesome job!
post #9 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

FLLawdog I just had to post your pic. This was while we were staging on the beach!

post #10 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Rock God

Garage

Jeff you and your club rock. I had a great time and can not wait till next year.

Jester
Jester Offroad

863-875-7907
post #11 of 81 Old 05-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Garage

I had absolutely one of the best times EVAH!

Jenna and I were laughing all the way home about the stories of certain individuals at our hotel who crashed a Scrap booking convention and were making coctails for the lil old ladies who were were still scrap booking at 2 am!!

Seriously though... what a show and what a turn out!!

RubiKong won it's first award, People's Choice.. totaly blew me away! I also won a 25.00 Shell Gas card sponsored by bfj aka tambil so I was told. THANK YOU!

The raffles went on forever, thats how much stuff they had to give away.. not lil shat either.. all great prizes... best raffle EVAH!

I took TONS of video and pictures that I will slowly get up this week.. gonna take forever to edit it.

The beach parade.. only one word to describe... FAWSOME!

JKO was definitely representing.. I think I even spotted some JKFers.. one person who will go unamed even brought me his balled up JKF stickers and bought 2 JKO's..Way to go *** . By the way, your rig fawking rocks!

Gonna be hard to top Jeep Beach 09 next year... but i think as long as Rooster is involved it will 'Gitter Done'.

What an outstanding performance by Mid Florida Jeep Club!!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #12 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 04:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Jeep Beach was AWESOME, THANK YOU for your tremendous effort MFJC to organize and pull off an event of this scale. Some of the best fun we've had since we bought our Jeep! Thanks to all of the vendors for taking lots of time to talk to us, and for TONS of raffle items. I can't wait til next year! (No, really, I can't wait til next year, when is the next event?)

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." --Stephen Wright
post #13 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hey Rooster, I seem to remember it this way.

It was much better on the second attempt though.

My brother and I had a great time. Thanks for all of the hard work putting everything together. It was great to meet all the JKO guys in person.

Carnage for me was a cracked windshield on the drive home.
post #14 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 05:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here's a link to my pictures.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...0Beach%202009/

Came across this trailer full of sweet Mustangs on the way down

Day 1 Friday at the hotel.

Hit the beach Friday for a short little drive. Finally got a good beach shot.

Friday night was the big drunk night at Wing House. A big special thanks to the Sloppy Hole Mud Girls for providing our entertainment. Thanks to Jeff too for providing the back drop.

Saturday morning started off with Brad from Overbuilt Customs loading up the 50 Cal.

Too many Jeeps to get the full perspective. You would need an airplane to capture the size of the event.

These girls were literally giggling non stop while they played in there Bruiser Buggy. (So would most of us)

I was the first JK to hit the big hill in the morning before they moved all the rocks into a pile and made it easy. You had to control the way the rocks would roll under the tires. It was still pretty easy, but there was a big rock in the middle at the top that you had to try and get a tire on, unless your name is Hitmoney, then you just push the Curry D60 over the top. The big JK's definitely shined on this obstacle. Lots of really built older rigs struggled hard.

To be continued:
post #15 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 05:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Did anybody see this pic of Rooster's Jeep after jeep beach?

Sorry Jeff, i had to post it... i saw it in the other guys photobucket.

post #16 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 05:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Did the hard part then didn't gas it enough to mow down the crest at the top. Remember, first 4-door. Anyway this got a big laugh from the crowd.

Saw a couple of bent tailgates here from dragging the spare.

post #17 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 05:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The beach parade was a blast. Miles of Jeeps.

post #18 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DataByte Send a message via Yahoo to DataByte

HEY EVERYBODY!!!
It was super great meeting everyone from JKO. I wish I could have spent some more time with you all (btw, did the strip club visit ever happen?) but I couldn't seem to get coordinated with anyone. Very frustrating. Guess that was the benefit of staying @ the Holiday Inn?
Super great event. Probably the best event I have ever been to with the Jeep so far! I was going to post a HUGE post here about it....

BUT CHANGED MY MIND!!! I can do that you know...

look for the write up in The Orlando Jeep Club NEWSLETTER (that no one reads) that shall have pictures and articles and all kinds of things!!! Should be at least a 2 page write up after all the pictures and write up's!! Thanks Rooster for the stats! (btw Rooster, what was the total Jeeps that registered from our club?)
I will make sure to get a copy posted up here as soon as it's done!

Congrats to the ENTIRE ORLANDO JEEP CLUB for the most club participation award and our very own ChopTop for "Most abused".

BTW.. I didn't win anything.. well, a T-shirt... BUT IT DIDN'T MATTER!!! THE EVENT WAS INCREDIBLE!

Matthew D

2008 Silver Sahara

*Mention JKOWNERS.com for a 10% discount at checkout*
post #19 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Holy crap that looks like fun!!! Man I wish someone would put on an event like that here in TX!
post #20 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 08:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

A bunch of awesome pictures here taken with a good camera posted by Chuckie.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rujeepin...at=directlink#
post #21 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Woah! That is a BADASS JK! It should have won best of show!!! hehehehe

OK...seriously, Rooster, you and I talked. I dont have much to add other than repeating what I told you already - Great freaking job. Folks, when he told me last year he wanted to do this at the speedway, I thought to myself, yeah right, he's dreaming. And dont get me wrong, I dream big too. But damnit man - you pulled it off!

Rooster has set the bar so freaking high for Jeep events in Florida. Mark my words right here and now: Jeep Beach, one of these days, will be an event the size of Bike Week. The entire city will be flooded w/ jeeps and they will travel across the nation to get there. You tell em Karnuvore predicted it.

Mad props man. I had a great time. I spent an assload of money trying to win stuff and didnt win - but that doesnt matter. There was a charity involved in all that $ right? Hospice? Fair enough lol. Rooster, your rig incredible. I knew you had been working on it and it had changed a lot - but damn man.

Mid Florida Jeep Club has put everything in perspective for our tiny lil club lol. We now realize we are just a buncha hicks who like jeeps and have a hard time organizing a garage sale, much less an event of that magnitude lol. No worries lol.

OK - some of my favorite memories, honestly, were not truly JEEP related, but more related to the JEEPERS. I got to meet some people I have known by screen name only FINALLY. Hitmoney, it's nice to finally have shaken the hand of the man who was instrumental in me getting my lift. I walked up to this guy and said "What is that some piece of **** 6" Pro Comp Long arm kit on your jeep?" And, having never met me in person, he starts laughing, cuz he knew it had to be me. Then I sit there talking to this guy next to me, very nice guy, for about 10 minutes and finally he says "are you on JKowners?" It was H82W8T. Then I met moose, databyte, Rotorhead, BigJerm, the list goes on. Sweet!

And man did our lil Jeep-club-that-could represent. We may be a bunch of Fukc ups, but man do we know how to Fukc up! We partied til the wee hours of the morning 3 nights in a row and made quite a few new friends. Highlight was making good friends w/ Mike from Jeep Hut who swore to us (in a sh!tty drunken state) that he is going to join the club an start up a Georgia chapter lol. We told him, we could hook up w/ some mexicans and start running drugs through our club chapters - make millions. Screw the Hells Angels! lol.

That same night, I followed Jake (jester) through a convention hall of full of scrap bookers, at 2 am. Picture it: he was naked from the waist up, finger in his belly, pushing a luggage dolly full of beer, trying to get the old ladies drunk while I played mandolin behind him. They snapped about 1000 pics of him and told him he was going to be in scrap books all over the nation.

Night before, that maniac gets on the hotel radio (left unattended at the front desk) and says "Base to Carl. Base to Carl. Come in Carl." He was calling Carl the security gaurd - whose real name was Raymond but we had decided he looked more like a Carl. We had gotten to know him earlier as he came out to the pool after we were screaming at the top of our lungs. OK, I was. If you could have seen Carl's face when he came running in the front door saying "GET OFF THAT RADIO!" Then, Jake decides to badger Carl into giving us the 18 pack of bud light Carl had found left unattended while doing his rounds. Carl gave it to us, asking us to please go up to our rooms.

Before we went though, we left the following note on the front desk: Hi. My name is Jose Dosil (crazy x on this website). I need a wake up call at 5:30 am. If I dont answer, call back at 6:00 am. Thanks. I am in room #...." You get the idea.

Man what a blast. I have about 10 other stories simliar to those - but those were FUN. Our jeep club, small as it is, got to know one another quite well this weekend. One of our member's now has the rank "I Sh!t Crab Traps" on our forum.

Awesome event. Jeep Parade was GREAT! Good idea on turning around going the other way. I high fived Jeeps the entire way.

Cant wait til next year.

Last edited by karnuvore; 05-18-2009 at 11:23 AM.
post #22 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Openly Hostile

lol Karn.

Jason
post #23 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Our small little club had a blast too. 6 of us made it down from Savannah.
2 of them didn't make the beach ride due to an event that involved strippers and a bail bondsman.
I wish I could have gotten pictures of that!
post #24 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Garage

Yup... you want a party... invite Karn and Jester.

BTW... Jester didn't look so hot on Sunday morning..... LMAO!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #25 of 81 Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Banned

lol amen to that. Poor SOB couldnt choke down some cracker barrel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode