Jeep Beach™ 2009 is less than a month away!
There is still time to pre-register!
May 15, 16, and 17, 2009
As host of Jeep Beach™, the Mid-Florida Jeep Club has developed a fun filled weekend geared for all Jeep® owners. With the setting being next to Lake Lloyd in the infield of the Daytona International Speedway and the all new obstacle courses, this will be an event to remember! Don’t miss the opening social, obstacle courses, vendor fair, Show-n-Shine, Jeep Beach™, Night @ The Plaza, beach parade and pool party.Pre-registration deadline is May 1st.
Friday – May 15th
Registration and Opening SociaPre-registration has several benefits: prices are discounted, allows you to pre-order your collectible event shirt, guarantees your entrance into Jeep Beach™, Night @ The Plaza, and entitles your group consideration for the group incentive.
The 2009 Jeep Beach™ beneficiary charity is Hospice of Volusia County. Below is the Jeep Beach™ 2009 activities schedule.l:
2:00 PM to 8:00 PM: Registration will be at LaQuinta and the Reception at Wing House on International Speedway Boulevard in Daytona Beach. At registration, get your Jeep Beach™ schedule and event credentials. At the social, check out the 2009 Jeep Beach™ merchandise and grab a bite to eat!
Saturday – May 16th
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM at the Daytona International Speedway at the Turn 1 tunnel off of Williamson Blvd. Registration will close promptly at 11:00 AM.
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Infield of the Daytona International Speedway. There will be obstacles for all types of jeeps – from stock to modified. The last Jeep® will enter the obstacle course at 3:00 PM, no exceptions.
Show-n-Shine and Vendor Fair:
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Infield of the Daytona International Speedway. Bring your Jeep® for the Jeep Beach™ Show-n-Shine and vendor fair!
Show-n-Shine awards will be announced at 3:30 PM. Participants will be voting on the People’s Choice award. To encourage participation, all participants who place a vote will receive a ticket for a special raffle prize.
The Jeep Beach™ vendor fair will be set-up in the infield. There are several vendors signed up to attend the event: Rusty’s, Jeeper’s Den, 4Wheel Parts, SuperChips, Sloppy Holes/Mud Hunnies, Airbrush Factory, Wilson’s 4x4 and Tina’s Noveltees, More to be announced.
Reminder – there are no coolers allowed at the Speedway. Food and beverages will be available through the Speedway vendor. We are working on a meal package especially for Jeep Beach™.
There will be several activities to keep the kids entertained during the day at the main event, including a bouncy house, an inflatable slide, and snow cones.
Over $8000 in raffle prizes will be drawn throughout the day. There will also be a 50/50 raffle. Raffle tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5 and for larger ticket items, tickets will be $2 each or 3 for $5.
• Pit Bull Tires - $1200 gift certificate and Ten (10) 25% Off Certificates
• Superchips - Two (2) Programmers
• Or-Fab - Two (2) sets of Rock Doors
• Jeep Hut – over $500 in prizes including a set of Neoprene Seat covers, shirts, d-ring sets, and winch plate
• Discount Tire - $500 Gift Certificate and 250 $100 off gift cards
• Rough Country - 4” Lift with Dual Stabilizers
• Jeeper’s Den - $500 in prizes
• Bushwhacker - $200 Gift Certificate and Promo Pack
• 4Wheel Parts - Smittybilt Winch, Hi-Lift Jack & other prizes
• Wilson’s 4x4 - Corbeau seats with 4 point harness
• FinishLine West - Chubby Front Bumper
• All Things Jeep - Five (5) $50 Gift Certificates
• DIS - Two (2) tickets to the Coke Zero 400
• Sloppy Holes/MudHunnies - Ten (10) $25 gift certificates
• Pro Chrysler Jeep - t-shirts, Hoodies, & Stickers
• JCWhitney - $250 in Gift Certificates
• Richard Petty Driving Experience - Two (2) Richard Petty Driving Experience Ride-Alongs
• JeepSwag.com - Evap Canister Relocation Kit & Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
• Smittybilt – Seat Cover
• Warn - Snatch Block and Gloves
• Wylaco - Spyderco Knife
• Raingler – grab handles
• Warrior – grab handles
• Shell - $10 Gift Certificates
• Clayton 4WD – 2 25% Certificates
• SkyJacker – denim shirts and other prizes
• Misc Donations - Jeep Knife, Lights Out, shirts, Grab handles, Jeep License plate and CB
• Safari Straps 1 TJ Side Window Nets, 1 JK Side Window Nets, 1 JK Cage Set, 1 Package of Grab Handles, Cell Phone Holder, Personal Water Cooler
• 1 complete JK sPOD donated by John with sPOD
THANKS to all our vendors and sponsors for their gracious donations. We have also received many items to place in the goodie bags including Ocean Potion sun block lotion, Pit Bull Tires Koozies, BDS Suspensions 10% Off Coupons, PolyPerformance 10% Off coupons, Zone OffRoad Performance 10% Off Coupons, and Go Topless Stickers.
5:00 PM – all Jeeps must be out of the infield.
Jeep Beach™, Night @ The Plaza:
7:00 PM – Pre-registered participants are invited to a ****tail Reception at The Plaza Resort and Spa on A1A. A section of the pool area at the hotel will be reserved exclusively for Jeep Beach™ participants. The hotel will provide heavy hors d’oeuvre. At 8:30 PM, a kid-friendly movie will be shown in the pool area at the “Dive In Theatre”.
Sunday - May 17th
Jeep Beach™ Parade:
Ever see 100s of Jeeps® cruising down the beach at once? Join us in turning heads on the beach, and don’t forget the cameras. Final parade details to be provided at registration.
Jeep Beach™ Closing Party:
Immediately following the parade, our closing party will be held at the pool at the LaQuinta on 2725 International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32124.
1. i'm assuming i can leave DIS and come back anytime 9- 5? I might leave for an hour or two for lunch.
2. Do i have to be present to win the raffels?
3. Do you have any recomendations on what to bring to the event at DIS? Like chairs, popup tents for shade, or maybe a "hidden" cooler?
1) Yes you can leave and come back. As long as you have your creditial to get back in.
2) You MUST be present to win the BIG raffles items no exception. For the smaller items we may put up a board that people can come and check to see if they won and pick up their item at the table. We dont expect anyone to just hang out all day and listen for a number we are just trying to figure out the best way to do it. Again for the big items If somone doesnt answer the call we are moving on to another number.
3) Bring whatever you think will make you comfortable. Pop ups are fine, chairs are a must. Im serious about the coolers hidden or not. Again, we put thousands of dollars out for this event. Its not fair to those that wont bring coolers.
Just added 1 more! Look what Safari Straps .com donated to Jeep Beach! AND they are a JKO sponsor! Thank you Safaristraps.com!
Also so you guys know safaristraps.com has donated another raffle item that I didnt mention above. Its a JK 3 piece system. This proceeds of this raffle item will be given to theBlue Ribbon Coalition.You can find more info about this great organization at sharetrails.org so guys be prepared to donate to a worthy cause!
holy smokes that's a good turnout for the great state of FL and the region. Nice job guy's. I guess I should discuss with some friends pulling something like this together for New Engalnd part of the states since Puddlz has the southern CA covered.
Want to see the back of the t-shirt? sssh dont tell anyone I showed you! LOL. Guess its only fitting its at Daytona International Speedway with all the sponsor logo's!
We ARE NOT sure of the color yet. The printer will give us options based on whats best to bring out the color of the logo's. Please dont suggest any, it doesnt matter what I want its what is going to look best.
**Subject to change based on info from the printer
2 weeks from today we'll be in the infield of the Daytona International Speedway! Its going to be a great event with lots of prizes and fun for all! We are now leaving the courses open till 5:30-6PM so come on guys, get signed up!
We've got JKO guys coming from as far away as Colorado, New Mexico, Ohio, up North and many more. Theres a chance my buddy Hatch (Safari Straps) might even be coming from Cali! So whats your excuse for not being here?
Umm? I only subscribe to jk-forum and Eddie says I can't go.
LOL you just dont know how true that is!!! So Wednesday night we were at our regular weekly meet and greet for the Mid Florida Jeep Club. Not 1 but 3 JK's drove by that had that other forum sticker on it. Now mind you there was 26 Jeeps in the parking lot, very visible to all. My Jeep was sideways and on the road. You couldnt miss it. Did they stop? NO. So today I was at Daytona Beach with the wife. We're cruising down the beach, trying to get the word out to those less fortunate that dont know. We roll up on 2 JK's flying the other forum sticker. Im like dude you coming to Jeep Beach? And they were like, whats that? So then Im like your kidding? E-Metal hasnt told you guys? They knew nothing. Are they just a bunch of pu55y's or what? How could you miss one of the largest Jeep shows in the South? Hell if the 11K work of raffle items werent enough the free party Saturday night with food and drinks should be enough. And if that werent enough the free dogs and drinks at the pool party Sunday should do it. Come on...get a clue JK Forum!
I've tried a couple of times to let everyone know on the other forum but they just delete the posts. They were planning a trail ride and the poll for the dates was up and I posted that the 16th wouldn't work because of jeep beach and it was deleted in under an hour.
what part of the beach were you on today? We were right in front of the Holiday Inn on the north side of the pier. We also cruised the north side a couple of times and asked a couple of jeeps if they were going and they had heard of it but didn't know when it was, so now they know. Also, I noticed the NAPA auto parts on Speedway Blvd has a Jeep Beach plug on it's marquis.