JKOwners Forum banner

Up The Irons!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  banned01010 
#1 ·
April 2nd - Sunrise FL. Anyone down there a metal child of the 80s? I'm going.

See less See more
#7 ·
17 bud bottles, two shared pints of wild turkey, about 20 new best friends, got kicked out of the VIP parking section, Rednecked my way into a free hamburger, tried to get a guy w/ a 2 door rental JK to go wheeling w/ me...

OH yeah, the show was good too. I was freaking 18 for a night baby lol. Was 20 years ago the last time I saw that band. I was shocked at how many people were there from literally all around the world. Turns out, there are maidenheads and they apparently have more money than your average deadhead - cuz they tour globally w/ this band.

Crowd was awesome. We all got a lil more mellow as we aged. My extremely drunk friend and I next to me RAISED PURE HELL. Stood up the entire time - people behind us didnt say a peep lol. Everyone else was sitting.

Guy in front of me bought me a beer either because he liked my suave attitude or he was extremely entertained by what was pretty much a tornado having a seizure behind him. My wife just kept shaking her head. God bless her. She is a saint.

They played ALL the classics. I only heard 2 songs from anything past 1989 all evening. Sold out the arena. They brought out the obligatory 20' tall walking Eddie and the 30' tall one behind the band. We were nose-bleed but they do the whole camera thing. I think Bruce Dickinson said something about they were shooting a video of that tour and we'd be in it. Or that could just be a drunk memory.

Did I mention - god bless my wife? She drove us home til Yeehaw Junction. By then I had slept it off and drove it the rest of the way out. I was gonna get a hotel room, but she was the boss. So we came home.

Freaking Great Show! I'm gonna go see Slayer in August! I'm reliving some 80s this year.

And I am NOT hungover. I am a professional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.