Nor Cal roll call - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 368 Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Nor Cal roll call

Hey, is there any JK's north of the Tehachapees(sp?) in or around the SF Bay Area. Went snow wheeling up to Eagle Lakes with a local group from the other forum but don't see any trips scheduled for us here. I know there are a few, but lets see how many. Maybe we can schedule a meet and greet or a snow trip. Or maybe a spring run.
And if there are any locals that belong to JK-****** and are in hiding here, you can email me directly hndymn418@aol.com ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 368 Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Granite Guru

There are a few nor cal members on the board. I'm up near Sacramento. Snow trip or spring run sounds good.

07 Jeep Green Rubi Unlimited, auto
Mods: Tuffy Cubby Storage Cover, Rugged Ridge grab handles, Shrockworks Sliders, Rock Hard Engine / Gas Tank Skids, Rhino-lined tub, Kilby Evap Can Relocation Kit, 16x8 Centerline Wilderness Series - Falcon Rims, 285/75/16 Interco SSRs, OME 2" HD Lift, PSC Diff Covers, Superwinch EPi 9.0, BulldogFab Rear Bumper, RedrockFab Front Bumper and skid
post #3 of 368 Old 02-14-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Holly beJeepers... at this rate we could hold a M@G in a phone booth. I know over "there" at least a dozen JK's. I need some cards to pass out. The only good news is with the San Andreas fault, SoCal is slowly moving north.
post #4 of 368 Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I'm in Northern Nevada. So I could easily meet up with you guys for most Sierra runs. I know several up here that we could get together.

The phonebooth is getting smaller.
post #5 of 368 Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Sounds like fun though I'll have to miss it. This club I run with is planning a run out to Boards Crossing Rd off of Hwy 4. That should be fun. I'll try to see if I can get some of the others interested. It's tough when you can't post across boards. Next time we get together I'll post here, and maybe we can get a few more. I especially will talk up the JK Owners meet at the Hammers as it gets closer. That should wrinkle a few eyebrows. Any ideas for a first meeting, there is a Starbucks near hear with a table and 3 chairs. That should work
post #6 of 368 Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
I'm in Northern Nevada. So I could easily meet up with you guys for most Sierra runs. I know several up here that we could get together.

Cool.....we'll need more chiars
post #7 of 368 Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post

x 2. If you guys come over to the sierras, I'll join up.
post #8 of 368 Old 02-15-2009, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPo View Post
x 2. If you guys come over to the sierras, I'll join up.
I like the idea of you guys being where you are. Since most of the wheeling is in the Sierras, it is great to have some local imput on weather and trails and such. Maybe by the end of winter we can schedule a snow run up in your neck of the woods so we can all meet. An overnighter would be great way to meet as it is more informal and friendly than meeting in a restaurant. Nothing is better than chewing the fat/shooting the **** by a campfire.
post #9 of 368 Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Granite Guru

Phonebooth is geting smaller ...

It would be great to get a JKO run together up here in the Sierra's. With all of the new snow up here, the conditions are great. Rubirobv and I traded emails this weekend, but didn't hook up in time. It sounds like he had a great run up Hwy 50. And a buddy and I got into some deep snow off Hwy 20 over the weekend. It was an awesome day!

I'd like to try and do another snow run on March 7th, anyone game? I may do a half day run Saturday morning too, if anyone wants to come.
post #10 of 368 Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepThing View Post
It would be great to get a JKO run together up here in the Sierra's. With all of the new snow up here, the conditions are great. Rubirobv and I traded emails this weekend, but didn't hook up in time. It sounds like he had a great run up Hwy 50. And a buddy and I got into some deep snow off Hwy 20 over the weekend. It was an awesome day!

I'd like to try and do another snow run on March 7th, anyone game? I may do a half day run Saturday morning too, if anyone wants to come.
Great! Since you guys kive up there and know where the good places to wheel are keep us informed. I'd like to find a trail with fresh snow. That seems the most fun. March 7th would be great Lets start a plan. Basically a place to meet, and a time to be there.
post #11 of 368 Old 02-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Great! Since you guys kive up there and know where the good places to wheel are keep us informed. I'd like to find a trail with fresh snow. That seems the most fun. March 7th would be great Lets start a plan. Basically a place to meet, and a time to be there.
Hi Eugene. I ran Gaston Grade out of the town of Washington over the weekend and the snow was great! We were in 4' around the 5,000' level and it was coming down heavy. I think this is the trail that you were on for Winter Fun Fest. I've got some pics posted in the trail runs section.

There are plenty of great places out of Nevada City/Grass Valley for a run. We could meet in town and head out from here. Just depends on what the weather is like between now and then. I saw the pictures from your run on Fordyce a week ago. I'll bet driveline hill has at least 5' of snow on it now ... just a week after you guys were driving up it with no snow. It's amazing how fast things can change!
post #12 of 368 Old 02-17-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Gaston Grade was fun with the smow that we had, so I bet it was extreme fun now. Sounds like we have a date for March 7. Let's see who'll come also.
post #13 of 368 Old 02-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Granite Guru

Anyone ... anyone ... Beuller?

Any other NorCal peeps out there. ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
I'm still up for a snow run on March 7th. My wife has the day off and I'd like to bring my son and daughter, ages 9 & 10. They're looking forward to going. Anyone else bringing family along?
I normally have my wife and girls along, but my two youngest have basketball games that day and my oldest will be coaching and ref'ing all day. I may be able to talk my 13 year old into coming though, we'll see. Looking forward to it!
post #14 of 368 Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Rock God

I'm in the Sacramento area, add me to the list of "wanting to ride somewhere."

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #15 of 368 Old 03-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Granite Guru

South Lake Tahoe here. I don't do snow runs normally because I get to shovel enough of it as it is! But I might make an exception!

JonB KE6GFB
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo's
S. Lake Tahoe, CA
08 Wrangler X 4dr. 6sp: Winched, bumpered, Atlased, 5:13 Rubi axles, 37" Kevlar MTRs, Treks skids.
87 Toy BJ70 LandCruiser. Winched, bumpered, 35ed, locked, slidered, dieseled.
87 Toy 4r. Winched, bumpered, dual cased, 35ed, locked, slidered. -Sold, to pay for Jeep parts!
post #16 of 368 Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Welcome to the Nor Cal section. We did a snow run a few weeks back and had a blast. Now that spring is about here I think the snow runs are done. We definetly need to plan a run before it gets to warm, I want a campfire and I know they slap the restrictions on early. I will leave it to those who live closer to the Sierras to possibly come up with a few ideas for places to go. Look forward to meeting you all.
post #17 of 368 Old 03-19-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Anybody up for a Rubicon trail run memorial weekend ? Could be cold but fun.
Might go, but how crowded would it be?
post #18 of 368 Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
I want a campfire and I know they slap the restrictions on early.
Hey Eugene, here's a couple of campfire picts to tide you over. The girls and I went on a night run last Saturday. We had a great time and the snow conditions were awesome! (would have invited you guys, but we were guests on a club run)

Quote:
That sounds fun Rob! We usually take the boat out for the first time that weekend. I'll have to run this past the planning committee (wife and three girls ). I'm a little out numbered, but we'll see. I would definately like to run the Rubicon with you guys this year.

MaRShiN and jonb ... I look forward to meeting you on the trails!
post #19 of 368 Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Memorial Day is pretty early. You would prolly be slogging through a lot of snow on the Tahoe side. I can take a ride up to the Tahoe trailhead closer to that date and check it out. It's about 45 minutes from me.

I have belonged to the Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo's for 20 years and we used to be the only club maintaining the trail from the Lake to the Springs. Now that the trail is so popular it became too big a chore and we have help from Friends of the Rubicon (a great outfit, check em out). We had to work extra hard when folks would go through while the the trail was snowy/muddy. And early wheeling is becoming a land use issue here at the Lake due to the sediment making it's way into the Lake. So now the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency is starting to apply pressure to Eldorado & Placer counties to mitigate the erosion issues. And USFS is getting involved as well.

So please be careful when you go in early, it has more implications than you might be aware of. Or go from Loon to the springs and then back out to Loon again, as the snow usually melts on that side earlier than on the Tahoe side.

But if we don't get any more big dumps Memorial day might find a dry trail but we all better hope not!

JonB KE6GFB
Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo's
S. Lake Tahoe, CA
08 Wrangler X 4dr. 6sp: Winched, bumpered, Atlased, 5:13 Rubi axles, 37" Kevlar MTRs, Treks skids.
87 Toy BJ70 LandCruiser. Winched, bumpered, 35ed, locked, slidered, dieseled.
87 Toy 4r. Winched, bumpered, dual cased, 35ed, locked, slidered. -Sold, to pay for Jeep parts!
post #20 of 368 Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Rock God

supposed to get snow this weekend down to 3000 ft. it's my buddies 30th b-day this weekend so Ill be drunk saturday and hung-over sunday anyway

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #21 of 368 Old 03-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Granite Guru

would love to do a Rubicon run, won't be ready until I replace my front axle, lockers, and gears which will hopefully be around June.

Replacing my skycrapper 4 inch lift with a TFLA 6inch this week.
post #22 of 368 Old 03-21-2009, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I know what you mean about wheeling on wet trails. I try to minimize leaving ruts but there are a bunch of "yahoos" out there that think it's fun. And we all know what those ruts are like when they dry out. As far as a time to go all I need is a little notice. The last few times I have been up there we try to start the trail on a Thursday or Friday to beat the weekenders. So if possible a mid week run might be in order, that is if we can work out vacations and such. But I do want to try a late spring overnighter if possible, but really doesn't have to be the Rubicon.
post #23 of 368 Old 03-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Granite Guru

i'm just outside of sacramento. been waiting to lift the jk before i make any of these runs. hope to do that real soon so i can join you guys.

Mike M

2013 2dr rubi
MC 2.5", Fox RR TF tuned shocks, TF carrier, Viair, TL's and so on...... still on stock tires
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 368 Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Skype™ to rage344

hey brand new to the jeep game i bought one yesterday and i would love to get my nice new/used jeep all dirty anyone vailable to go out this weekend somewhere i live in monterey on the navy installation out here and been dying out here with nothing to do
post #25 of 368 Old 03-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Thanks for posting. Welcome to the phone booth . Hollister hills is a good place to go. I think it's about halfway between the bay area and monterey. I'd be happy to meet you out there some time. This weekend is not good as I am preparing for a trip to johnson valley.

Also heads up that HH is closed this weekend, I think for a motocross race... seems like these days you have a good shot at meeting up with a bunch of Bay Area JK'ers almost any weekend you pick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode