Danville tonight..... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Danville tonight.....

I thought I was the only JK'er in, Danville or these parts. It was a nice surprise to see another JK tonight. Black 2 door with proline accessories sticker on the windshield and a bestop softop. It was parked at Patelco parking lot around 5pm.

(Is that the bestop trektop? If so, how do you like it? I have mine sitting in the garage was going to wait until spring to put it on.)

Larry

Silver, Sahara, 6-Speed 4x4, 18" Wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Rock God

That's notheride and "edit"

"CUTTS CREW"
07 Unlimited Sport
Snork
Bunch of Other Stuff
post #3 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARDUP View Post
That's notheride and he's suppose to take that sticker off or he's gonna be installing that lift alone on Saturday
What's he installing? I'm swinging by for the install...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

I work in San Ramon and always see JKs.
post #5 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
JKO Addict!

I plead the fisith !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites

Last edited by nootherride; 01-07-2011 at 09:46 PM.
post #6 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LheartL View Post
I thought I was the only JK'er in, Danville or these parts. It was a nice surprise to see another JK tonight. Black 2 door with proline accessories sticker on the windshield and a bestop softop. It was parked at Patelco parking lot around 5pm.

(Is that the bestop trektop? If so, how do you like it? I have mine sitting in the garage was going to wait until spring to put it on.)

Larry
Hey! Ya i been down here (alamo) since Xmas off n on....Trektop is cool much better Than my factory one that was falling apart...get a lot of compliments on the look..

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #7 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yikes, sorry nootherride - didn't mean to open this up. I parked in front of you. It was nice to see one of us so close to home.

post #8 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the softop note. Yours was the first I saw in person. Looking forward to putting mine on. Might do it sooner now.

Good luck tomorrow.

post #9 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepingGreen View Post
What's he installing? I'm swinging by for the install...
Procomp lift I got, For x-mas...Havnt found much about reviews so I guesss We shall sees! Excited should be a good time as always!

post #10 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Thanks for the softop note. Yours was the first I saw in person. Looking forward to putting mine on. Might do it sooner now.

Good luck tomorrow.
When it warms/clears up it will be the best way to go till then I just Keep the heat goin With the cool air...perfect combo

post #11 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
Procomp lift I got, For x-mas...Havnt found much about reviews so I guesss We shall sees! Excited should be a good time as always!
What's all in it? Coils, shocks, control arms?

post #12 of 18 Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepingGreen View Post
What's all in it? Coils, shocks, control arms?
Pretty basic I believe....shocks,springs, bumpstops,Links, track bar bracket, might. Be more Not sure...added a steering stabilizer to it tho

Last edited by nootherride; 01-07-2011 at 10:43 PM.
post #13 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
I run a Pro Comp 4" and it works pretty good...I think the front springs limit the up travel a bit (they look partially compressed at rest) but the ride is pretty good. Doesn't seem to jack up the ESP either.

.....its time to go insane.........Cages, Bumpers/Stingers, Sliders, and Skids
Check us out on FaceBook
Home of the Full 10 Point, custom 5150 Fabrication cage. "PATENT PENDING DESIGN"
post #14 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 06:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROCZ View Post
I run a Pro Comp 4" and it works pretty good...I think the front springs limit the up travel a bit (they look partially compressed at rest) but the ride is pretty good. Doesn't seem to jack up the ESP either.
Hahah yup that's what they are all saying in the. Other thread I dig it love. The look...love how much taller I am then everyone else...pretty sure that with my soft top and chopped bumper I netted a lot more that 2.5 overall for the price I'm stoked... And I think leaving the cam bolts out was the right idea..also bumpstops will go on if I go to 35s

post #15 of 18 Old 01-22-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hey Nootherride, how much wind noise do you have with your top? I just installed mine and there is a ton of wind noise coming from the driver and passenger doors. Any tips to quite the noise?

post #16 of 18 Old 01-22-2011, 09:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Hey Nootherride, how much wind noise do you have with your top? I just installed mine and there is a ton of wind noise coming from the driver and passenger doors. Any tips to quite the noise?
ditch the factory channel...get the smittybilt one...mines really quiet at 70mph makes me also think your not waterproof aswell
the top needs to fit into the water channel like the factory one....the new channel helps with this...if your not able to do a new channel make sure you heat up the fabric so it stretches out... lift the rain flaps.... if it looks like this its wrong!
call 4 wheel parts in oakland ask for Dave....tell him Richard sent you and you want the smittybilt channel

Last edited by nootherride; 01-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.
post #17 of 18 Old 01-22-2011, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the tips. I am using the header channel that came with it. I'll give Oakland 4wd a call on Monday.

Since I had it the way you showed going over the weather strip I pushed it inside. It helped a bit but man there's still a ton of wind noise.. Looking forward to trying out the smittybilt header.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Larry

post #18 of 18 Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I am using the header channel that came with it. I'll give Oakland 4wd a call on Monday.

Since I had it the way you showed going over the weather strip I pushed it inside. It helped a bit but man there's still a ton of wind noise.. Looking forward to trying out the smittybilt header.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Larry

ya sailacloth is a tricky but durable material...in the instructions it mentions installing in 72*degree weather....good luck i belive it was 38 when mine was done, the smittybilt header makes it so you are able to get a complete seal not completely in the channel but enough to seal...only heat will make it plyable enough to seat foward....my top was originally very loud but from the pic you can see why...then again i never cared to own the hardtop...currently i am surprised at how quiet it is compared to the factory softop.

Last edited by nootherride; 01-22-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode