NorCal / Turlock "Installation Party" - Saturday, 11/20 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

NorCal / Turlock "Installation Party" - Saturday, 11/20

Okay, for those of you who have either anxiously or patiently awaited this date, the "Installation Party" for my DynaTrac PR44 has been set! I'll be taking delivery tomorrow!

Date: Saturday, November 20th
Time: Ass-early, to ass-late (Translation 9:00 am - ??)

NOTE: Two venues would have been preferred for location, resources, etc. Shaffer's Off-Road (thank you, Mike), and Jason Mac's Pro-Line Shop (thank you, Jason), however due to either Baja 1000 commitments, or time alotted, we were unable to make the Installation Party work at those locations for this particular install. Thanks to both Mike Shaffer and Jason Mac for either offering or being open to using their respective shops!

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES:
  • rubirobv
  • Eugene
  • sbron
  • Marcy
  • 09Rubicon
  • caligirl
  • the rest to be determined...
SCOPE OF INSTALL: All phases of the D30 for PR44 axle swap, and related items, including but not limited to, wrenching, observing, talking crap, consuming BBQ/beverages, and/or socializing. Also, I will be trying to document & photograph this install, for an a write-up on JKO/Pirate.

Phase One:
  • Remove D30
  • Install Reid Racing Knuckles on Pro-Rock 44
  • Install Poly Performance Upper Track Bar bracket on frame rail
  • Install Rock Krawler UCA Johnny Joint
  • Install RCVs (measure clearance and determine if "grooving" is necessary)
  • Install Brakes from D30 onto PR44
  • Install Coast 1310 Driveshaft/Plate
  • Install assembled Pro-Rock into JK
  • Install second RK upper control-arm
  • Flip ball-joints on Rock Krawler HD Tie-Rod
  • Set Steering Stops on Reids
  • Fill with diff fluid
  • Check connections for ESC
  • Test braking, steering, and highway speed
  • Drink a couple of man-sodas
Phase Two:
  • Run/Install Stainless/Braided Lines from Air Manifold/Solenoids (pre-installed) to respective ARB lockers (front & rear)
  • Re-Install custom fabricated RROR skid plate for Evap + Modified Viair Air-Tank, and re-connect wiring and supply line
  • Test OBA system for leaks and pressure
  • Test ARB lockers
Phase Three:
  • Set bump stops (front & rear)
  • Mark over-axle pipe where it needs to be bent/modified (hits track bar)
Remaining Items to be Coordinated:
  • Food & Drink: I do not have a barbeque. If someone has one, and wants to bring one, then that is fine. If not, I have a kitchen. I don't know how to use it, but someone else is more than welcome to it. Based on replies & suggestions, I will buy appropriate food & drink...
  • Furniture: I just moved into this apartment, and haven't even had my sofa/loveseat delivered. Although furniture wouldn't really help, since the Install Party is primarily in my garage! If you can, bring a camping chair!
  • Tools: I have a lean amount of hand tools, a brand new torque wrench, (4) 4-ton jack stands, and a new 3-ton hydraulic jack. I do not have an electric impact gun. If you have one, and feel like bringing it, you'll be a hero. I "think" I still have my pry bar, and a small hammer. If you have a small sledge, please bring. 35mm axle nut socket... I've ordered one today, but it may or may not arrive by Friday. If not, I'll need to borrow one (Brian you said you have one?) If anyone wants to bring a couple of extra rachets, that may help, so we don't all have to share ONE.
  • Brunettes, Blondes, & Redheads: We have (1) redhead confirmed, (1) blonde confirmed, and sadly enough, we do not yet have (1) brunette confirmed. This is serious guys. Someone needs to step up.
  • Man-Sodas: I'll purchase some man-sodas, but if there is a particular persuasion that you prefer, please bring it along.
  • Volunteer for Operating iPod for Tunes: Marcy??? Leesa???
  • Volunteer for Documenting Install: Marcy??? Leesa???
  • Volunteer for Photographing Install: Marcy??? Leesa???
  • Volunteer for Interjecting Smartass Comments: Scott (09Rubicon)???
Anyway, this should be a good time! I have music, a kitchen, a garage, a JK, a bunch of parts, and a lot of sarcasm. I'm thinking if we mix all of this together, an "installation" should occur!

In addition to those confirmed above, this "Installation Party" is open to all JKO members. Simply PM me, and confirm attendance, and I'll shoot you my address. Thanks to my friends who have agreed to come down and help with the install, and I'll look forward to meeting some new friends as well!

RC
Attached Images

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Rock God

Getting to either Mikes or Jasons shop is one hell of a drive. I think most of us will be at Jasons Saturday, and Of course monitoring Mike's travels with the 1000 Good luck, look forward to pics
post #3 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

What can I bring?
post #4 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
What can I bring?
Dunno yet. Since I can't cook, and do not have a barbeque, what do you suggest? I can buy food, but can't prep it. Thoughts???

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #5 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post
Dunno yet. Since I can't cook, and do not have a barbeque, what do you suggest? I can buy food, but can't prep it. Thoughts???

RC
I can make some homemade chili and that would be enough to feed a ton of people...
post #6 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I can make some homemade chili and that would be enough to feed a ton of people...
Whoa! You would do that?!? That is bad ass. Yes, please!

I can buy pizza, or burgers/chicken, if someone knows how to cook it on a stove. I will also get chips, salsa, snacks, and shit like that.

for Marcy!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #7 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 PM
JKO Addict!

im gonna be at the sf build...
post #8 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
im gonna be at the sf build...
Cool, it sounds like a great time. If you're still out and about, feel free to stop by this one. Otherwise, another time...

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #9 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Rock God

Arg, wish this wasn't on the same day as the other gathering. Can't go to both :/
post #10 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DiscoBayJoe

I'm supposed to be heading to my parent's place near Mariposa for an early Thanksgiving this Saturday. That means I would be passing thru Turlock on the 99 at some point that morning. I wouldn't be able to stay long enough to be of any real value to the install, but It could be cool to stop by for a meet & greet and to lend a hand should it be needed while there (maybe an hour, something like 10AM-11AM... Supposed to be in Mariposa around Noon).

2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate
post #11 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBayJoe View Post
I'm supposed to be heading to my parent's place near Mariposa for an early Thanksgiving this Saturday. That means I would be passing thru Turlock on the 99 at some point that morning. I wouldn't be able to stay long enough to be of any real value to the install, but It could be cool to stop by for a meet & greet and to lend a hand should it be needed while there (maybe an hour, something like 10AM-11AM... Supposed to be in Mariposa around Noon).
I'll PM you my address. It would be good to meet & greet. Sounds good!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #12 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Rock God

You know, I may be able to go. With the weather this weekend, it sounds liek snow here. Which would prevent me from going and spending the night in SF. So its not a for sure, but would be fun to do something with Jeepers this weekend. And I know my way around a garage
post #13 of 149 Old 11-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Rock God

I'm going to Proline in Sf.... sorry things didn't work out but its understandable. Depending on whether or not I'm using my dd I might stop by later.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
post #14 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka
Arg, wish this wasn't on the same day as the other gathering. Can't go to both :/

This is the new world over here. Simply put, we are going to have a huge Wrenchfest or just a fest on the next one where we all get together. Then as Himoney said all of us degenerates can just keep degenerating.

If Hogg has it his way it won't take long. LOL.

Cutts Crew

Quote:
Orginal Quote from cjcraig7 "Every time I hang out with you Cutts fucks, one of you inevitably gets pissed and vandalizes my shit."
post #15 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

There is plenty of time for gatherings and for degeneration. With the the number of relatively crazy JKOwners that were here in the phonebooth, to you crazy one just coming aboard, I have a feeling that 2011 will be an interesting year! Dennis (Hit) hit it right on the head!

I'm down for future wrenchfests, BBQfests, wheelingfests, or NFL cheerleader tryoutfests.

RC
post #16 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Rock God

Cheefleaders! I'm in.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
post #17 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Granite Guru

I wish I could be there all day, but I can drop by in the late afternoon.

Michael Stead's Hilltop Jeep
Richmond, CA
post #18 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 11:05 AM

My red hair is gone! But I have a friend who lives in Turlock, is it ok if she comes too?
post #19 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
My red hair is gone! But I have a friend who lives in Turlock, is it ok if she comes too?
No way, are you serious??? What color now? Pics, or it didn't happen.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #20 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Wheeler

Want to come but going to be in Reno Thurs-Sat. If I'm back by the afternoon I'll try to check in and come drink your if you're still working on it.

Cheers
Will
post #21 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Rock God

As a curiousity, you live in an apartment. Does this mean you do, or do not have a garage? Because its going to be a bit wet Saturday.
post #22 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
As a curiousity, you live in an apartment. Does this mean you do, or do not have a garage? Because its going to be a bit wet Saturday.
Hell, anybody can wrench in a warm dry well equiped garage. But it really hones your field repair skills to wrench in the rain with nothing but a beer and a jackstand. And I don't think it rains in In Turdlock 'cause God doesn't know where it is
post #23 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Rock God

Hey Rubirob, Marcy, and anybody here in the area; Do we want to convoy on down there? Let me know because I need to go by you on my way. Rob, you know the area well so I'll let you pick the spot if interested.
post #24 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Wheeler

I will bring my table-top gas grill, ground beef, frozen french fries, cheese, etc. One idea: the french fries and cheese, combined with Marcy's chili would make chili-cheese french fries--very tasty.
Ron
post #25 of 149 Old 11-17-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterWiLD View Post
Want to come but going to be in Reno Thurs-Sat. If I'm back by the afternoon I'll try to check in and come drink your if you're still working on it.

Cheers
Will
Sounds like a plan! I don't have it yet, but it is on the agenda for Friday night's shopping trip.

RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
Great question, and one I should have covered in the post. I have an oversized, attached, garage, to my apartment. It is the nicest garage (size & orientation) that I have seen with an apartment. And it's deeeeeep, so there is plenty of room for people to sit around and criticize, while others work underneath her, up front!

RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Hell, anybody can wrench in a warm dry well equiped garage. But it really hones your field repair skills to wrench in the rain with nothing but a beer and a jackstand. And I don't think it rains in In Turdlock 'cause God doesn't know where it is
True that... Turlock is out here... It is precisely 20 minutes south of Modesto, on Hwy 99.

RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Hey Rubirob, Marcy, and anybody here in the area; Do we want to convoy on down there? Let me know because I need to go by you on my way. Rob, you know the area well so I'll let you pick the spot if interested.
Great idea, but if Brian's driving, I'd pick a different designated driver!

RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbron View Post
I will bring my table-top gas grill, ground beef, frozen french fries, cheese, etc. One idea: the french fries and cheese, combined with Marcy's chili would make chili-cheese french fries--very tasty.
Ron
Ron, great call on the grill!

Just for the record, tonight I bought 4 pounds of 93% lean hamburger meat, and 24 Turkey Dogs (gotta go lean), buns, condiments, baked beans, plates, cups, napkins, plasticware, chips, salsa, soda, and bottled water. Still going to need to pick-up beer, along with sometype of other "side" and then stuff for dessert.

IMPORTANT NOTATION TO ALL: I bought it, but I have absolutely NO IDEA on how to prepare it. Will need volunteer for cooking!

This is coming along!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode