What Was I/He/She/They THINKING!? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
What Was I/He/She/They THINKING!?

Looking for some good "wtf" pics.. Not trying to be mean or nasty - just looking for some funny head-slappers...

I love this pic, because you can see the nice line of Jeeps on the road.. HeepinJim is in the foreground executing a 5-point turnaround, but there in the background is MBATF - nowhere near the road.. David's a good sport, so I'm hoping he won't kill me for posting this... It took like an hour of digging and winching (with the pull-pal) to get him out..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JeepingGreen; 11-16-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Wheeler

Who is that jeep off the trail with the red jerry cans? WTF

2007 Rubicon 4 Door- Stock for now Soon Metalcloak/Poly

2007 RUBICON 4 DOOR-3.5 Rustys lift with arms, 1.25 Body lift,Rancho 9000RS shocks 37 KM2's Sold
post #3 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDYJ View Post
Who is that jeep off the trail with the red jerry cans? WTF
That's David... I should put another Waldo hat on him...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepingGreen View Post
That's David... I should put another Waldo hat on him...
I Defy you

2007 Rubicon 4 Door- Stock for now Soon Metalcloak/Poly

2007 RUBICON 4 DOOR-3.5 Rustys lift with arms, 1.25 Body lift,Rancho 9000RS shocks 37 KM2's Sold
post #5 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDYJ View Post
I Defy you
Sorry, it's the best I can do here at work (I only have MS Paint to work with)..

post #6 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
-T-
Rock God

Dave likes those hard lines

I laugh, I smile, I bounce..............JEEP
post #7 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Way to go Dave ...
post #8 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Here's another one.. After a morning of smack-talking on Jeeps, this genious got his Ford stuck in the Jungle (with 4-5 of our Jeeps blocked in behind him).. He was leaking gas all over the place and ultimately ran out.. The funny thing is - even after 90 minutes of trying to get out, the 3 passengers were STILL IN THE VEHICLE.. It wasn't until the very very end of the ordeal that somebody FINALLY figured out that it might be easier to get him out without the passengers (500 lbs of dead weight)...

After he finally got out, HoggStatus walked through (no lockers or gears back then) like it was nothing...

post #9 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Rock God

David don't feel bad I did the same thing. I'll see if I can find the photo. Basically what happened was we were wheeling as a group up near Georgetown when we decided that we were going to turn around. There was this nice big expanse of virgin snow that I figured would make a great poser shot. You know where there are no footprints of tire tracks. Well I drive out into it and get stuck. Try to dig it out but that was no help. The way I was stuck no one could get a good pull on me so I decided to winch. Was side pulling and rocking back and forth when I caught a burried rut and popped the bead on the drivers front. Fixing a bead is no fun in the snow, but I did learn that it is a good idea to bring a sheet of plywood for a jack base though.
So I get the tire reseated and commence trying to pull my self out when pfffft! pop the bead for a second time. Needlless to say it took awhile to get unstuck.
post #10 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I wish I had a photo of it, but on that same snow run, I got myself stuck - alone.. I had arrived the day before the trip and decided to survey the trail.. Well, when the snow started to get deeper, I decided to do the smart thing and turn around.. As I was turning around, I pulled just a bit too far onto the shoulder and my 2 front tires just dropped.. I was laid out like a beached whale - not budging.. It took a good 90 minutes of digging (with my little Gerber folding shovel) and I FINALLY got out.. Funny enough, just as I got it free, I turned around to see a group of 4-5 Jeeps returning from a snow run... They must have been watching me for like 10 minutes laughing their asses off.. Oi..

post #11 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
The Boss of Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
That looks like one of Lance's friends
It's welndmn from PBB aka Jeff Mello's co-driver in the same vehicle Lance is driving in the Baja 1000 in 2 days.

Check out my cupcakes!

post #12 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

That looks like one of Lance's friends
post #13 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
It's welndmn from PBB aka Jeff Mello's co-driver in the same vehicle Lance is driving in the Baja 1000 in 2 days.
His shot belt is almost as cool as mine
post #14 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Rock God

the worst part of the bronco ordeal was we ran out of beer!!!! now i carry extra just in case!
post #15 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Hopefully they remember to fill the tank...

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #16 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:21 PM
The Boss of Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinespence View Post
the worst part of the bronco ordeal was we ran out of beer!!!! now i carry extra just in case!
It seems there is also more to the story. Perhaps someone needed a tow?

Check out my cupcakes!

post #17 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
It seems there is also more to the story. Perhaps someone needed a tow?
That story just got a little more interesting
post #18 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Hopefully they remember to fill the tank...
I think they actually started with plenty of gas.. The problem (from what I understand) was 2-part: 1, there was a big rut right there which tipped the Bronco to damn-near verticle, spilling the gas out of the tank (it came right back out of the filler cap) and 2, the carburetor couldn't keep gas pumping when the vehicle was verticle... It seemed like a bad-ass Bronco - just not the right trail for it, I suppose.. There was a Harvester right behind us who got stuck trying to take the bypass and ultimately put an engine fan blade into the radiator, ending his day real quick...

The real "wtf was I thinking" award here probably should go to ME for following HoggStatus - I didn't even know I was doing the Jungle..

post #19 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Rock God

Wasn't that the trip coy flipped his trailer?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
post #20 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinespence View Post
Wasn't that the trip coy flipped his trailer?

Yep, it was... I wasn't going to post that up though - since some damage was done.. I was tempted but the spirit of the thread was more "D'OH!" than "F*CK!!".

post #21 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Rock God

It was awesome and you have pics of it mid flip

post #22 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepingGreen View Post
Here's another one.. After a morning of smack-talking on Jeeps, this genious got his Ford stuck in the Jungle (with 4-5 of our Jeeps blocked in behind him).. He was leaking gas all over the place and ultimately ran out.. The funny thing is - even after 90 minutes of trying to get out, the 3 passengers were STILL IN THE VEHICLE.. It wasn't until the very very end of the ordeal that somebody FINALLY figured out that it might be easier to get him out without the passengers (500 lbs of dead weight)...

After he finally got out, HoggStatus walked through (no lockers or gears back then) like it was nothing...

I remember that like it was yesterday....HeepenJim: "Ok this is the last trail of the day, should take more that 15-20 mins!!!" 2 1/2 hours later the JK'S make it through no problem!! Well wait come to think of it Jim broke off a mount for the step rail!!

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
post #23 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #24 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
Holy shit! I can't top that!

post #25 of 36 Old 11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
OH MY GOODNESS!! yeah no one can top that!!! I'm speechless!!

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode