JKOwners Forum banner

Wrenching Party

7K views 114 replies 19 participants last post by  R8R ROK 
#1 · (Edited)
Curious if anyone might be interested in a wrenching party in the coming weeks? I have a few maintenance concerns I need to take care of (maybe a few more after the Rubicon this weekend)..

Anyway, the last one we had went swimmingly.. :massey:

I'm thinking maybe the 13th or the 20th - Bay Area..

#11 ·
Marcy, Marcy, Marcy.....how are you going to learn if you don't try? Come on by and watch. I have learned so much just by watching. And when you feel more confident then you start small and go from there. Except for the ring and pinion I have done everything on my Jeep.

#21 ·
ill make the trip with you if you go:D

#17 · (Edited)
The date is still up in the air.. This is just a "feeler" thread - to see if there's enough interest.. It seems like there is - now we just need to decide on the place and the date...

I thought I had posted these pics on my site but I hadn't.. Anyway, here are some shots of the last Meet/Greet/BBQ/Wrenching party... Yep, there's even 1 of Blueberry Pie! Still has the window sticker on it... It was a GREAT time - even if just to watch, munch and drink!

#46 · (Edited)
A real Wrenchfest is.......
....Where the the progress made is inversely proportional to the amount of beer drank, and where the vehicles owner wishes every one would just go home.

...It's where, when your done, something is either scratched or broken and every one pats you on the back and tells you "It'll buff out" of "You didn't need that (insert part here) anyway"

...Is when the people who really know what they are doing sit back and quietly watch while the sidewalk superintendant, who has actually never held a wrench, tells people how it should be done. Then he shows them...which leads to the previous example.

...As it gets dark and your not finished because you have had to re-do everything two or three times, people start looking at their watches and say 'Ooh,look at the time, I have to get home to walk my um...err.. hamster' or 'You look like your about done so I'll be heading home' leaving you with an unfinished project and a mess to clean up. Did you know that people working on projects can only drink half a can of whatever. You find the left over beverage cans in the most unusual places.

Now I'm not saying that the above will happen, but I've seen it.....trust me.

#50 ·
Eugene said:
A real Wrenchfest is.......
....Where the the progress made is inversely proportional to the amount of beer drank, and where the vehicles owner wishes every one would just go home.

...It's where, when your done, something is either scratched or broken and every one pats you on the back and tells you "It'll buff out" of "You didn't need that (insert part here) anyway"

...Is when the people who really know what they are doing sit back and quietly watch while the sidewalk superintendant, who has actually never held a wrench, tells people how it should be done. Then he shows them...which leads to the previous example.

...As it gets dark and your not finished because you have had to re-do everything two or three times, people start looking at their watches and say 'Ooh,look at the time, I have to get home to walk my um...err.. hamster' or 'You look like your about done so I'll be heading home' leaving you with an unfinished project and a mess to clean up. Did you know that people working on projects can only drink half a can of whatever. You find the left over beverage cans in the most unusual places.

Now I'm not saying that the above will happen, but I've seen it.....trust me.
That is exactly what I thought.
Thanks for clarifying.

#51 ·
Ok.... Since I sent a email trying to get my REAL NAME....and never got a reply, I started another Profile!!

#58 ·
i vote the muffler shop! lifts, tools, plus looks like there plenty of parking if there ends up being a big group..hoggs spot isnt bad eaither if we have the forklift ;) but whatever works best for everyone counts! i will just be down in the bay the 18-21st and i might have a lift,diff covers skids and sway bar discos:):)

#62 ·
I see!!! Well glad to join the party then!! :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.