SWAMP LAKE/DUSY LABOR DAY WEEKEND - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 08-30-2010, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

SWAMP LAKE/DUSY LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Thinking about heading up to shaver lake this weekend, any one interested??

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 PM
VKS Fab

I'll be up there!! I ran swamp this last weekend. I have my trailer up there towards the bottom of the trail head for deer season. Let me know if your gonna be in those parts.

Handmade One At A Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #3 of 21 Old 08-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Rock God

Garage

I be at the Con for the Cantina!

Hey Drew...call me I left you a message......

Kevin

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #4 of 21 Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Running Swamp Lake or Coyote or first part of Dusy on Saturday, Sept 4th, meet in Shaver Lake around 9 am

post #5 of 21 Old 08-31-2010, 05:14 PM
JKowners Vendor

Hey Drew - I've been planning to do Swamp lake this weekend, for over a month. There's a big group going in for a poker run. I think they will be at the trailhead about 10:00. I'd like to get out ahead of them - thoughts about timing? Is 9:00 at Shaver early enough? Never run it before...

RubiRob and I fo sho. Hundy 70% BTW, Oleg and "the Red October" planned on going too, but he got arrested and has a court date next week. He said it's no big deal and just part of his job. Other than that, I don't know the story. Looking forward to hearing it though.

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:

post #6 of 21 Old 08-31-2010, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

That will be cool Brett, getting to Shaver at 9 then to the trail head will be close to the 10 group, earlier would be better but I'm heading up there from SLO that morning. Is your group driving up that morning or are you camping out up there?

post #7 of 21 Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 PM
JKowners Vendor

We will be up there on Friday night. Thinking about getting hotel rooms. Believe it or not, there is availability - just called. For them to rent for a single night, we'll have to call on Thursday to make a reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
That will be cool Brett, getting to Shaver at 9 then to the trail head will be close to the 10 group, earlier would be better but I'm heading up there from SLO that morning. Is your group driving up that morning or are you camping out up there?

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:

post #8 of 21 Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I probably should get there Friday night then, what hotel were you looking at? Even staying in Fresno wouldnt be bad, its only like 45 min up the hill to shaver

post #9 of 21 Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
I probably should get there Friday night then, what hotel were you looking at? Even staying in Fresno wouldnt be bad, its only like 45 min up the hill to shaver
Just booked a room at the Musick shit-hole-chalet (I've never seen the place, so I don't really know what it's like). $150 for the room, but they'd do just one night. Sign of the times. I know that they had a room for $100, but I have four people with me.

I think Rob may be driving up Friday morning, not certain though.

Here's a link: HOTEL

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #10 of 21 Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 PM
JKowners Vendor

Here's the address for the saturday morning meeting spot:

Musick Creek Inn, 41325 Tollhouse Road, Shaver Lake, CA 93664

Will post a time asap.

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #11 of 21 Old 09-03-2010, 05:27 PM
JKowners Vendor

don't know if anybody else is going, but it looks like an 8:00 meeting time at the hotel. I'm in room 52

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #12 of 21 Old 09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

I wanna come.... but I can't use my doors right now and it is suppose to be in the lower 40s over night. Not sure I can handle a five hour drive in that without doors. Yeah... I am a puss. You guys have fun!

P.S. I still have your caps!
post #13 of 21 Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Thean (& Drew), thanks again for the invite today, I appreciate it. I've decided to sit this one out, and come again when I'm back in 4WD...

While you're there, raise a glass for the guy with the busted leg and 2WD!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #14 of 21 Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 PM
JKowners Vendor

Saturday, we ended up running the first part of Swamp Lake then Mirror lake. Mirror lake trail is short but VERY fun. Camped at Mirror and it was amazing camping. At over 9600 feet it did get cold, but we came prepared. Ran Swamp backwards on Sunday. Another great trail, but we had to rush it. We didn't get on the trail until 2:00. I figured out what not to do on Rooster Rock or Rooster Hill or whatever it's called. We'll have to see if any vid of that shows up.

Made it home - there was some doubt there for a while. Had a bad vibration. Pulled the front drive shaft, no help. Re-installed the front DS and pulled the rear. Vibration gone and drove 300 miles in 4WD.

Thanks to Drew and crew, for showing us around.

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #15 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 AM
JKO Addict!

X2... Thanks Drew and Thean for showing us around. This was my first trip to that part of Cali and well worth the drive. I'd like to go back and get to know the area. I like how Woods and I ran Swamp Lake trail. That would be my choice every time. Mirror Lake had the best camping. Next time I'm bringing my fishing pole. We had great weather, but these trails are the dustiest I've been on.

Brett, glad to see you made it home.
post #16 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 05:24 PM
JKowners Vendor

I've been asked to post pictures from the trip, so here's a link to picture of Mirror Lake. If it were not for the fish jumping, it would have been a mirror. LINK

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #17 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 PM
JKowners Vendor

Only have three others.

Great fire rings at Mirror Lake

This is a DEEP mine up above Swamp Lake. I don't know why it's only dangerous for Mexicans, but it was marked Peligro all over the entrance. I haven't seen many, but this was by far the largest mine entrance that I've seen.

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #18 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
I've been asked to post pictures from the trip, so here's a link to picture of Mirror Lake. If it were not for the fish jumping, it would have been a mirror. LINK

I remember it a little differently---

"Where the fuck are yours' and Rob's pics from your fucking Swamp Lake trip? Why the fuck havent you posted them yet?"

then, it was---

"I dont know why I would expect to see pics for the Swamp Lake run---- You and Rob STILL havent posted your fucking pics from our fucking Rubicon trip fucking 2 months ago!"

Btw- nice pics!

(a few Margs)

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #19 of 21 Old 09-18-2010, 12:55 PM
JKowners Vendor

couple of vids, just to piss you off a little more.

What not to do on Rooster Rock
YouTube - Swamp Lake Trail / Rooster Rock

Dash Cam view of the same
YouTube - What not to do on Rooster Rock Swamp Lake Trail

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #20 of 21 Old 09-18-2010, 01:27 PM
JKO Addict!

"GET AN AUTOMATIC"! LOL

Pucker moment fo sho.

Thanks for the vids!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #21 of 21 Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
I remember it a little differently---

"Where the fuck are yours' and Rob's pics from your fucking Swamp Lake trip? Why the fuck havent you posted them yet?"

then, it was---

"I dont know why I would expect to see pics for the Swamp Lake run---- You and Rob STILL havent posted your fucking pics from our fucking Rubicon trip fucking 2 months ago!"

Btw- nice pics!

(a few Margs)

No s***. I have all the vid but editing is a pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode