Co2 refills in bay area? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 12-15-2016, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Co2 refills in bay area?

Hey gang.... contemplating Co2 and have checked pricing on refills. Seems like a complete rip off but what do I know?

I got a quote of ~$36 from AirGas to refill a 20# tank. Is this the going rate? Are there better, less cost prohibitive sources for Co2?

Thanks!

YouTube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-15-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
Hey gang.... contemplating Co2 and have checked pricing on refills. Seems like a complete rip off but what do I know?

I got a quote of ~$36 from AirGas to refill a 20# tank. Is this the going rate? Are there better, less cost prohibitive sources for Co2?

Thanks!
I use Carbonics in San Jose. They fill while you wait.
post #3 of 16 Old 12-15-2016, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason mac View Post
I use Carbonics in San Jose. They fill while you wait.
Cool, man. Thanks. Any idea on cost?

It seems that there are only a few places that will re-fill *your* tank and not require you to do an exchange.

YouTube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 12-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Research, bro!

Garage

I last paid $28 for a 15# at Airgas. (San Carlos) Though Jonboy recently said they raised prices quite significantly. My tank just emptied and I plan on going down and seeing for myself shortly.

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

A proud part of the Cutts!
post #5 of 16 Old 12-15-2016, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRauzer View Post
I last paid $28 for a 15# at Airgas. (San Carlos) Though Jonboy recently said they raised prices quite significantly. My tank just emptied and I plan on going down and seeing for myself shortly.
Cool. thanks. Sounds like I am in the ballpark then with the quote that I got from AirGas in Dublin.

YouTube channel

post #6 of 16 Old 12-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

Always use carbonic services in Santa Clara. It's about $28 and fill while you wait.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Unspoilt by progress.
post #7 of 16 Old 12-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Doh. See Jason already posted that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Unspoilt by progress.
post #8 of 16 Old 12-16-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlyswine View Post
Always use carbonic services in Santa Clara. It's about $28 and fill while you wait.

Me too. Very fast service.
post #9 of 16 Old 12-18-2016, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Actually, it was not AirGas that refills your tank around here. It is Coast Fire in Livermore. AirGas in Dublin does a swap only.

Coast fire charges $33 before tax to fill a 20# tank.

As it turns out, they are next door to Turbohoses.com, which is a Lotus shop with a dyno. This is the shop I spoke to about dynoing my jeep. The owner is pretty knowledgeable.

YouTube channel

post #10 of 16 Old 12-26-2016, 03:25 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome To C.R. Fireline, Inc- Fire Protection Equipment & Supplies, Fire Sprinkler & Alarm Systems, Sales, Service & Maintenance...
I go here. they fill while you wait and have always been fast, like right away fast. Last time i filled my tank it was less than $25.

Its not a fashion show
post #11 of 16 Old 12-28-2016, 05:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I got a 10# kit for Christmas. Got it filled today at a place in GA called CO2 Air for $10.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Goodyear MTR Kevlar 35's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland, HEMI

- SOLD
post #12 of 16 Old 02-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Wheeler

East Bay welding supply in Martinez is a great place. Most of the time they will do it while you wait.

15 JKUHR, 3" Tera Springs, J-Axis CA's, 37" MTR's stock Rubi wheels, Poison Spyder flares, JCR Crusader rear bumper, JCR truss, JKS C gussets, Rigid's, stock HR front bumper, Maximus 3 winch mount and striker bar, sPod, Smitty winch, etc...
post #13 of 16 Old 02-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Where's my coffee?

Garage

When I was still in the East Bay I used two places in Livermore to refill my 10 pound: Coast Fire Extinguisher which has already been mentioned, and Alliance Welding Supply on Greenville Road. Cheaper than Coast, but can't refill while you wait at the Livermore store. Some of their other branches can, but I'm not sure which ones. You'd just have to check with them and see. Could end up being closer to you anyway. If you end up going to the Livermore store, ask for Mark. GREAT guy! That's where I always did all of my welding supply business and he ALWAYS treated me like family.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #14 of 16 Old 02-13-2017, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

okay.... best price I found was $20 exchange on a 20# tank at the local grow shop. Weed co2 totally works on jeep tires.

Lucky Garden in Dublin

YouTube channel

post #15 of 16 Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Research, bro!

Garage

Airgas (San Carlos) definitely has gotten out of hand per Jon's experience. Just had my 15# filled up. $56.52 with taxes. I checked my records and I was $32 w/ taxes early last summer. I'll have to bribe the 408 guys to take my tank with them while at future jeep nights when empty to Carbonics.

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

A proud part of the Cutts!
post #16 of 16 Old 03-20-2017, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRauzer View Post
Airgas (San Carlos) definitely has gotten out of hand per Jon's experience. Just had my 15# filled up. $56.52 with taxes. I checked my records and I was $32 w/ taxes early last summer. I'll have to bribe the 408 guys to take my tank with them while at future jeep nights when empty to Carbonics.
I have had quotes for $20 cash in Dublin and Livermore for a 20# tank. You gotta speak to the right person and specify cash.

If not a grow shop then try another welding supply shop or perhaps a fire extinguisher refilling place that does their own refills.

YouTube channel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode