post #1 of 418 Old 07-09-2010, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

The Build...

Look what is almost done...

RC
Attached Images

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by cruzcode; 11-21-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 418 Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

LAST NINE MONTHS: [PHASE COMPLETED]
  • AirAid CAI
  • aFe Throttle Body Spacer
  • aFe Cat-Back Exhaust
  • Superchips Flashpaq (uninstalled)
  • RROR Skid Plate System (w/ Evap + Air-Tank Option)
  • Viair Ultra-Duty OBA w/ custom built manifold
  • sPOD
  • BDS 4.5 Coil Spring Lift -- SOLD!!!
  • 35 x 12.50 x 17 Pro-Comp Extreme MTs (SOLD)
  • Hanson 66" Full Size Front Bumper (FOR SALE) -- SOLD!!!
  • Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
  • Smittybilt XRC-10 Winch w/ Synthetic Line -- SOLD!!!
  • Smittybilt Polished Hawse Fairlead -- SOLD!!!
  • PIAA 540 Extreme White Driving Lights (KC Windshield Mounts) -- MOVED TO CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER!
  • Poly Performance Fire Extinguisher Mount
  • H3R Chrome 2.5 lb Halgaurd Fire Extinguisher
  • One-Off Fab Compressor Mount
  • Cobra 75 w/ External Speaker / 3' Firestick / Teraflex Mount

LAST MONTH: [PHASE COMPLETED]
  • Toyo 37 x 13.50 x 17 Open Country Mud Terrains
  • River Raider Off-Road Narrow Width Tube Fenders
TODAY (7/9/10): [PHASE COMPLETED]
  • Rock Krawler 5.5 Triple Threat Long-Arm Lift -- REPLACED BDS Coil Spring Lift
  • Rock Krawler Tie-Rod
  • Bilstein 5100's
  • Fox Steering Stablizer
  • Poly Performance/Synergy Upper Track Bar Bracket
  • Poly Performance/Synergy Lower Track Bar Bracket
MONDAY (7/12/10): [PHASE COMPLETED]
  • Superior 35-spline Chromoly Axles (Rear)
  • ARB Locker 35-spline
  • 5.38 Gears
  • Overhaul Bearing Kit
  • Coast 1310 Driveshaft
  • ARB Differential Cover (painted Satin Black w/ Clearcoat)
  • Removal of front driveshaft to go 2WD until front-end is ordered, delivered, and installed
TUESDAY (9/14/10): [PHASE COMPLETED]
  • Dynatrac Pro-Rock 44 w/ Pro-Steers -- Ordered & coordinated from Poly Performance. These guys are outstanding!
  • ARB Locker
  • RCVs
  • 5.38 Gears
  • Reid Racing Knuckles
  • Coast 1310 Driveshaft
  • RROR Modification to Evap & Air-Tank Skid to work with RK Lift
  • Braided Lines for my OBA to my ARBs...
  • B&M Transmission Cooler & Nifty Grill Mesh
CURRENT PHASE: [CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS]
  • Roll Cage (Poly, PSC, or sometype of "full option" that is not yet available)
  • Another 2.5 lb Fire Extinguisher and Poly Mount
  • Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper (with D-Ring mounts, but without any attachments)
  • 5150 Fabrication Custom Stinger with support tubes designed by RC & 5150 -- INSTALLED!!
  • Lightforce Stryker 170 HID Lights -- INSTALLED!!
  • Warn 95cti Winch -- INSTALLED!!
  • Viking Synthetic Winch Line 3/8" x 100' (Orange) with Polished Safety Thimble -- INSTALLED!!
  • Poison Spyder Black Hawse Fairlead -- INSTALLED!!
  • Poison Spyder Fairlead Light Mounts (for PIAA's) -- INSTALLED!!
  • Aeroforce Gauge w/ Pod of sometype
  • Vision X LED Rock lights -- INSTALLED!!
  • Lighter weight, cooler (temp), hood
  • Ahem... cough, cough... A GM LS!!! - self-installed by DirtyRC of course.
  • Performance Brake Pads, and perhaps rotors
  • Hella European Replacement Headlights
  • EVO Rocker Rails
  • Beadlocks (TBD)
  • 39" Meats (TBD)
  • Wicked Stereo -- TBPO (To blow panties off...) -- In progress...
It's getting ready!!!
RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|

Last edited by cruzcode; 03-18-2012 at 09:51 PM.
post #3 of 418 Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks like fun.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #4 of 418 Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohn View Post
Looks like fun.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my 4.5" BDS Coil Spring Lift, but I've been wanting the RK setup for a long time...

In fact, I wanted it so badly, I changed it in my signature as soon as I bought it, before it was in! (I know, I know...)

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|

Last edited by cruzcode; 07-09-2010 at 11:15 PM.
post #5 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 06:34 AM
JKO Addict!

I hate you . Like my boss always says, " Go Big Or Go Home."
post #6 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
I hate you . Like my boss always says, " Go Big Or Go Home."
Don't hate, appreciate. I can't wait to test out this RK system!

I'm just hoping I can pick up the rig from the exhaust & alignment shop, so I don't have to ride a 10-speed to meet you guys at Carnegie tomorrow for Tri-Tip!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #7 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Oh and by the way, my "build" just got me banned from jk-forum!!! I couldn't wait to let everyone know about the mods that have finally been made, so we can get some wheeling time in, well apparently that isn't a good thing.

I'm still trying to figure out why, but apparently on jk-forum they don't want you to discuss your "builds" with the rest of the community! I was already 90/10 JKO to jkforum, so now that ratio went to 100/0!

Unbelievable.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #8 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post
Oh and by the way, my "build" just got me banned from jk-forum!!! I couldn't wait to let everyone know about the mods that have finally been made, so we can get some wheeling time in, well apparently that isn't a good thing.

I'm still trying to figure out why, but apparently on jk-forum they don't want you to discuss your "builds" with the rest of the community! I was already 90/10 JKO to jkforum, so now that ratio went to 100/0!

Unbelievable.

RC
Why in the HELL do the sheep keep going back to the watering hole to drink that kool-aid????

Fantastic build, man! That is a SICK list of mods.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #9 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 08:02 PM
JKO Addict!

[QUOTE=StubEXrube;480634]Why in the HELL do the sheep keep going back to the watering hole to drink that kool-aid???? QUOTE]

Because they are sheep and Jim Jones over there truely believes that he knows whats best for his flock. That they are not capable of rational thought so he must show the way. It's really very sick.
post #10 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Why in the HELL do the sheep keep going back to the watering hole to drink that kool-aid????

Because they are sheep and Jim Jones over there truely believes that he knows whats best for his flock. That they are not capable of rational thought so he must show the way. It's really very sick.
That entire site exist just so that dick can get free parts and sell ad space. He couldn't care less about helping the JK comunity. A guy should be able to talk about any parts, no mater if they support the site or not. I'm so glad that I'm not on that site anymore.

Sorry about the hijack. OP - Sick build man! Good work, can't wait to see more pics.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #11 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Fantastic build, man! That is a SICK list of mods.
I would go over to that forum periodically, because there are a lot of good threads on how to get stuff done. I didn't get all caught up in the brew-ha-ha of the battle of the forums. Well recently, Way-of-Loser, got into a debate with me on my appropriate reply to an OP asking about skid plates. It was beginning to become clear to me, on why so many people have left jk-*****.com... He wants to control content, and manipulate what information people are fed, so it benefits him, his close band of merry idiots, and the vendors that support him. Then today, I proudly post up my build that has taken me so long to complete, and I get a PM stating that I am trolling and have been banned forever. I haven't "trolled" anything, and had no alternate motive in posting my "build" post. Unbelievable.

When I first joined both forums, it was funny because it just "feels" different here at JKO (and Rob and I share this feeling). It feels like a great place, where people are real, and that the members want you to be here, to learn, teach, network, make friends, and enjoy the forum. You definitely do not get that feeling over there. Over there, you get the "big brother is watching feeling," which doesn't inspire the "community feel."

Anyway, enough bitching... I was 90/10 JKO to the other forum, and now and always will be 100% JKO.

Thanks for the compliment on the build, as I'm really pumped at how well it's coming along!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #12 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 10:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Maybe you used words in your build like Poly Performance, River Raider, sPOD. Yup, that would make you a troll.

Nice build.
post #13 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

^^^^ Very well said. I just had to add to what you said- "Over there you get the big brother is watching feeling which doesn't inspire the community feel"......that it also feels so damn sterile. Like you need to be wearing latex gloves to post.

Trolling! OMG! Unreal.

Okay so we don't have to merge this....I'm out.

Please keep everyone posted on the build, and I hope you are still making progress recovering from your "superman/ Jesus/ walking on water" thingy.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #14 of 418 Old 07-10-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Maybe you used words in your build like Poly Performance, River Raider, sPOD. Yup, that would make you a troll.

Nice build.
Wowwwwwww!!!! I learned early on that the word "sPOD" wasn't allowed, but Poly, and RROR too??? Will "Jeep" or "USA" be next? The more I think of it, the more I'm glad I'm gone...

Re: the build, thanks! I'll be sending up some pics soon.

RC

Quote:
^^^^ Very well said. I just had to add to what you said- "Over there you get the big brother is watching feeling which doesn't inspire the community feel"......that it also feels so damn sterile. Like you need to be wearing latex gloves to post.

Trolling! OMG! Unreal.

Okay so we don't have to merge this....I'm out.

Please keep everyone posted on the build, and I hope you are still making progress recovering from your "superman/ Jesus/ walking on water" thingy.

Wow, I'll have to consider this "troll" thing...

But regarding my brief, unintentional, and failed attempt at walking on water, my leg is healing, but slowly. Although my leg hurts like a mutha f****, my spirits are high, and I'm staying as positive as possible, working hard through therapy.

I'll get some pics up of the build tomorrow!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #15 of 418 Old 07-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

Very nice build.

Want to do my JK build next ? lol

seriously though

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #16 of 418 Old 07-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Oh and by the way, my "build" just got me banned from jk-forum!!!
Here I thought I was having DejaVu.
I just checked and I am not banned, so I hope I didn't have anything to do with it.

Again...... this build makes me feel like this guy:

Just so there is no confusion, I am the crackhead, his mods are the crack.
post #17 of 418 Old 07-11-2010, 02:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Now you are building!!! You have a great list of mods!! Love the stuff you have done and the next list! Wow just wow.

Army 13B enlisted & 15B officer MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ NRA Life Member /
Detroit/Aussie,Sport Cage,4.5 lift, some welds...
post #18 of 418 Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Unbelievable.

RC
Must've been the sPOD!

2007 Graystone 2dr X
post #19 of 418 Old 07-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
Must've been the sPOD!
You can't even type 'sPOD' on that forum, even in PMs. It changes it to '****'. They do that to the link to the sPOD site as well.
post #20 of 418 Old 07-12-2010, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prazbotta View Post
You can't even type 'sPOD' on that forum, even in PMs. It changes it to '****'. They do that to the link to the sPOD site as well.

Meh, I'm over it now. But I mean really? Why ban someone, just delete or strike-through that portion of the post, or send a PM to the user that the post has been deleted because of "blacklisted companies," or whatever. Sheesh, I mean pretty soon there will be a JK mod audit periodically to ensure that all jk-***** members haven't purchased or installed parts from Poly, RROR, sPOD, or the like! Okay, really, now I'm over it.

So I have to get more finished on the lift today at the shop, ao I won't have time for pics. There are some "fine-tuning items" that are required and some additional welding. But as promised, as soon as I get it back, I'll get the camera out and snap the pics, I'll tell you one thing, I'm not sure how this Rock Krawler lift functions yet, but it sure looks bad ass!

I'll be asking some of you guys about shocks and bump stop tuning soon... I hope that the weld-in, adjustable RK bump stops were the way to go. When I drove yesterday, the Bilstein 5100s seemed very soft in the rear, and kept smacking my bump stops against the axle everytime I hit any little bump. I know this means the bump stops probably need to be set higher, but I'm thinking the shocks shouldn't actuate that easily. I dunno. We'll see when I get it back...

RC
post #21 of 418 Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

No pics today, because it had to the Transmission Shop for gears, axles, locker, and a driveshaft.

When I get it back, you guys will have pics.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #22 of 418 Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealxam View Post
Awesome build!
IMHO, you're gonna want to add hydro assist to your list soon if you wheel with those 37's.
Ask me, I learned the hard way.

Neal,

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm not sure what has me apprehensive about a PSC or Redneck Ram, but it is something... It drives easily, but I know that wheeling with these 37s will be different. I've only wheeled it in 35's, which have just recently changed.

Was it mostly in tight spots? Rocks? Ruts? Where did you notice it the most?

Thanks!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #23 of 418 Old 07-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Rock God

Garage

You should re-name to build to "The build that got me banned on JKF"

Awesome build bro. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the finished build

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #24 of 418 Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Neal,

Hearing your story really helps. Yes, I'll be be seeing plenty of rocks and difficult trails. So let me ask you this, what do you notice/experience on the street with the low-speed PSC assist?

Thanks for your help,

RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealxam View Post
On the street, it always felt great.
I boiled my p/s fluid on Hell's Revenge in moab with stock 32's back when it was brand new.
Fast forward a couple of years.
First time out with 37's, the fluid boiled again and I lost all power assist on the first hard trail.
Big rock and steep incline.
Due to the rocks, I couldn't turn the steering wheel AT ALL without the power assist.
I finally made it to more level ground and it got better, but not until I tore up my front diff cover and tie rod because I couldn't steer.
When I got home, I called Lance at PSC.
I could have probably replaced the pump and limped it along until the next hard trail, but I manned up and fixed it right.

I'm not gonna lie, the low speed assist kinda sucks on the street, but I now have no worries on the trail.

I already had it on my "someday" list after 37's, but it only took one trip out to quickly change my mind.
I brought up the hydro on your build because I hadn't planned on buying it right away and kinda got in a bind when I found out I needed it.

I don't know you, or what you do with your jeep.
I just saw your build (awesome by the way) and noticed that you were potentially setting yourself up for a bad surprise if you wheel it in rocks.

Glad to help!
post #25 of 418 Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to NorthGAX Send a message via Yahoo to NorthGAX

Nice build. So can you let me know what nursery you purchased your money tree from?

Love you brother and you will always be my hero!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode