Carnegie Sat 10 Apr??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-09-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Carnegie Sat 10 Apr???

Anyone interested? I don't have the time to go to Holister or anywhere else big so it looks like local this weekend. I will probably be there around 1000hrs if anyone is interested.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Rock God

Love to but haven't fied the rubbing on my Anti-Rocks yet. Was planning on doing this weekend. I'll try again in a week or two. Also I'll need to get some info on your axle guy. Fixing up my XJ soon.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Just let me know or shoot me a pm when you need the axle info. If you can make it out feel free.

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #4 of 18 Old 04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
JKO Addict!

I'll be headed out to Carnegie on Saturday, April 17th for some testing. I want to give my RROR skid plate system a run on the rock climb, and practice airing down with my new OBA.

Let me know if you're game...

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 18 Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post
I'll be headed out to Carnegie on Saturday, April 17th for some testing. I want to give my RROR skid plate system a run on the rock climb, and practice airing down with my new OBA.

Let me know if you're game...

RC
Should be able to come play. Hopefully I will have my powertank by then and we can both see how they work.

post #6 of 18 Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
Should be able to come play. Hopefully I will have my powertank by then and we can both see how they work.
Sweet!!!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #7 of 18 Old 04-17-2010, 08:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Hey everyone, I'm headed up around 11:30 a.m. to Carnegie if anyone wants to connect...

Hope to see you!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #8 of 18 Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 PM
JKO Addict!

It was great to meet all of you Brian, Scott, (and your families) today! Brian, thanks for coming out to tune the CB. I appreciate the gesture! I'm also glad that Alan came out, so we could meet him as well. Alan, I hope you're out there, so if you are, chime in.

Here was the video footage of my unlocked rig getting up the rocks. Heck, ARB should pay me for the footage, to use this is an example of why you DO NEED lockers for wheeling! I can't wait to get some one day!

YouTube - Dirty RC Rock Climb.wmv

Stay in touch, and let's get a real run together in the near future!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #9 of 18 Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Cruzcode, Thanks for the invite. I would have liked to have met you all out there. Nice job getting up the "Rock Climb" without lockers. It's tougher than it looks. There's some fun stuff in the creek bed too. Is the creek bed still accessable?

I would have liked to have seen Brian's new setup as well. Did you get the issue with the Antirocks worked out? I think you're going to be unstopable this year.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 AM

Good meeting you guys, had a good time and learned a few things. Thanks for helping me out and showing the ropes. As we were leaving I heard a clicking sound under the jeep so I stopped to find out what it was and found that the boot on the front ds was torn. How long do you think I could drive it like this? Again, thanks for the help.
post #11 of 18 Old 04-18-2010, 02:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekguy View Post
Good meeting you guys, had a good time and learned a few things. Thanks for helping me out and showing the ropes. As we were leaving I heard a clicking sound under the jeep so I stopped to find out what it was and found that the boot on the front ds was torn. How long do you think I could drive it like this? Again, thanks for the help.

Read through these threads. They should answer your question and then some. I still have my stock drive shafts, if it comes to that. Hope this helps.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/search...earchid=900052
post #12 of 18 Old 04-18-2010, 08:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
Cruzcode, Thanks for the invite. I would have liked to have met you all out there. Nice job getting up the "Rock Climb" without lockers. It's tougher than it looks. There's some fun stuff in the creek bed too. Is the creek bed still accessable?

I would have liked to have seen Brian's new setup as well. Did you get the issue with the Antirocks worked out? I think you're going to be unstopable this year.
Rob,

Too bad you couldn't make it, so hopefully you can next time. We all agreed to get these going, and keep them going. Brian said something about the beer being on you, since you couldn't make it this time?

Thanks on the kudos, on the climb I'll take em! Alan (GeekGuy) and Scott (09Rubicon) crawled up the rocks like a dream with those lockers, in about half the time! It took a good spotter (Scott), a lot of pedal action, and some "bumping", and some nice assistance from my new RROR skid plate setup--they rocked!

Scott and Alan did some gnarly dips into the mud pit; but they prevailed!

Creek bed is not available. I asked about it at the gate, and he said that they're "rebuilding" it. Not quite sure how you go about doing that, but I'm sure it's involved and time consuming.

We definitely wanted to see Brian do some wheeling, but the Anti-Rocks did not allow. Next time, perhaps!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #13 of 18 Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Oh, and here is the final score:

Lockers 3 -- Unlocked 0

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #14 of 18 Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 AM
14ers

HA! a week late and a dollar short. I should try logging in more often so I see what's up. I need to head out there, too. If you decide to make a PM list for the next run put me on it.

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #15 of 18 Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 AM

Carnegie Pics

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by geekguy; 04-23-2010 at 09:53 PM.
post #16 of 18 Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

cruzcode thank you for the invite, I'm really sad I couln't make it. I would love to go next time and meet everyone
post #17 of 18 Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadontheroad View Post
HA! a week late and a dollar short. I should try logging in more often so I see what's up. I need to head out there, too. If you decide to make a PM list for the next run put me on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
cruzcode thank you for the invite, I'm really sad I couln't make it. I would love to go next time and meet everyone

ToadontheRoad & Marcy,

Absolutely. I think everyone would have a great time. Also, get togethers do not necessarily have to relegated to wheelin', as I am down to get together for "wrench time" if anyone needs it.

Scott,

I still love that rig, and thanks again for the solid spotting!

Brian,

I have RCV envy!

Dirty-RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #18 of 18 Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post
ToadontheRoad & Marcy,

Absolutely. I think everyone would have a great time. Also, get togethers do not necessarily have to relegated to wheelin', as I am down to get together for "wrench time" if anyone needs it.

Scott,

I still love that rig, and thanks again for the solid spotting!

Brian,

I have RCV envy!

Dirty-RC
Thanks, I noticed I bashed up my EVAP canister a little this last outing, no major damage just some scratches.........and you will never guess what showed up from the brown santa yesterday!?! My EVAP skid courtesy of PSC!

Now should I clean my JK before installing this ( I have been bad, I still havent washed it)?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode