Moab! Live..with dailey updates - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 04-02-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Moab! Live..with dailey updates

I will start posting pictures here on 04/04/2009. With snow and rain in the forcast I hope to hit a warmup trail, not with snow on it! Last years media coverage of EJS was lame, with lots of new concepts and product releases for those sitting at home had to wait weeks after EJS to see pics.

That being said I will update pics as I see them Live on facebook and upload pics dailey to webshots.

Here are few new products I will be looking for:

AEV's new JK rear bumper/tire carrier

New 2010 Jeep grand cherokee

In general new Jeep concepts

I hear of some big announcemnets......

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=23e5761059

Day 2

Great day of wheeling, we hit Dome Plateau. Check out the photos and vids on webshots.

Jason

Day 3..Live REALLY!

Ok, I have the Live deal figured out! Check the link above as it will be updated live through out the day. We are running Poison spyder/golden spike/crack and gold bar rim and more cool jeep concepts!

Jason

DAY 4

OK, I finally figued out why the photos were not Live as they happen providing I have service. Ryans's rubicon broke the rear locker yesterday on the way back to camp. So he's riding shotgun the rest of the trip providing we can find a group to go out with.

DAY 5

Today we have plans to see the all new 2010 grandcherokee and run hells revenge. We also will sit at the jeep engineering roundtable if anyone has a question they want answered please post up before 3pm today.

Day 6:Vendor show and cliff hanger

We will get Ryans jeep back together, looks like the wheel stud backed out and took out the e-brake assembly. He is running alloy usa shafts.

Jason

Day 7

There's not going to be much of a day 7, however the guys at AEV have some sort of test drive they want me to go on. I will send pics in a few, then I am back to Phoenix .

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Rock God

cool, I can't wait to see pics...

I am not going to EJS, but I am going in August...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #3 of 33 Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
cool, I can't wait to see pics...

I am not going to EJS, but I am going in August...
Cool, I probably will not attend EJS in the upcoming years....So I hope this one tops the cake!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #4 of 33 Old 04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
JR
Rock God

From what I've noticed I think this EJS is gonna be smaller than previous years.

I leave tomorrow morning and arrive on Sunday!

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #5 of 33 Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

We had a nice trip over here....ran into a little snow and made great timing. Check out our pics, if you're on your way buy a sled.

Be carefull guys.....

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #6 of 33 Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Well, Ryan slept in his tent only to have to take it down since you can not have tents near cabins. It cleared up and now its snowing again....Looks like its time to start drinking......

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #7 of 33 Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

www.jeepasylum.com
post #8 of 33 Old 04-04-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I just uploaded a video!

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #9 of 33 Old 04-04-2009, 06:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

First off for getting to go!! I am glad that someone is representing!

Thanks for the updates.
post #10 of 33 Old 04-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

Are you guys going on organized trail runs or just playing on your own? And if on your own, what is your plan for Tuesday?

post #11 of 33 Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogg View Post
Are you guys going on organized trail runs or just playing on your own? And if on your own, what is your plan for Tuesday?
We are doing our own thang! Call me Jason 602 751 7382

BTT

DAY 2

Great day of wheeling, we hit Dome Plateau. Check out the photos and vids on webshots.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #12 of 33 Old 04-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

My brother and I and looking to play hooky on Tuesday and drive down that morning. It's about a 4 hr drive form here so I'd figure we could easily be there by noon, but hopefully around 10 am.

He's gonna let me know Monday evening if he can get away and I'll have to check my work load as well. I'll get back to ya Monday evening after I know for sure if we're gonna make the run.

post #13 of 33 Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Ok, I have the Live deal figured out! Check the link above as it will be updated live through out the day. We are running Poison spyder/golden spike/crack and gold bar rim and more cool jeep concepts!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #14 of 33 Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Rock God

We are leaving today for Moab. we will have our trailer set up outside so anyone who is at EJS please come by and introduce yourself, its always great to put a face with name.

Andy & Kristen Cohen
Finishlinewest
post #15 of 33 Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Day 4

OK, I finally figued out why the photos were not Live as they happen providing I have service. Ryans's rubicon broke the rear locker yesterday on the way back to camp. So he's riding shotgun the rest of the trip providing we can find a group to go out with.

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #16 of 33 Old 04-07-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

BTT

Fixed broken links

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #17 of 33 Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Granite Guru

We will be getting there late tomorrow afternoon. Anyone interested in an evening run tomorrow ... 5'ish or so? Hell's Revenge or somewhere close to town?
post #18 of 33 Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

DAY 5

Today we have plans to see the all new 2010 grandcherokee and run hells revenge. We also will sit at the jeep engineering roundtable if anyone has a question they want answered please post up before 3pm today.

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #19 of 33 Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Day 6:Vendor show and cliff hanger

We will get Ryans jeep back together, looks like the wheel stud backed out and took out the e-brake assembly. He is running alloy usa shafts.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #20 of 33 Old 04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Rock God

everything looks awesome except for that picture of Edwina's jeep, i think you should remove that pic from the album
post #21 of 33 Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Sorry guys no more wheeling....Ryan's splitting early and this is not the place to jeep alone. Tomorrow we will get more pics of the aev hemi install. Did I miss anything?

Tonight is Genright party.......

Jd

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #22 of 33 Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Day 7

There's not going to be much of a day 7, however the guys at AEV have some sort of test drive they want me to go on. I will send pics in a few, then I am back to Phoenix .

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #23 of 33 Old 04-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks for doing this jason...you fed me exactly the pics I needed...

It looked pretty uncrowded...I always thought it'd be a total **** show...

thanks again.
post #24 of 33 Old 04-10-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-squared View Post
Thanks for doing this jason...you fed me exactly the pics I needed...

It looked pretty uncrowded...I always thought it'd be a total **** show...

thanks again.
Thanks, I hope this was better than what I experienced last year!

There seemed to be less jeeps likely 15-20% which made the week nice for eater out and carwashes etc. If this continues I will be back next year, even though its challenging to dodge the safari runs.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #25 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Rock God

Well, here's my trip report....

Sunday - Today I arrived and settled into the Hotel. Ran into a bunch of guys that are local close to the WP plant, and my Buddy Matt from Crawl Mag. We decided to run Cliffhanger, but after waiting for quite a while for the entrance for the trail to clear, Matt and I decided to bail out and get some eats and such.

I left there and gained an instant brake squeal. Was really annoying.

Day 2 - I met up with Mike West and the guys from Superlift, and Dynatrac for their run. Superchips was supposed to run with us too, but they hadn't yet arrived. We ran steelbender in reverse up to the big ledge. Everyone that wanted to play on the ledge had a chance, then we headed out the other direction. All in all it was a great trailride.

Day 3 - We had no plans for this day, so I took the boss and ran Fins n Things. It was his first Moab trip and we were alone so it was a good trail to run on our own. We finished up the night at a great party that Superlift put on. Catfish and Venison FTW!

Day 4 - Rancho hosted a run up to Hell's Revenge. FYI the Jeep is crazy capable even on 35's, it was a great day!

Day 5 - Show day, no trail runs.

Day 6 - Show day, ended up playing a little at Area BFE with Matt again. Ran a couple obstacles, but mostly just watched.

Day 7 - Driving home, made it back to Boise.

Day 8 - Bad Day...The Story....

So here I sit in La Grande, Oregon in a Super8 motel room when I could be driving home.

In leaving Moab, I aired up and immediately noticed that the wheel was ****ed to about 11 o'clock going straight down the road. Upon visual inspection, it appeared that the draglink may have had a slight bend in it, which was surprising cause that stuff is pretty beefy on the JK.

So I made it to Boise in great time, grabbed a hotel room, a steak, and a couple beers, and crashed for the night. This morning I woke up, fueled up, and hit the road again.

I was again making good time and was starting to head over the pass to drop into Pendleton. As I was turning into a left curve in the passing lane, a semi truck on my right, the steering wheel suddenly let loose and jumped from about 10 o'clock to past 9 o'clock without turning. I was doing about 70mph too. Scary.

I managed to get slowed down and exited off the freeway in perfect time. As soon as I got down the off-ramp, wham! The death wobble started in hard. I got pulled over, inspected, and found that the draglink was fine, but the trackbar mount had sheared clean off of the axle right at the welds. Teh only thing holding it together was our relocation bracket, which happens to tie that bracket into another.

So I ended the day like this.

Since its easter, and Sunday I can't get it fixed today, so it looks like I am spending the night in La Grande.

I no longer work with Warrior. I am now working with The FIRM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode