JKOwners Forum banner

Rubicon Trail

6K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  TEXASKEV 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Yep, messy as hell. Luckily, it got repaired before I hit the pavement. After I saw the vid, I couldn't believe how violently those lines unload when they blow. Makes me cringe at the thought of all those buggies that run hydro lines under the steering column.

Nice. I hope to make a trip up there soon. Looks like it is in pretty good condition now. Thanks for sharing.
Trail is the easiest in years! lots of boulders and rocks were moved out of the way for trail erosion prevention and so the new restroom could be serviced. A few JKs had rubi-lockers that stopped working (including a JK in my group) and smaller tires and they did the trail fine - something that couldn't be done last year.

#6 ·
Nice. I hope to make a trip up there soon. Looks like it is in pretty good condition now. Thanks for sharing.

#7 ·
dont you mean down there:laughing::beer:

#10 ·
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to say hello to you guys while I was in camp. I'm the guy who cheated with my doors on, going through the water before the slabs, down to Buck. I did find your camp when I was scavanging firewood, sunday night. Tell Vicky, nice artwork... :D I saw one of your club members, when I left, monday morning. Kind of a strange trip for me. I wheeled most of the time without the group. I did see the vids of the Sluice Box :smokin:. Maybe I'll see you guys in Calico.

Rob

#14 ·
abendx in the box!

So here he is! Don't really think he expected a bunch of JKO'ers around when he decided to run Little Sluice, but he ended up getting himself a film crew. :grinpimp: Pretty much abendx's entire run, so a little long (13m) , but I did cut out about 10 minutes of non-eventful moments. 8:25, 9:29 are when he gets tippy.

‪Rubicon.mpg‬‏ - YouTube

#21 ·
So here he is! Don't really think he expected a bunch of JKO'ers around when he decided to run Little Sluice, but he ended up getting himself a film crew. :grinpimp: Pretty much abendx's entire run, so a little long (13m) , but I did cut out about 10 minutes of non-eventful moments. 8:25, 9:29 are when he gets tippy.

Rubicon.mpg - YouTube
Kick ass video Mark. Nice Job. Did not realize everyone was posting here as well as the norcal section. I'll move my vid over as well. Great job. :D

#20 ·
Great video. Brings back memories of our club's 2004 run. Need to go back and do it in the Jake.

#24 ·
Is it true what I read that the Gatekeeper was dynamited by the Forest Service? WTF??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.