Moab pics over Memorial Day weekend - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Alec W

Moab pics over Memorial Day weekend

Alan (CO Hummer) and I went to Moab for the holiday weekend with our JKs. We ran Strike Ravine, Hell's Revenge, some of Rusty Nail and Pritchett Canyon.

Strike Ravine was funny because it ends in BFE and there was some Hippy concert weekend thing going on. We had to spot each other between all the stupid hippy tents to find a way out to 191.

We tried Rusty Nail and wimped out at the first obstacle (I think it’s called Riff Raff). In retrospect having run Pritchett the next day it was probably easy and we should have gone for it.

After bailing Rusty Nail we ran Hell Revenge to see what it was like in a Jeep vs. out old H2s. What used to take all day too about an hour

Pritchett is insane, just insane! I thought I knew how to wheel but now I have a whole new respect for trail ratings. We made it through with no real damage and didn’t winch or bypass anything (other than the rock pile), but several times I was ready to turn round. After Rocker Knocker I thought it was going to get easy, WRONG. I think I only kept going because I really didn’t want to drive back down that sucker.

Some pics in no particular order.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Alec W

post #3 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Alec W

post #4 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Alec W

post #5 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Alec W

post #6 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Alec W

post #7 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Alec W

post #8 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lucky Dogs.

Looks like a blast.
post #9 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Granite Guru

Looks like ya had fun out there, Alec.

WHEN in DOUBT, GAS-IT !

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!
post #10 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Alec W

Something funny from this weekend was CO Hummer’s sway bar disco. A Rubicon is a waste for him since he forgot to disco it on Pritchett. Kinda explains why he got so tippy at times
post #11 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Openly Hostile

awesome pics, I can't wait to go back to moab. I don't think I'll be running Pritchett anytime soon tho.
post #12 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Awesome pics Alec! Wish I could have made it. looks like your rails got a little workout, how did the new half tank skids do?
post #13 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 08:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

Looks like you guys had fun, I am glad to see you got everything back in working order. Did you have any mechanical issues on any of the Jeeps? Glad to see you guys had fun! We need to go grab a beer and hear the stories!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #14 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plumber View Post
Did you have any mechanical issues on any of the Jeeps?
Cracks me up that his Jeeps surviovs Moab yet blows transercases going to the mall,
post #15 of 40 Old 05-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Alec W

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
Cracks me up that his Jeeps surviovs Moab yet blows transercases going to the mall,
My Jeep is not mall rated I guess. I pounded on the darn thing on Pritchett and itís fine, but the bloody thing wonít let me drive it on the highway. Go figure
post #16 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Granite Guru

Great pics Alec!! Thanks for the doing that. I'll post some of mine up soon.

Nothing broke on the trail or the highway - an excellent trip. I do have a leaky axle seal which, I think, was caused by the guys who did my re-gearing.

Check it out:

The Goods:
2008 4dr Rubi w/Dual tops, 5.13 Superior Gears, 3" FT Ultimate Lift Kit with extra 1" rear spacers, Riddler F&R Diff covers, 1" Rear Teraflex Spacers, 35" BFG KM2s, Kilby Evap relocation kit, Cooltech/Magnaflow Exhaust Kit, Home grown Front Winch Bumper, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rear Bumper, Home grown tire carrier, PSC Tube Fenders (on order).
post #17 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
how did the new half tank skids do?
Funny enough - Now we have the new skids on, we hardly hit them this trip.

I did have a few scratches and some minor bending along one of the edges of it. But they are solid, not gonna allow any tank damage.

Check it out:

The Goods:
2008 4dr Rubi w/Dual tops, 5.13 Superior Gears, 3" FT Ultimate Lift Kit with extra 1" rear spacers, Riddler F&R Diff covers, 1" Rear Teraflex Spacers, 35" BFG KM2s, Kilby Evap relocation kit, Cooltech/Magnaflow Exhaust Kit, Home grown Front Winch Bumper, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rear Bumper, Home grown tire carrier, PSC Tube Fenders (on order).
post #18 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 07:19 AM
TrailDuty.com

Great pics Alec, looks like you guys had a great time
post #19 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Granite Guru

Alec's pretty much nailed the trip and I didn't post a lot of pics, but here are a few more. I have more pics of Alec than my own Jeep!

Here's Alec and family. Yes, at first you think it's just a picture of my awesome Jeep. But look on the mountain where those three are running around chasing their new puppy up the hill.

Strike Ravine:

Here's why it's nice to have a Jeep.

PRITCHETT:

Chewy Hill:

Check it out:

The Goods:
post #20 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Granite Guru

MORE

Rocker Knocker:

perspective of Rocker Knocker:

Best wheeling dog, ever.

How NOT to do rocker knocker.

End of Pritchett trail (top of Yellow Hill)

Check it out:

The Goods:
post #21 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer View Post
Funny enough - Now we have the new skids on, we hardly hit them this trip.

I did have a few scratches and some minor bending along one of the edges of it. But they are solid, not gonna allow any tank damage.
Well, thats good to hear. Either way, sounds like all that is left now is working out how much it will cost me to have one of those made
post #22 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Alec W

Perfect Rubicon picture for anyone that knows where that was taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer View Post
post #23 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Alec W

Quote:
Well, thats good to hear. Either way, sounds like all that is left now is working out how much it will cost me to have one of those made
A few of these
post #24 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
A few of these
lol, "Whiskey and weldin"!!!

I imagine now that you guys made two, a third one would probably go pretty fast! I am willing to pay in payments or money payments for one!
post #25 of 40 Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I imagine now that you guys made two, a third one would probably go pretty fast! I am willing to pay in payments or money payments for one!
We could make a swap. I may need some help putting and axle seal in........

Check it out:

The Goods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode