Speed Calibration - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-07-2009, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Speed Calibration

I recently switched out my stock 16" rims for 17" rubi take offs. I wanted to check the speed calibration after the switch, so i had a fellow officer clock me via laser and found that my spedometer read 5mph less than i was clocked. 55/60. How do i go about getting recalibrated as we have multiple red light/speed cameras all over town and i dont feel like paying $$$ for a preventable ticket (besides going 5mph slower than speed limit) Thanks for the help

ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!!! SOMEDAY......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

thats why i just go of my garmin

www.jeepasylum.com
post #3 of 6 Old 01-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Openly Hostile

the dealer can update it to the rubicon tire size.

Jason
post #4 of 6 Old 01-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Wheeler

Couldn't you buy a pro comp accu pro? Or similar?

--From manuf. desc.--
Read and Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes {DTC’s}
Return to Stock Tuning or Changes Option Settings at any time
Pro Comps new Accu Pro calibration tools are the perfect upgrade for lifted vehicles with larger wheel and tire combinations or gear ratio changes. Accu Pro calibration tools plug directly into your vehicles diagnostic port for easy installation. The calibration tools can read and clear vehicle DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Accu Pro calibration tools also calibrate speedometer and odometer for tire size and differential gear changes. No more wondering how fast you are traveling or what the true miles on your vehicle really is.

Pray for whirled peas.

Last edited by BLAKJAK; 01-07-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: more info
post #5 of 6 Old 01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKJAK View Post
Couldn't you buy a pro comp accu pro? Or similar?

--From manuf. desc.--
Read and Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes {DTC’s}
Return to Stock Tuning or Changes Option Settings at any time
Pro Comps new Accu Pro calibration tools are the perfect upgrade for lifted vehicles with larger wheel and tire combinations or gear ratio changes. Accu Pro calibration tools plug directly into your vehicles diagnostic port for easy installation. The calibration tools can read and clear vehicle DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Accu Pro calibration tools also calibrate speedometer and odometer for tire size and differential gear changes. No more wondering how fast you are traveling or what the true miles on your vehicle really is.
Yes, several people have done it with this or similar (hypertech, etc.) If he's not interested in all the other features and doesn't plan to change tire sizes again, the one-time dealer approach might be cheaper.

But the calibration tools seem like a good thing to have, especially if you think you may change sizes again. A couple of tire size recalibrations would almost pay for it.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-11-2009, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thx for the advice. im getting close to my 6k checkup so ill just have them adjust it then.

ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!!! SOMEDAY......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode