Electric sway bar disco - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-08-2008, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Electric sway bar disco

took a dump again. It worked for a while, but then gave up on Miller Jeep Trail. It goes in tomorrow.

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Rock God

That is one of the reasons I went with the Terra Flex dicos! The even have a park pin so you don't need a strap!

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i went thru 3 myself and no wi am running the currie antirock sways

www.jeepasylum.com
post #4 of 11 Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

mine died and it was the plug, i spliced on a new one and it now works (well see how long)

'91 YJ-woods beater-lift and stuff
'98 ZJ-5.9 lowered street jeep
'13 WK2-5.7 daily tow pig
post #5 of 11 Old 09-09-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The mechanic is still finger banging my sway bar disco. They had it all day today, then did not even get to it until late this afternoon. I am on my second one and I am hoping that since the Jeep dealer merged with the Dodge dealer, the mechanics will be better. So far, I am not impressed with their time management. I have very little faith that the electronic disco is a sound piece of equipment. The only thing that is keeping me from putting aftermarket sway bars on is that the damn electric one is not cheap, and I am still paying for it. Plus, I do not like having a switch that dont work.

Doc Dirty, you have had the Currie unit for a while now, what do you think of it? I have heard mixed reviews.

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

post #6 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 03:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i like the currie OFF ROAD lol and even on road i have gotten used to the extra sway keep in mind im only on 33 with a 2.5 inch lift lol but its its great off road whn i buy my next sway bay it will be a dual rate sway like the one swayloc makes i had the curries on my tj and they were no where near a soft as the jk sway bars

www.jeepasylum.com
post #7 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well, my new sway bar disco will be here in 3 days. This will be my 3rd one. Maybe I should just ask Jeep for 2K and I will just put my own sway bars on.....

post #8 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Alec W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcM View Post
Well, my new sway bar disco will be here in 3 days. This will be my 3rd one. Maybe I should just ask Jeep for 2K and I will just put my own sway bars on.....
I'd sell it as new and get a manual disco if I were you.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I probably should, but I want to see if they come out with an improved unit eventually. I am sure I am not the only one who is having this problem, and at 2K a pop, I am sure Chrysler will get tired of paying and find a permanent fix. At least I hope so.

post #10 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Rock God

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeelidu97 View Post
Two guys were walking through the jungle. All of a sudden, a tiger appears from a distance, running towards them. One of the guys takes out a pair of "Nikes" from his bag and starts to put them on. The other guy with a surprised look and exclaims, "Do you think you will run faster than the tiger with those?" His friend replies: "I don't have to out run it, I just have to run faster than you." cheap wow power leveling (World of warcraft Power Leveling):---------------------------------------------------------------------------------We offer WoW Power Leveling and World of Warcraft Powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling,, Buy Cheap WoW Power Leveling, enjoy best service:cheap wow power leveling, buy wow power leveling, world of warcraft power leveling
your gay!!!!!!:d evil:

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
post #11 of 11 Old 11-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsig View Post
That is one of the reasons I went with the Terra Flex dicos! The even have a park pin so you don't need a strap!
how about showing a picture that has some relationship to the thread that you are posting in....like a pic of the teraflex discos, in this instance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode