Adjusting the header latches? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-13-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Adjusting the header latches?

How do you do it? I am talking about the latches that you use to secure the soft top to the top of the windshield. I think I need to make the tighter.

Reason is I have the half doors and they leaked like a biotch. Well after some adjusting of this and that and I got all the leaks stopped except the last one. After standing out in the rain for awhile watching things with my jacket on and a towel on the floor and a lot of pushing and pulling on things I see what is happening. The top doesn’t sit flush with the header seal allowing water to run down the seal towards the doors. When it gets to the doors it falls behind the weather strip instead of in front of it. I need to trim the corner of the door weather strip as well but I need to do something with the header seal. I know this is the reason because if I take a card and push the door weather stripping in under where the water is dropping from the header seal the leak quits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-13-2008, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I wrapped electrical tape around the loops on the windshield.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Wheeler

Wow, really?..mine are as tight as a motherf'er to even get to fit onto the latch loops, and the top still leaks!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY $HIT...WHAT A RIDE!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode