different - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

different

well i installed a back up camera for my wife, since she couldnt see the infinity g35s behind her last week.

i will eventually go back and paint the plastic black so that it will hide better.

with all the rental jeeps that run out here on the island, i had to make mine completly different.

i know the lighting sucks, but they look decent on the jeep. my first time doing decals on a vehicle so it didnt come out the best, just a few bubbles.

another 3200 miles :what?: and i can put the bb lift on :thumbsup: and shorten the front bumper. :ya: also cant forget about eventually putting the grill gaurd in as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 03:01 PM

I like it ALOT!!
That is the first Army star 4 door I have seen.
Could you give us more info on the camera? My wife needs one also.

2008 JK "X" Unlimited-Redrock, hardtop, stock for now.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Rock God

X2. I like the old Willys look myself.
post #4 of 10 Old 06-20-2008, 01:09 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post
X2.
X3 On the either of the green colors that look works well and looks good.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Rock God

Did you find a good write for the back up cam??? I would like to install a backup as well as a cam under the jeep to see the rocks when wheeling!!! I think some kind of switch would be nice to switch cams!

Lifted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #6 of 10 Old 06-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Wheeler

Im agreeing with ijkl339 on this one......

actually...

WTF
post #7 of 10 Old 06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Fistfull of Boomstick

Thats where I put my backup camera. when I get the time I will hunt the junkyard for a old power mirror and control and make it pan/tilt

Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

post #8 of 10 Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentallcd View Post
well i installed a back up camera for my wife, since she couldnt see the infinity g35s behind her last week.

i will eventually go back and paint the plastic black so that it will hide better.

with all the rental jeeps that run out here on the island, i had to make mine completly different.

i know the lighting sucks, but they look decent on the jeep. my first time doing decals on a vehicle so it didnt come out the best, just a few bubbles.

another 3200 miles :what?: and i can put the bb lift on :thumbsup: and shorten the front bumper. :ya: also cant forget about eventually putting the grill gaurd in as well.
Nice camera install and very good look on the Jeep..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by airric00 View Post
Did you find a good write for the back up cam??? I would like to install a backup as well as a cam under the jeep to see the rocks when wheeling!!! I think some kind of switch would be nice to switch cams!
I never thought of that. Back-up camera = undercarriage camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
Thats where I put my backup camera. when I get the time I will hunt the junkyard for a old power mirror and control and make it pan/tilt
You guys are just full of good ideas!

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Nice camera install and very good look on the Jeep..........

I never thought of that. Back-up camera = undercarriage camera

You guys are just full of good ideas!
You should talk to SDMF about the undercarriage camera, he has been working that one out for sometime now and I think he is going to do it pretty soon. Chime in SDMF.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
That's a pretty light camera, I mean, you could pick up a few servos on the cheap for it. A 555 or something to generate the PWM, and an old joystick... =)

Now that's a hot idea. Spend a little more money, could do it w/ nearly zero effort from somewhere like servocity.

I may have to steal your idea. BTW, a local shop to me has a bunch of old power mirror setups for about $10, IIRC. If you like, I could check up on them for you.

!c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode