SAVING FUEL IDEA I FOUND - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lightbulb SAVING FUEL IDEA I FOUND

I SEEN A PRODUCT CALLED FITCH FUEL CATALYST. YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT AT THERE HOME PAGE. I WILL BE TRYING THIS PRODUCT OUT VERY SOON. THE PRICE IS ABOUT $175.00 NOT TO BAD IF IT DOES WHAT THEY SAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Granite Guru

I will be curious to see what you think of it. Sounds like BS, but I hope it works.

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Wheeler

http://www.fitchcatalyst.com/index.php

I'm not sure how this differs from any of the other gimmicks out there...almost sounds/looks like its just some type of fuel filter?

I have a new found obsession with running through water/mud puddles...
post #4 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Rock God

reminds me of the magnets that "straighten" out the molecules in gas making it burn more efficiently that you can buy on Ebay, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #5 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Rock God

Keep us updated.. I like to know if it works too!

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #6 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 06:04 AM
Rock God

One of the shows on spike did a test with it. At the price it would take a very long time to even make a dent in fuel savings.
post #7 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Rock God

Either Petersen's or JP (can't remember which) tested this thing and they said that it works as advertised. Note the word "advertised". Since the manufacturer advertises in the magazine, the results may be skewed, then again, maybe not. Keep us posted.
post #8 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Alec W

I have one of those tornado thingies I could sell you
post #9 of 28 Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ALEC YOU GOT A TORNADO. DID UPS BRING THAT TO YOU ALSO. LOL

IF I CAN GET 2 MILES MORE PER GALLON IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT. GAS HERE NOW IS AT 3.39 A GALLON FOR REG.
post #10 of 28 Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Rock God

Fuel vaporization is the only proven method that would give real results. It came out in the 30's and it worked but the patents were sold off and cannot be used in commerical process. Look up a guy name Charles Pogue. Chemist teacher clued me into this invention allong time ago and explained how this is actually the best and most efficient way to make less gas do more. Unfrtunately Economy of Oil drives the world economy now so it will be hard to replace without time being involved to create a replacement solution.
post #11 of 28 Old 04-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Wrangling View Post
Fuel vaporization is the only proven method that would give real results. It came out in the 30's and it worked but the patents were sold off and cannot be used in commerical process. Look up a guy name Charles Pogue. Chemist teacher clued me into this invention allong time ago and explained how this is actually the best and most efficient way to make less gas do more. Unfrtunately Economy of Oil drives the world economy now so it will be hard to replace without time being involved to create a replacement solution.
I Googled Charles Pogue and the first link that comes up is one called the 100 mpg carburetor myth and explains why Pogue's theories would not work. I never heard of any of this until now, but it's an interesting read. http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/fish3.htm
post #12 of 28 Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
TrailDuty.com

Hmmm, there seems to be very little info on how it actually works. Fuel atoms can be catalytically hydrolyzed, but not by anything that Fitch claim is in their product.

Their web site is 99% hype with little scientific fact to back up their claims. The product seems to do everything, even increasing the octane, which by itself would not do anything for fuel economy or performance anyway.

Install it, change your driving habits ever so slightly, and it will improve mpg. Well, actually the slight change in driving habits will.
post #13 of 28 Old 04-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Rock God

I haven't figured it out either and I'm not sure what is the magic behind it. There is allot of science behind it and what I don't remember is the flow of how it worked but I recall it is a multi chamber process that atomized the fuel and turned it into pressurized gas that burned with a fraction of that actual gas. I've looked into it from time to time but have never been able to figure it out. I do know that it would be near impossible with fuel injected computer controllled vehicle
post #14 of 28 Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 AM
14ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADS JK View Post
ALEC YOU GOT A TORNADO. DID UPS BRING THAT TO YOU ALSO. LOL

IF I CAN GET 2 MILES MORE PER GALLON IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT. GAS HERE NOW IS AT 3.39 A GALLON FOR REG.
Be happy you're not paying CA prices. $$ 3.89/gal.

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #15 of 28 Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Rock God

Wife is in Virgina and she just reported the 3.89 on Sunday. We are at 3.40 and climbing steadily. Diesel is like 4.40 the few places that I saw it. My trucking buddy said they are way off on the trucking scheduling and are slowing down way to fast at work because no one is ordering materials due to the surcharges.
post #16 of 28 Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadontheroad View Post
Be happy you're not paying CA prices. $$ 3.89/gal.
What is it today? Gas just jumped here (same area as OP) so that $3.39 is now $3.44 at the cheapest station on my side of Atlanta. Hmm we are in for an interesting summer. I here the truckers on the CB in the morning talking and things are not looking pretty on their end.

2006 LJ - current
post #17 of 28 Old 04-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Rock God

Filled up at $3.41 on Friday night to go wheeling and I thought that was high.
Now in Florida near Ft Lauderdale the cheapest I have seen this am is $3.59 I guess I will not be 4 wheeling for a wile or fishing.. Is their any thing good on tv these days??

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.

Last edited by mrsig; 04-22-2008 at 06:16 AM.
post #18 of 28 Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Rock God

well we went from the posted $3.44 yesterday to $3.49 today. Hopefully my girlfriend gets the job she has a second interview for friday that is a 1/4 mile from my work. That way we can move on this side of the city and my round trip commute will go from 50 miles to under 10 miles (as low as 2 miles depending on apartments)

2006 LJ - current
post #19 of 28 Old 04-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsig View Post
Filled up at $3.41 on Friday night to go wheeling and I thought that was high.
Now in Florida near Ft Lauderdale the cheapest I have seen this am is $3.59 I guess I will not be 4 wheeling for a wile or fishing.. Is their any thing good on tv these days??
If you get the Outdoor channel on Mondays there is On the Rocks TV and Four Wheeler TV. Four Wheeler is in my neck of the woods for the next couple of shows, Clayton, OK. I work with one of the drivers daughter in law.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #20 of 28 Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Rock God

I try to tape the extreme 4x4 so I don't miss it. Very informative on customizing off road vehicles. They had an episode with the jk and I missed it. I'm taping hoping for a repeat to come.
post #21 of 28 Old 04-22-2008, 10:13 PM
lbh
Rock God

My feeling is this is a gimmick. With the massive restrictions OEM face and huge push from the fed gov to increase mpg, you would think this would be standard equipment on all vehicles. Keep us posted.

2007 JK
post #22 of 28 Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
well we went from the posted $3.44 yesterday to $3.49 today. Hopefully my girlfriend gets the job she has a second interview for friday that is a 1/4 mile from my work. That way we can move on this side of the city and my round trip commute will go from 50 miles to under 10 miles (as low as 2 miles depending on apartments)
Just feel lucky. I would love to pay 3.39 a gallon. I filled up at 4.05 a gallon this morning. 65 bucks.

2008 Stone White 2DR X
Cutsom TJ front 2" springs with 2 spacers
Teraflex rear 3" 4dr. springs heated so they actually sit 3" on my 2dr
Custom rear shock mounts
285x75 R16 Treadwright MTRs Yeah they rock soon to be 315x70 R16
Xenon Narrow Flares
Woods Steering Stabilzer Bracket
Teraflex rear driveline
Mopar Frt bumper made Stubby
KC Slimlites
Bikini Top
Custom exhaust - Flowmaster single chamber with Woods tail pipe
Lots of Beer Consumption
post #23 of 28 Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

SOMETHING ELSE I FOUND

O.K. LETS START SINCE I POSTED THIS GAS WENT UP TO $ 3.51 A GALLON WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

OK CHECK THIS OUT I JUST BOUGHT ME SOME OF THIS PRODUCT. THE SITE IS WWW.MYGASSAVER.NET CHECK IT OUTIF ANY ELSE THE FREE GAS WILL PAY FOR THE KIT.
post #24 of 28 Old 04-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADS JK View Post
O.K. LETS START SINCE I POSTED THIS GAS WENT UP TO $ 3.51 A GALLON WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

OK CHECK THIS OUT I JUST BOUGHT ME SOME OF THIS PRODUCT. THE SITE IS WWW.MYGASSAVER.NET CHECK IT OUTIF ANY ELSE THE FREE GAS WILL PAY FOR THE KIT.

Anybody ever tell you that typing in all caps on a forum is like yelling?

Gives people headaches to read these posts

/rant.
post #25 of 28 Old 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

THAT'S JUST ME I GUESS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode