2005 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Sahara - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > Classifieds > For Sale > For Sale - Jeeps (any model)

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
zekeshouse

Member # 28452
2005 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Sahara

2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sahara. Number 804. 6 speed manual.57000 miles in excellent condition. Always garaged. Hard top and soft top. Lots of extras including Tuffy rear cargo security drawer,skid plates, Shrockworks rock sliders powdercoated,full neoprene seat covers,soft doors and more. Extremely well taken care of 22000 obo. 563-343-4956.
zekeshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
mbjeepxj
Granite Guru

Member # 11547
What in the heck is a "Rubicon Sahara?" I call shenanigans.
mbjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
DarK_Reaper
Granite Guru

Member # 19949
It's a special edition. Only 1000 made.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
DarK_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
SHAKEnBLAKE
Wheeler

Member # 11703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjeepxj View Post
Google is your friend. It's not shenanigans, they're nice. GLWS!
SHAKEnBLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
itsthelaw
Wheeler

Member # 28915
Can we see pics of it?
itsthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Asmmns
JKO Addict!

Member # 12483
Garage
Quote:
Your Jeep card should be revoked immediately !!

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Asmmns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
D5Fire
Rock God

Member # 6804
Couple things, first if you are gonna pitch shit for sale from a dealer you need to get a vendor star. Second when your only post is selling a rig its pretty bad forum etiquette. Third if you are going to try and sell a rig on a forum go to one that caters to what you are selling, this is JK land not TJ land.

BTW the Rubicon Sahara was a limited edition based off a movie. I want to say its the first Tomb Raider

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
D5Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
mbjeepxj
Granite Guru

Member # 11547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
seriously? i cannot be the only one that thought this post was peculiar... must be the most rare option package ever.. i've always considered the Sahara a waste of money (nothing but fluff)... never would have guessed they'd tack the name onto a Rubicon... seems like an oxymoron to me
Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #9
Jeep-Power
Wheeler

Member # 857
Quote:
hahaha x2!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
mbjeepxj
Granite Guru

Member # 11547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-Power View Post
hahaha x2!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
TXROCK
Jeep Addict

Member # 5262
This is from Wikipedia:

Sahara Edition Unlimited Rubicon: 2005, Paramount released the movie Sahara which featured a Jeep Wrangler. As a way to build on the success of the movie, Jeep released a limited production “Sahara Edition” Unlimited Rubicon.[14] Only 1000 were produced and each one is numbered. All of them are visually identical, but some were offered in a manual and others an automatic. They are all Light Khaki Unlimiteds. Trim differences over the standard Rubicon include chrome grille, color matched flares, khaki hard top or soft top, as well as optional dual khaki tops, Graphite Moab wheels, a Sahara spare tire cover, upgraded two-tone premium seats, Sahara decals, taillight guards, and a numbered dash badge.

Now the fact that the OP posted this thread as his "FIRST" post definitely raises questions, but apparently the limited 2005 Sahara edition Rubicon unlimited was created.

RIPP Supercharged, GenRight Armored, RK suspension, 3rd row seat, sPOD, LIGHTS!, 12V auxiliary power (all 7 passengers), etc!
TXROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #12
jdemonto
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Member # 427
Garage
As mentioned its a movie car like the 2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  69.0 KB
Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
jdemonto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
Asmmns
JKO Addict!

Member # 12483
Garage
Quote:
seriously? i cannot be the only one that thought this post was peculiar... must be the most rare option package ever.. i've always considered the Sahara a waste of money (nothing but fluff)... never would have guessed they'd tack the name onto a Rubicon... seems like an oxymoron to me
Well.. You were the only one that didn't know what it was in this thread... And the first person to call out the OP. it is by far not the rarest option package ever , and it is one of the most popular and iconic jeeps made in recent memory.

You may want to google the whole Sahara and rubicon packages and get their history.. I am not a Sahara fan... Shit, I'm not even a rubicon fan. I just buy a base and upgrade what needs upgrading..

In any event - I stick with my original sentiments. Your jeep card should be revoked... Unless you redeem yourself posting some history about the Jeepster or mighty mite !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Old 05-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #14
mbjeepxj
Granite Guru

Member # 11547
Quote:
Well.. You were the only one that didn't know what it was in this thread... And the first person to call out the OP. it is by far not the rarest option package ever , and it is one of the most popular and iconic jeeps made in recent memory.

You may want to google the whole Sahara and rubicon packages and get their history.. I am not a Sahara fan... Shit, I'm not even a rubicon fan. I just buy a base and upgrade what needs upgrading..

In any event - I stick with my original sentiments. Your jeep card should be revoked... Unless you redeem yourself posting some history about the Jeepster or mighty mite !
i apologize for not knowing as much as you... i'm sure you're a legend among men...
I've kept my responses lighthearted. at least I didn't HGPD... there was a post earlier that said "apparently it does exist" and had a link.. but it's gone now

never saw the movie, and after a look at IMDB, i'm sure I know why... can't stand Matthew McConaughey.

i don't feel I need to prove anything, either... I have a love of Jeeps, and that's all that matters.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #15
Asmmns
JKO Addict!

Member # 12483
Garage
Quote:
i apologize for not knowing as much as you... i'm sure you're a legend among men...
I've kept my responses lighthearted. at least I didn't HGPD... there was a post earlier that said "apparently it does exist" and had a link.. but it's gone now

never saw the movie, and after a look at IMDB, i'm sure I know why... can't stand Matthew McConaughey.

i don't feel I need to prove anything, either... I have a love of Jeeps, and that's all that matters.
No need to appologize.. I do not or will ever claim to know everything about anything. Especially Jeeps. I am on here learning everyday ! although I have been called a legend before in some circles.

I can also proudly say that I have never seen the movie.

You def do not have to prove anything to anyone, especially me

I am glad that you have a love of jeeps, that is the common bond around here no matter the skill lever or historical level of each individual JKO member

No need to keep your responses lighthearted, speak your mind. This is what makes our country great !

BUT - I digress...seeing as how you you dont know as much as me, nor do you have anything to prove then why the fuck would you jump right in and call shenanigans and jack up someones thread (whether it even belonged here or not) without having your fact straight, or even doing a google search for it. You post made it very obvious that you did not know what it was, and that is not really a big deal... but when you doubt something because you simply dont have knowledge of it ???

you can claim that you do not know as much as anyone on here, but when you jump right in an post something that you doubt exists simply because you didnt have knoweledge of it is what is troubling and makes you come off as a douche.

shit gets posted here all the time that I wasnt aware of, and that I even doubt... but I take a breath and google that shit.. and whoa. what do you know it does exist or is possible..

Old 05-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #16
mbjeepxj
Granite Guru

Member # 11547
Quote:
No need to appologize.. I do not or will ever claim to know everything about anything. Especially Jeeps. I am on here learning everyday ! although I have been called a legend before in some circles.

I can also proudly say that I have never seen the movie.

You def do not have to prove anything to anyone, especially me

I am glad that you have a love of jeeps, that is the common bond around here no matter the skill lever or historical level of each individual JKO member

No need to keep your responses lighthearted, speak your mind. This is what makes our country great !

BUT - I digress...seeing as how you you dont know as much as me, nor do you have anything to prove then why the fuck would you jump right in and call shenanigans and jack up someones thread (whether it even belonged here or not) without having your fact straight, or even doing a google search for it. You post made it very obvious that you did not know what it was, and that is not really a big deal... but when you doubt something because you simply dont have knowledge of it ???

you can claim that you do not know as much as anyone on here, but when you jump right in an post something that you doubt exists simply because you didnt have knoweledge of it is what is troubling and makes you come off as a douche.

shit gets posted here all the time that I wasnt aware of, and that I even doubt... but I take a breath and google that shit.. and whoa. what do you know it does exist or is possible..
Understood, and trust me, I normally google stuff all the time. Seems I should have in this case. The biggest reason I jumped on it was the fact that it's a "1st post for sale thread" with no pics. Just seemed too fishy to even open up another tab and google it. We all learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.