JKOwners Forum banner

AEV 3.5" SC lift with 35's and 37's.

78K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  AppSt59Dave 
#1 ·
Okay, help a botha out. I got the lift, just trying to decide on tire size. Post up your pics of your JK with the AEV 3.5" lift, preferably 4 door, with 35's and/or 37's. 2 doors are welcome also. I measured and it will fit in the garage both ways. Sweet! Can't wait to see the pics. Thanks.

#9 ·
Depends!

It all depends on what you are planning on doing with your rig! If you plan on taking it off road very much or really at all and flex alot with stock fender without triming stick with 35s if you don't plan on taking it off road and not doing anything do the 37s but if you do the 37s i would either run flat fenders or trim the heck out of the stock ones or run bump stops! If not you will be tearing up fenders!
http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa330/wright117/
These are 35s with flat fenders!

#10 ·
Very nice pics. Thanks for the uploads. My JK is Mango Tango, so that helps alot. Yeah, didn't necessarily want all side views, just wanted some included. Thanks for all the input, these forums are great for questions, oh, and pics! Nice rides. Give me MEAT, iI'm going 37's. I'll post up pics after I the lift with wheels on. I am hoping to put it on the 19th and if need be the 20th.

#12 ·

This is my wifes daily driver. She's 5'1" and doesn't have a problem getting in with the ACE rockrails. Have have only had the AEV 3.5 on for a few weeks. We love the way it rides and handles so far.

2011 Rubicon, AEV 3.5, 35 KM2s on Ultra Crusher rims, Ace Rockrails, Smittybilt tire carrier, Custom made diamond plate trunk

#13 ·
2k2wrangler is gonna haaaate this thread! SO MANY AEV LIFTED RIGS!

#15 ·
3.5 aev lift, 315 70r 17 bfg at's. tires measure 33.25" tall mounted on the JK. the 37's measure just over 35". I'll be adding those down the road.
with the 3.6L and 4:10's my shifting and power is fine. 37's will need a re-gear...along with sleeves, gussets. if I go to 37's, I'll do that all at one though. for now, I'm happy with the 35" height, just want some MT's for Summer wheel'n. The AT's are perfect for winter and most moderate trails I run. 7 days of wheel'n in Moab and only two spots where an MT would have made a difference for me.

stuffed. 37's will need the 4.5" bumpstops for sure. pinch seem/ rock rail trimming either way.

#17 ·
Just wanted to point something out about the 3.5" AEV suspension (I have the RS). Check the powder-coating on the drop brackets, etc. around the edges before installing them. I would even recommend spraying another coat before installation. I have not been wheeling (except on the beach) or anything and one of the brackets is peeling around the edge. Also the rear track bar is contacting the right rear frame (I believe, it's somewhere). There is nothing wrong with the geometry or shocks. Just giving you a heads up. YMMV

#18 · (Edited)
AEV 3.5" with 37's. If you wheel a lot 37 on a 4door is the only way to go. I had 35's and when I went to 37's I could believe how much more capable the rig is. 37's will rub stock fenders in the rear so you could run 4" bump and trim or get new fenders.

#20 ·
AEV 3.5" with 37's. If you wheel a lot 37 on a 4door is the only way to go. I had 35's and when I went to 37's I could believe how much more capable the rig is. 37's will rub stock fenders in the rear so you could run 4" bump and trim or get new fenders.

Looks like Dishpan Springs.

Can I run 34" or 35's with a 2.5 lift, with my 2012 Rubi and make it up Dishpan?

Those trails are my favorite summer runs, and Ocotillo for winter.

#40 ·
I have not had any real issues with the AEV lift. I will be replacing the control arms (and relo brackets) for better control arms. The factory ones just don't seem all that durable. Other than that I have had no issues. Keep in mind that if you wheel it hard you need to keep a close eye on the suspension bolts. I went in this weekend and most of the control arms bolts were way under the 125lb spec. Here are some more recent pics.

Check out my pics from our trip to Morris Mountain here
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75620

Attachments

#41 ·
So far I still haven't had anything but great performance from my AEV 3.5" lift. FWIW, here's a couple photos of it scoring 735 on the CTI test:

But more important, it does great in the real world:

It's not a flex monster like a long arm kit or MetalCloak's Game Changer suspension, but its articulation is more than plenty for the vast majority of trails, without a single compromise on the street. If you're building a dedicated rock buggy, you would probably want a more "extreme" suspension, or you could simply start with a proper rock buggy. But if you're interested in a dual-sport vehicle, something which you can daily drive, drive to the trail, and easily conquer 95% of the trails (all but the hardest of the hardcore trails) then the AEV 3.5" kit with 35" tires is a great choice. You can always upgrade the factory control arms to the MetalCloak arms if your OEM arms are inadequate.

#42 ·
I like the dual rate coils on the kit but I don't care for the arm drop down brackets. Does anyone know if I have to use the drop downs with the 3 or 4 inch kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.