JKOwners Forum banner

slave cylinder

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nickit1981 
#1 ·
Well about a week ago I noticed my clutch was feeling kinda funny. So I got down and looked at the trans and I saw oil leeking between the bellhousing and motor. I figured it was the rear main and I would take it to the dealer next week. Well yesterday I geting ready to leave I started the jeep and I had no clutch I couldnt even get it in gear. Thats when I relized it wasnt the rear main. So I oppened the hood and noticed the master cylinder reservoir was almost empty so I put some brake fluid and started pumping the clutch untill I had it working agin. So Im going to the dealer tomorrow I hope its under warranty but if not Im very glad it is on the outside fo the bellhousing.

See less See more
#2 ·
ah yes. same thing just happened to me this morning. my input shaft seal is blown and i am losing transmission fluid. i knew this. this morning, felt soft when starting. halfway to work, i was having trouble shifting. then, couldn't shift at all. had to pull off the highway at the nearest exit as i couldn't get out of 2nd. my leak looked similar to yours. the clutch has felt fine, no slipping, nothing. no burning smell. i hope that if they replace the input shaft seal and refill my fluid that that will solve the problem and that nothing is wrong with the clutch itself...

what was the verdict with this one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.